Author Topic: Possibility of KG and Perk suspensions (merged)  (Read 31177 times)

Re: Do we have to be worried about a KG suspension?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 11:29:46 AM »

Offline RickyDavisfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Zaza, the punk that he is, flopped when KG's elbow swung at him. KG barely made contact, no more violent a move than when Zaza, the punk that he is, held KG at the shoulder during the rebounding action. If Haywood wasn't suspended for his hard foul on Lebron, if Jkidd isn't suspended for his foul, why would anyone in this situation get suspended? Honestly, if this situation is viewed as a big enough 'deal' to suspend players, I will be thoroughly unimpressed by the league. I want to see the best product they can put forth to play the series, and if I don't get to see KG then give me a reason why I would want to be a fan of the NBA? From a business stand point, you gotta' let this go if your stern.

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't think there'll be any suspensions. I especially don't think Perk or Marvin will, KG? Maybe, there's a decent shot but probably not. I think KG is the most likely to be suspended of the three.

Anyway it won't matter much, the Celtics can beat Atlanta without KG.

i'm not confident this team can beat this atlanta team with Kg, enver mind without it.

this hawks team is clearly in the teams head.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think there is no chance that Perkins avoids a suspension.  he was clearly off the bench on the floor.  it is no different then Duncan last year (i dont think).

As for KG, i really would be surprised if he ISNT suspended.  he was phsyical with a referee.  the NBA doesnt allow that.

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 11:35:50 AM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
when "keeping it real" goes wrong...

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 11:37:53 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I think there is no chance that Perkins avoids a suspension.  he was clearly off the bench on the floor.  it is no different then Duncan last year (i dont think).

As for KG, i really would be surprised if he ISNT suspended.  he was phsyical with a referee.  the NBA doesnt allow that.

um...duncan wasen't suspended, that was where the outrage came from. amare was suspended, while timmy got a pass for what looked liek the same infraction.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3773
  • Yup
Ahhh, what the hell let's throw KG & Perk out for Game 5

Yup

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 11:40:22 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Actually, it was quite different. 

When Duncan step on the floor, play kept going.  There was no stoppage.  There was no incidence.

Perkins was moving towards a stoppage that had to be separated. 

This is more like Ewing being suspended years ago.  Never got near the incident, still got suspended. 

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 11:41:53 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

um...duncan wasen't suspended, that was where the outrage came from. amare was suspended, while timmy got a pass for what looked liek the same infraction.

yea that was what i meant...i guess my memory isnt as sharp as i thought...it was similar to amare's actions (didnt he step on the floor?).

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 11:44:44 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Everyone needs to remember Stern's defense against suspensions of this kind. He always says that it is the letter of the law and that the rule will be enforced and it doesn't matter how small of a step the player takes, the player took a step.

He used it last year. He used it in the Miami/NY fight years ago and cost a team a possible championship. He is heartless inthese matters and [dang] the consequences.

You have to remember that.

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Are you listening, Mr. Stern?

I say if we're going to lose this series,
then let it be with all of our guys, so we won't
have to **** about suspensions until November.
If we lose, we lose fair and square and then we can
**** about Doc, about not being ready, about the
fact that we just got outplayed or whatever.
I promise you, we'll find things to **** about.
Just don't let it be about ****' suspensions...

Sorry about the 4 letter words, it just occurred to
me I was using foul language... No offense intended!

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2008, 11:54:16 AM »

Offline IowaGuy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
Zaza, williams & Perk should be the only suspensions.  Zaza for his headbutt and for taking the action.  Kg's 'elbow' wasnt even an elbow, he raised  his arm because Zaza was hanging on it and zaza 'flopped' like he caught one in the face (similar to eariler when Perk 'elbowed' him) and then proceeded to get in KG's face and headbutt him....that's suspension worthy.  Perk & Williams both stepped on the court during they frey so under the leagues lame rule they are subject to suspension.  

KG should not be suspended for his actions with the ref....Eddy F Rush tried to restrain him by grabbing his arms and pulling him....when did that bacome a refs job?  Nobody else was restrained, not even the guy that started the whole thing.  The league is out to get the C's....that much has been documented.  They fine PP 25K for a gesture but they dont fine Horford for his gesture seconds prior?  Stern has a celtics bias and it's fairly clear to everybody.  Where is the media when you need them?  Aren't they suppose to ask the tough questions and investigate corrupt people like stern.  

Who got the ball after that frey anyways?  What was the original whistle for?  I can't seem to recall.  

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 11:57:29 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427

yea that was what i meant...i guess my memory isnt as sharp as i thought...it was similar to amare's actions (didnt he step on the floor?).

There was no altercation on Duncan's. It didn't matter that he stepped on the floor, that's why he didn't get suspended. There was here.

Still I don't think Perk or Marvin get suspended.

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2008, 12:00:16 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I'd like to know how the league will be able to justify a suspension of KG when what he did last night didn't even warrant an ejection?  The ref was there.  It happened to him.  If it was that egregious, don't you think the ref would've ejected KG right there, or at least after they watched the replay?

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Zaza, williams & Perk should be the only suspensions.  Zaza for his headbutt and for taking the action.  Kg's 'elbow' wasnt even an elbow, he raised  his arm because Zaza was hanging on it and zaza 'flopped' like he caught one in the face (similar to eariler when Perk 'elbowed' him) and then proceeded to get in KG's face and headbutt him....that's suspension worthy.  Perk & Williams both stepped on the court during they frey so under the leagues lame rule they are subject to suspension. 

KG should not be suspended for his actions with the ref....Eddy F Rush tried to restrain him by grabbing his arms and pulling him....when did that bacome a refs job?  Nobody else was restrained, not even the guy that started the whole thing.  The league is out to get the C's....that much has been documented.  They fine PP 25K for a gesture but they dont fine Horford for his gesture seconds prior?  Stern has a celtics bias and it's fairly clear to everybody.  Where is the media when you need them?  Aren't they suppose to ask the tough questions and investigate corrupt people like stern. 

Who got the ball after that frey anyways?  What was the original whistle for?  I can't seem to recall. 

No.

Don't suspend Zaza.  If they do that, it will be even harder not to suspend KG.

Re: Dangerous precedent if Garnet et al get suspended...
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2008, 12:00:39 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I agree wholeheartedly with this.  However, in this particular case, it's a little harder to argue because KG was the one who initiated contact with Zaza.

I think it's an even MORE dangerous precedent for the quality of the game, however.  Stern and his front office lawyers are dehumanizing and homogenizing this game.  People want to see passion.

Recently, fans left Hockey in droves.  It wasn't because the violence offended them, though.  The NFL is the most popular league in this country and the sport is predicated on physical violence.  So I really think it's foolish for the league to so grossly overreact to every minor sign of aggression.  All they are doing is taking the passion out of the game.