Author Topic: Rebuilding through THIS draft  (Read 4312 times)

Rebuilding through THIS draft
« on: June 21, 2010, 12:49:19 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
I believe Ray-Pierce-KG are done competing for chips
I believe we need to rebuild around Rondo
I believe there are 3+ superstars in this draft
I believe the following trades allow us to make the playoffs next season, and compete for championships two-three seasons after that.

Trade 1: BOS-NYC-PHI

BOS Sends - R. Allen ($12Mx2), Garnett
BOS Gets - #2 Pick, Iguodala, Williams, Brand

NYC Sends - Curry, $3 million
NYC Gets - R. Allen

PHI Sends - #2 Pick, Iguodala, Williams, Brand
PHI Gets - Garnett, Curry, $3 million

Trade 2: BOS-DET

Perkins, #19 for #7 and #36

Rondo / Williams
Iguodala / T. Allen
Pierce / M. Finley
Brand / Davis / Gani Lawal (#36)
Greg Monroe (#7) / Favors (#2)

Favors measures out to almost the exact same size and athletiscism as Dwight Howard, and probably will be a similar player - better touch around the hoop, not as good defensively. I see Monroe as a slightly less skilled, more motivated Rasheed Wallace. That is a championship frontcourt in the future.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

Re: Rebuilding through THIS draft
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 12:51:50 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Why does Philly do this?

They are trying to decide whether or not AI2 and Turner could work together.

They are not going to give up both for KG. 

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I like the title of your thread, but I don't think it's time for a drastic trade.

I think if we buy another first we can draft two good players in a deep draft and then have the core of the future together with Perk, Rondo, Baby and 2 1st rounders.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Here's how to rebuild through this draft:

Draft wisely at #19, do what it takes to acquire another late 1st rounder, and pray to strike gold in the 2nd round.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 01:50:47 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
1. Draft Daniel Orton at 19.
2. Buy a pick and Pick up Terrico White or Devin Ebanks
3. Lazar Hayward in round 2
4. Listen to me because I called:
WESLEY MATTHEWS!

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 01:51:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I believe Ray-Pierce-KG are done competing for chips
I believe we need to rebuild around Rondo
I believe there are 3+ superstars in this draft
I believe the following trades allow us to make the playoffs next season, and compete for championships two-three seasons after that.

Trade 1: BOS-NYC-PHI

BOS Sends - R. Allen ($12Mx2), Garnett
BOS Gets - #2 Pick, Iguodala, Williams, Brand

NYC Sends - Curry, $3 million
NYC Gets - R. Allen

PHI Sends - #2 Pick, Iguodala, Williams, Brand
PHI Gets - Garnett, Curry, $3 million

Trade 2: BOS-DET

Perkins, #19 for #7 and #36

Rondo / Williams
Iguodala / T. Allen
Pierce / M. Finley
Brand / Davis / Gani Lawal (#36)
Greg Monroe (#7) / Favors (#2)

Favors measures out to almost the exact same size and athletiscism as Dwight Howard, and probably will be a similar player - better touch around the hoop, not as good defensively. I see Monroe as a slightly less skilled, more motivated Rasheed Wallace. That is a championship frontcourt in the future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pTZLqighq8

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Rebuilding through the draft takes years (at the bottom). I'd rather contend for another title.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:46:31 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
Why does Philly do this?

They are trying to decide whether or not AI2 and Turner could work together.

They are not going to give up both for KG. 

It has been widelly reported that Philly is willing to give up the #2 if someone will take Brand. Iggy and Williams are terrible contracts for a non-contender. This is a salary dump for them.

Going into 2011-2012, Philly has $15 million in cap space, a great first round pick, KG's huge expiring contract, Nocioni's smaller expiring deal, Holiday, Young, Speights and Hawes.

Next years top pick:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Harrison-Barnes-5705/
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 02:46:56 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum

Rebuilding through the draft takes years (at the bottom). I'd rather contend for another title.

Skip the original post?

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Skip the original post?

You're putting the entire future on one player. If he bombs or is mediocre the Celtics financial flexibility will be ruined for 3 more years and the team would win 40 games per year and loose in the first round each year.

As is, the current team just needs a little tweaking and then they can go for a championship again, right away.

Its also kind of a moot point since Ray Allen can only be resigned well after the NBA draft happens. Why would Ray agree to this before he knows what the free agent landscape brings?

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 03:19:11 PM »

Offline jco3423

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
well u do make a good point of trying to do something big in this draft. This draft imo has a ton of talent and sleepers and has the potential of the 2008 draft where you have lots of instant contributors into the early 2nd round. The 2011 draft looks to be garbage imo (although its too early to tell), so we could even trade next years first for another pick this year and then maybe buy another late first. This would allow 3 young talents with low salaries and then could go after a solid player in free angeny. But as far as trading KG and getting favors and all that other stuff you said, i doubt it.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
God knows I've come up with my share of crazy trade ideas, so I'll play along and agree that Philly does that deal.

But what I can't understand is why Detroit would trade their lottery pick AND a high second rounder for a center with no offensive game and soon-to-be-surgically-repaired knee plus a mid-first rounder. Also, I think Detroit is over the cap and the salaries would need to match.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
HAHA Philly trades their 3 best players, for cash, and 2 lousy contracts.... hmmmm.... don't think so.

Also, you can't trade Ray, he's a free agent. And the Knicks are likely trading for a free agent when they have cap space.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
you can't sign and trade players until long after the draft.

And even if you could philly never makes that trade.  It just isn't going to happen. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 04:49:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
We just lost game 7 championship round by 4 points, on other team's court. Why don't we focus on re-signing our current players, and get one additional guy who can contribute right away, either through draft, or by trading draft pick?  I am from the school that we will get more production from KG next year than in this year.  Pierce seems pretty darn good still. Also Ray Allen, despite his shooting slump at the end.  Age is just a number, and why can't we tinker with what we have and win the whole thing next year?