Author Topic: Sullinger and KO have a big offseason coming up  (Read 5021 times)

Re: Sullinger and KO have a big offseason coming up
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I have never been a fan of a big man that can't rebound, play defense and battle hard under the glass. For that reason, I would have no problem off loading Olynyk this off season. He pretty much proved most of what I said against him when he came out of college. I said he would struggle offensively against PFs that were strong and athletic. I said he just wouldn't be able to have the strength or athleticism to be any type of defender. I said he was a poor rebounder.

After two years, he has done nothing to change that.

He has almost always been most consistent and most productive when the C's were playing their worst as a team and not being taken seriously by their competition. That is a poor sign.

I just see no way Olynyk suddenly grows longer arms, gets to jump higher and faster on his second jump, gets to move faster laterally, learns the basics of boxing out, significantly increases his strength at his base or any of the other things that would have to happen for KO to become a much better player than he has shown.

He can shoot when he has confidence. He can run the floor once he gets a head of steam up. He is a good passer. But is is soft. He is a horrid defender. And he can't rebound. He is probably a good 8th - 10th man off the bench to give you some offense from the front court and that's all he is going to be. At 24-25 years old, I just see no more ceiling to grow into for KO. That Stevens had to bench him in the final two games of a playoff series because he could not get a defensive rebound is extremely telling to me.

Yeah, I'm running out of patience with KO.  I think he's going to be good for somebody some day.  Send him to the Spurs and he'd be a great piece for them, I'm confident saying that.  But he's gonna need a small role and he's gonna need guys around him who carry the load and do all the rough and tough stuff and lead the team on the floor.

KO and Sully can go as far as I'm concerned. Both are very good players for where they were drafted but it's time to get serious about the talent on this team. We need better and more talent, especially up front..