Author Topic: timberwolves will deal picks  (Read 12661 times)

timberwolves will deal picks
« on: May 19, 2010, 10:20:26 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
i've been listening David Kahn who said that they are going to make a lot of changes this  summer. He was worried about defense. Love and Jefferson are really good offensive players but not good defenders. So i thought can we offer Perk for the 4th pick? T-wolves have also 2others first round picks and they are young they don't need another young players now they need more  expirienced players. Last year they traded Ty Lawson to Denver and i believe they will trade picks for sure.

Re: timberwolves will deal picks
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:29:39 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think we need Perk's defense more than we need the #4 pick, even if Minnesota would do that trade. 

I think whoever is taken at #4 will probably be more talented than Perk, but he won't be as proven or as good a fit on our defensive front line. 

It's a smart move if you're looking to rebuild.  If possible, though, I'd like to see us try to extend our window another year or two, rebuilding be [danged].

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Maybe if we could draft Demarcus Cousins but I guess Im not as high on him.

If you could guarantee me that Cousins work ethic would match Perk's then yes in a heartbeat I would do that.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:36:18 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I think we will still be good without Perk. We will have Sheed and Big Baby plus the 4th pick. I don't think that without Perk wwe are a lot weaker. With the 4th pick we can select big guy Cousins,Favors and our big man rotation can be Garnett,Davis,Rasheed,4th pick and maybe Shelden? Cousins or Favors can develop into great big guys but Perk next summer will ask for 7,8 mil per season. I think this can be smart investment

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I spend plenty of time wishing I were an NBA G.M. (or an intrusive owner who makes all the decisions despite the GM he hired:)

But Perk for #4 is a question that would send my into hiding......I mean, talk about a major risk!
You watch your new young stud develop all year long and then bam, you get bulldozed by the magic or Lakers because you have no one tough enough or sytem savvy enough to handle playoff basketball....

I think in the end, I couldn't resist.....I'd do Perk for #4 and go after some mature free agent center.....but I may very well regret next playoffs....

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 10:39:24 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Minnesota will try to deal hard either Jefferson or Love.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I doubt the wolves do that trade, however, if they would, I would jump at it.  The C's could get a real building block with the #4 pick, who could really help this team to build their new core with Rondo.  Then the C's can either move KG to center, or go after a guy like Haywood to replace Perk.

While Perk is great, I don't think there is anyway he is worth that high a pick, and he is going to be overpaid after next season IMO.  I also think he may be a bit overrated defensively at times, just because he does so well against Howard and Shaq.  Yes, he is probably the best in the league guarding those guys, however, against the quicker, more skilled centers, he is very average.  If they can get a top level talent, I think that would be more valuable than Perk's ability to minimize Dwight Howard (besides, if Perk is the best Howard stopper in the league, Davis and Sheed might both be in the top 5 as well).

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 10:47:48 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
If there was any big in this draft worth trading Perk for, he wouldn't be there at #4.

Mike

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 10:57:05 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think we need Perk's defense more than we need the #4 pick, even if Minnesota would do that trade.  

I think whoever is taken at #4 will probably be more talented than Perk, but he won't be as proven or as good a fit on our defensive front line.  

It's a smart move if you're looking to rebuild.  If possible, though, I'd like to see us try to extend our window another year or two, rebuilding be [danged].

If you could have the foreknowledge that Shaq would sign with us for the minimum for two years, then would you trade Perk for the Number 4 pick? That way you can get a potential superstar (probably a wing player) to pair with Rondo. Thus, you can rebuild and extend the window another two years (with the Diesel manning the paint). The best of both worlds, right?

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

It's a smart move if you're looking to rebuild.  If possible, though, I'd like to see us try to extend our window another year or two, rebuilding be [danged].

If you could have the foreknowledge that Shaq would sign with us for the minimum for two years, then would you trade Perk for the Number 4 pick? That way you can get a potential superstar (probably a wing player) to pair with Rondo. Thus, you can rebuild and extend the window another two years (with the Diesel manning the paint). The best of both worlds, right?

Shaq has shown though that he is a liability defensively and not a huge bonus offensively.

IMO, we'd be much better off starting Rasheed and having BBD and KG rotate between PF and C

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 11:14:35 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

Shaq has shown though that he is a liability defensively and not a huge bonus offensively.

IMO, we'd be much better off starting Rasheed and having BBD and KG rotate between PF and C

He is still a lot better offensively than Perk. He would be very good in our system. He is not a great help defender, but Perk isn't a great help defender either. Shaq can still play very good post defense.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 11:20:11 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Two thoughts not directly related to us trading Perk for a draft pick.
1. I think the Wolves will move either Jefferson or Love. Who do you think it will be?
2. Who do you think they could get for one of the two?
3. Who do you guys think they draft with their 1st pick?
4. How many picks do you guys think the T Wolves will make? Will they sell picks?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

It's a smart move if you're looking to rebuild.  If possible, though, I'd like to see us try to extend our window another year or two, rebuilding be [danged].
We  have perk  who seems to be one of the few guys in the nba who does a good job on howard.  For that reason ALONE we should keep him, he's still young and does a good job with 10 pts, 8 or so rebounds and blocks.  His importance to us in a series against orlando outweighs trading him for any draft pick or young center (except maybe lopez  ;)    )

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
If we are able to land the #4 pick for Perk then that's something we need to do. We could use the MLE to land a Jermaine O'Neal, who's abysmal performance in the playoffs notwithstanding, actually had a nice season. He's a better shot blocker and offensive player than Perk. However, Perk is the better post defender and the tougher player. Still, if we are able to get O'Neal to sign for the MLE (Sheed signed for 3) for 2 years and have a player with the potential of Cousins waiting in the wings then that's something I just wouldn't be able to pass up.

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 11:45:11 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I hate what they did with their picks last year.  They should have picked Curry to play with Jefferson/Love instead of the two small point guards.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson