Author Topic: Danny wanted tyler herro  (Read 2589 times)

Re: Danny wanted tyler herro
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 02:05:15 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Hero woulda been riding the bench.  If he wanted him he coulda traded up

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 02:10:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Eh, would rather go with the guy with more potential than another JJ Redick. It’s likely Langford never lives up that potential, but we are no longer looking for young guys who need to contribute right to championship level team.

Unless Danny had a trade lined up with a team that wanted Herro, I doubt it will make that much of a difference in the long run.

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 02:12:08 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Also they had a shot at Jerome and guy from va.  Similar players, and let them go.  Think they got who they wanted

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2019, 02:13:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm happy they got Grant Williams rather than Herro.

My biggest misgiving with the draft would probably be taking Langford instead of Clarke or NAW.  But Ainge has a decent track record with selecting combo guards.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2019, 02:25:46 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
that sound he heard might have been celebrating. i know i was glad when miami took herro because that meant doumbouya was available...

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2019, 03:43:04 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Also they had a shot at Jerome and guy from va.  Similar players, and let them go.  Think they got who they wanted

Yes. Danny got his guys. I think the people that are upset with Danny's choices often read a couple mock drafts while Danny and his team put a lot of work in. Like every other Celtics loving knucklehead, I developed favorites in this draft. Danny didn't pick any of them last night. Doesn't it make sense that he (and the Celtics) have more information than us?

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2019, 03:45:22 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I'm happy they got Grant Williams rather than Herro.

My biggest misgiving with the draft would probably be taking Langford instead of Clarke or NAW.  But Ainge has a decent track record with selecting combo guards.

Langford was a much bigger recruit coming out of HS than both of those guys. A year ago he was a top 5 projected pick. A thumb injury + tough season at Indiana=Celtics value.

Danny has confidence in himself, his scouting team, and his coach. Perfect opportunity to coach up a talent.