Author Topic: Rebuilding through THIS draft  (Read 4313 times)

Re: Rebuilding through THIS draft
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 04:53:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Rebuilding through the draft takes years (at the bottom). I'd rather contend for another title.

Skip the original post?

No, just disagree with your contention that Ray-Pierce-KG are done competing for chips. We lost by 4 points in a game 7 without our starting center. We can bring back all of our starters and most of our reserves if we wish and have the 19th pick and the MLE to bolster our team. How that translates into "done competing for chips" is beyond me.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 05:11:51 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Rebuilding through the draft takes years (at the bottom). I'd rather contend for another title.

Skip the original post?

No, just disagree with your contention that Ray-Pierce-KG are done competing for chips. We lost by 4 points in a game 7 without our starting center. We can bring back all of our starters and most of our reserves if we wish and have the 19th pick and the MLE to bolster our team. How that translates into "done competing for chips" is beyond me.
Bball Tim, I could not agree with you more. I'm not giving you a TP for saying this. I am giving you 2 tps.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 05:17:26 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I'll give you one, too, because that's exactly how I feel.

We beat two of the three best teams in the league, and came up five points (or six minutes) short against the third.  That's with a very thin bench on the wings.  Whodathunk we'd be anywhere in the playoffs if we knew that our top backup wing was going to be Tony Allen?  

Get Pierce and Ray Allen some help so they can continue to be our best players.  Get them off the court as much as we can in the regular season.  We're close, and as anyone who's rooted for this team over the past twenty years can attest, you aren't guaranteed of getting this close very often.

Only way to really rebuild is to clear off all salaries for a free agent run in 2012 (meaning bye-bye Pierce and bye-bye Perk), or to be one of the absolute worst teams and get a top lottery pick.  Ain't got the stomach for either.  Rondo's probably good enough now where even if we WERE to dump salaries and tank for the lottery, we wouldn't be anywhere close to the top five.

Let's take advantage of the fact that we're still within reach of the pinnacle, let's load up however we can for that one last push.

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 05:37:10 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Here's how to rebuild through this draft:

Draft wisely at #19, do what it takes to acquire another late 1st rounder, and pray to strike gold in the 2nd round.

This
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce