Author Topic: Toronto/Cleveland trade  (Read 2367 times)

Toronto/Cleveland trade
« on: June 07, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Would Cleveland consider this?

Mo Williams/ Varejao/ and Telfair for Calderon and Turk??

It works on realgm.com.

I imagine that Toronto would have throw in a first rounder to make it fair.  Toronto might have to throw in a re-signed Amir Johnson for the Cavs to take on Hedo's contract.

I think that Hedo would take a lot of pressure off of LJ having to always take the last shot.

All of this is assuming that the Cavs re-sign LeBron.

Smitty77

Re: Toronto/Cleveland trade
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:31:27 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
OK, I tweaked this and made it more even by making the Raptors take Daniel Gibson and his overbloated contract ($13.2 million owed over the next 3 years!) off of the the Cavs' hands.

It works:  http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

Thoughts????

Smitty77

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:44:36 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I don't see why Cleveland does it.  Take a very over paid and old Hedo Turkoglu to go with an old and overpaid Jamison and Shaq?  While getting rid of one of their few energetic impact players in Varejao?  I think they need to go younger and more impact.  Also, Hedo and LBJ play the same position.  Not that big of a deal since LBJ can essentially guard anyone, but if I'm cleveland, I'd rather have my #2 be a different position to give the team more versatility.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:48:58 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I don't see why Cleveland does it.  Take a very over paid and old Hedo Turkoglu to go with an old and overpaid Jamison and Shaq?  While getting rid of one of their few energetic impact players in Varejao?  I think they need to go younger and more impact.  Also, Hedo and LBJ play the same position.  Not that big of a deal since LBJ can essentially guard anyone, but if I'm cleveland, I'd rather have my #2 be a different position to give the team more versatility.

Like Shaq?
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 12:04:19 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Like Shaq?

You call Shaq a good #2 option?  He was this year and look what happened.  He averaged 12/6.7 this reg. season and 11.5/5.5 in the playoffs.  I don't see him getting better with age next year either.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 12:12:26 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
OK, I tweaked this and made it more even by making the Raptors take Daniel Gibson and his overbloated contract ($13.2 million owed over the next 3 years!) off of the the Cavs' hands.

It works:  http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

Thoughts????

Smitty77

Toronto would make this trade immediately.

Hedo and Calderon are both awful, disinterested defenders who don't play hard game-to-game.

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 04:09:10 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Turkoglu needs to touch the ball a lot and be allowed to be a playmaker off the pick and roll to be highly effective player. He can't get those type of opportunities playing alongside a player like LeBron James.

Turkoglu would be a role player like his days in San Antonio. Only earning $10 million a year to do it.

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 08:30:40 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
A more likely trade would be Bosh, Hedo, and Calderon for Williams, Jamison, Hickson, Powe, West, Gibson (or Telfair depending on all salaries), and a first (or two).

Cavs would then be a clear favorite with a rotation of Calderon, Parker, James, Bosh, Shaq, Hedo, Varejao, Z, and Moon plus whatever free agent they signed with the MLE.

Toronto would get rid of unhappy players, save long term cash, get a very nice prospect in Hickson (perhaps two if Powe can come back from his injury), a draft pick (or two), plus a solid player like West, not to mention some name value in Jamison and Williams.

Obviously not the best trade in the world for Toronto, but it does accomplish some goals they would have this off season.  Plus I'm sure if it came down to it and Toronto really wanted Varejao he could be swapped in for Jamison or Williams.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 08:37:02 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

You should put "idea" or "proposal" in your thread title.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 11:06:21 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550

You should put "idea" or "proposal" in your thread title.
well it is in the Trade Ideas and Rumors forum.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip