Author Topic: Did Kyrie call in to a local radio show disguised as a fan to defend himself?  (Read 3674 times)

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
What did he lie about??
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Maybe it was but I didn't think it sounded like him at all.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
What did he lie about??

Because he had the nerve to change his mind about re-signing, I'm assuming. Guess that makes Al a liar too - he changed his mind in a few days, at least Kyrie took a few months.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
What did he lie about??

Because he had the nerve to change his mind about re-signing, I'm assuming. Guess that makes Al a liar too - he changed his mind in a few days, at least Kyrie took a few months.

I mean, those are not even remotely similar cases, but okay.

Kyrie has nobody but himself to blame for this talk of him going back on his word. What kind of idiot publicly commits like that  a full year before free agency? Kind of highlights one of his major personality/character flaws with how impulsive he is.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
What did he lie about??

I mean, those are not even remotely similar cases, but okay.

Kyrie has nobody but himself to blame for this talk of him going back on his word. What kind of idiot publicly commits like that  a full year before free agency? Kind of highlights one of his major personality/character flaws with how impulsive he is.

We were all buying what the Celtics were selling last offseason. Situations change. The needs of players and teams evolve. The Clippers pitched Blake Griffin on retiring with them and having his jersey retired, then traded him the second the got the chance to. Just look at Aron Baynes - a week ago, he opted in thinking he was going to be here for a bit and now he's being shopped been traded to Phoenix.

I was being sarcastic about the Al thing, btw. I don't think he's a liar. I don't think Kyrie's a liar - he may have wholeheartedly believed he'd be in Boston longterm when he said that. Free agency is for evaluating what you want. It sucks that it's not Boston for either of them, but this is their right under the CBA.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 10:32:51 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
It's clearly not. I do agree with the sentiments of the caller though, the hate for Kyrie here in Boston was absolutely brutal, particularly online and on talk radio like Felger & Mazz. Makes the Kyrie haters here seem like lifelong fans. Everyone cheered him at the Garden but they cheer for anyone at the Garden  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
I'll say this about Kyrie -

For someone who has - unfortunately - become such a polarizing figure dude DID improve defensively and seemed to be TRYING to get better in other aspects of his game - such as distributing.

Dude was our starting PG during our 16 game winning streak in 17-18..

Dude CERTAINLY would've put us over the top against LeBron James and CLE in 2017-18 if it wasn't for DANNY shutting him down for knee surgery.....

Dude was among the TEAM LEADERS in taking CHARGES...giving it up with his BODY - for the TEAM......

Off the court? Dude gave BACK to the Tribe associated with his family

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24454604/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-gets-little-mountain-lakota-name-standing-rock-sioux-tribe

Tell you what - read that article and it should tell you something towards the young man's character........

Yup...."MEAN OL' SELFISH KYRIE IRVING".....................................................

Total smoke screen

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
It's clearly not. I do agree with the sentiments of the caller though, the hate for Kyrie here in Boston was absolutely brutal, particularly online and on talk radio like Felger & Mazz. Makes the Kyrie haters here seem like lifelong fans. Everyone cheered him at the Garden but they cheer for anyone at the Garden  :angel:

And those fans got what they wanted now. A team with no chance at winning a title in the next few years until Tatum and Brown hopefully get to the next level or we sign a superstar free agent that nobody saw coming(V is not that person I am referring too either). Instead of letting Kyrie, Horford, Tatum, Brown and Hayward work through their issues, we let them bolt for the door. Not sure how that is going to help our recruiting of people on the level of top 10. Horford we finally got to sign and he is gone. Kyrie we traded for and gave keys to the kingdom and he is gone...Hayward got injured while playing for us early on and many keep saying how he needs to be traded. Tough skin is the understatement of what you need to play for our team in this day and age.

Imagine starting a job and getting injured with a long recovery time. During this time, you hear rumblings how you now need to be replaced...what a joyous reward for putting your body on the line. I guess you could say the smart trade of IT was also on that level and I did agree with that trade as well. We literally allowed IT to risk his body for us and he destroyed at a much more rapid pace then would have ever happened without that.

We are not exactly helping ourselves going forward I fear.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Kyrie proclaimed himself the leader.

Leaders roll is to be the lighthouse in a storm. Many of us saw him be the storm instead.

We're calling him out for only wanting to be a lighthouse when the sun is shining. The fact he's bolting because the weather isn't great tells you all you need to know about his leadership.

Defend the player all you want but the leader well he's looking for brighter shores.
ok fine

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
I doubt that caller was Kyrie.  It doesn't really sound like him to me.  But the caller was absolutely right.

The Kyrie haters are a disgusting lot.
Exactly...meanwhile they won't say boo about Gordon Hayward. Every excuse in the book is given for him. Tatum will be the fall guy next year for Hayward's play.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I doubt that caller was Kyrie.  It doesn't really sound like him to me.  But the caller was absolutely right.

The Kyrie haters are a disgusting lot.
Exactly...meanwhile they won't say boo about Gordon Hayward. Every excuse in the book is given for him. Tatum will be the fall guy next year for Hayward's play.

Who is giving anyone on this team a pass? Everyone has taken heat for this turd of a season from Ainge all the way down to guy #9 Terry.

No one got a free pass. The entire season sucked and at no point was fun to watch.

Why anyone wants to run that back is beyond me.

I'm glad most of that team isn't returning because as a group I'd rather watch paint dry.
ok fine

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Sounded ALOT like Kyrie, but I highly doubt it was.

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'll say this about Kyrie -

For someone who has - unfortunately - become such a polarizing figure dude DID improve defensively and seemed to be TRYING to get better in other aspects of his game - such as distributing.

Dude was our starting PG during our 16 game winning streak in 17-18..

Dude CERTAINLY would've put us over the top against LeBron James and CLE in 2017-18 if it wasn't for DANNY shutting him down for knee surgery.....

Dude was among the TEAM LEADERS in taking CHARGES...giving it up with his BODY - for the TEAM......

Off the court? Dude gave BACK to the Tribe associated with his family

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24454604/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-gets-little-mountain-lakota-name-standing-rock-sioux-tribe

Tell you what - read that article and it should tell you something towards the young man's character........

Yup...."MEAN OL' SELFISH KYRIE IRVING".....................................................

Mikey..? Is that you..?