Author Topic: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24  (Read 8760 times)

ScoobyDoo and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24
« Reply #600 on: Today at 12:37:38 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Scooby nailed it 1000%. And don't forget about that 2020 playoff run. We just swept the 76ers and got off a grueling 7-game series with the Raptors. It just felt like the C's mailed it in against (yours truly) the 5-seeded Miami Heat.

These guys need to put on their big boy pants. All of these are mental (and inept coaching). They letting the Heat bully them even without Butler and Rozier. You can't just show up to the TD Garden and say "ahh we're just gonna play it easy tonight, we'll get 'em in Miami". These are the playoffs and you close out games as best as you can. The talent gap between these two teams are huge; there should be no excuses losing at home (where you've been so dominant the entire season) to this depleted team.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #601 on: Today at 12:55:40 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
so basically a gutless soft team until they decide to get mad throw some chairs in the locker room and take charge.
I actually believe these players deserves at least a smack in the head.

« Reply #602 on: Today at 01:57:29 AM »

Online ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 445
From Boston Garden Leprechaun:

"So basically a gutless soft team until they decide to get mad throw some chairs in the locker room and take charge".

No, I'm just saying the following:

Don't be the one getting punched, do the punching. Be the basketball aggressor, stop getting pushed around.

Stop choking every meaningful game (Cavs game 7, Warriors game 4. They let Golden State take our hearts out after that game 4 loss - we completely folded in games five and six - never showed up, because Tatum and Brown are basketball cowards. Hate to say it, but it's true and they should be being told that by the coach and the management. It's the psychological growth that's most required by them if we ever watn to win anything.

Don't lose game 2 against a depleted 8th seeded Miami team without Jimmy Butler. Just don't. You're up one game, you absolutely should maul them in game 2, but no, we come out like it's a preseason game.

I'm saying if Draymond Green is harassing you all the way to your own bench that should turn into an extremely heated exchange on the baseline. Tatum just kept walking with Draymond chirping in his ear. Why, because in basketball terms Draymond is a man and Tatum, for all his experience is still a basketball baby. It's the psychological part of the game that is killing Tatum and brown's chances of winning anything - it's not their talent.

I'm saying you don't just get up and walk down to take free throws when Caleb Martin takes you out in mid air. That "needs" to be, that "has' to become a very, very, very heated exchange with him about two inches from his nose. Take a technical  - make it a point to get a technical.

I'm saying, up one game in the first round of the NBA finals, you should come out incredibly p---ed off like a bear with a sore head and stomp all over the other team. But, we never, ever do - we come out like it doesn't matter - just another game, jack up some threes, see what happens - onto the next. That is not a championship mentality.

Have some toughness for god's sake - physically and mentally.

Show some grit. Stop with the terrible body language every time a play doesn't go your way - that is weakness, that is Charmin softness - massive softness - and that' the problem. No grind for these guys.

Show some ferocity - some energy.

You don't win championships - you have take it. Again I have very little belief that Tatum and Brown really understand this or can consistently push themselves to grind to a championship. None whatsoever.