Author Topic: Celtics Offering Baynes for Cap Space  (Read 8794 times)

Re: Celtics Offering Baynes for Cap Space
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2019, 12:38:50 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
So we’ll have Smart, Beal, Brown. Tatum, Hayward... that’s 5 starting quality talents splitting 3 slots. Smh
- LilRip

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Both Rubio and Rozier are career 38% shooters, but it's fair to say that Terry has much more potential upside than Ricky even though there is only a 3 year difference between them. I'm hardly certain that either is the answer at the point but I am willing to roll the dice on Rozier if no other better alternative presents itself.

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2019, 01:04:19 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
Both Rubio and Rozier are career 38% shooters, but it's fair to say that Terry has much more potential upside than Ricky even though there is only a 3 year difference between them. I'm hardly certain that either is the answer at the point but I am willing to roll the dice on Rozier if no other better alternative presents itself.

The difference is that Rubio is a willing defender and facilitator while Rozier is useless when his shot isn't falling

I'm taking Rubio here anyday

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2019, 01:04:23 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I didn't see this elsewhere and I'm sure there are some people wondering if we screwed Baynes over after promising him no trade:

Quote from: Kevin Smith
To clear something up with news that Aron Baynes could be traded by the Boston Celtics for cap space: This is a mutual thing. Baynes wanted to stay in Boston, if the Celtics were also going to be contenders. As some things have changed, Baynes and Boston are looking for trades.</p>&mdash; Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA)

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1141706021209104385

This means we're most likely shopping him to a contender with cap space.

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2019, 01:10:23 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Adam Kaufman

Verified account

@AdamMKaufman
 4m4 minutes ago
More Adam Kaufman Retweeted Keith Smith
The #Celtics are positioning themselves to have several options, financially. Of course, one big question is whether they wish to re-sign Terry Rozier. That's a domino that would cost them between $10-15M. They're expected to target trading for a star first, like Bradley Beal.

Which star wants to play on our team as constructed?

no one, but there are those bound by a long contract, Wiggins, Holiday, CP3, ah....

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2019, 01:10:55 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I didn't see this elsewhere and I'm sure there are some people wondering if we screwed Baynes over after promising him no trade:

To clear something up with news that Aron Baynes could be traded by the Boston Celtics for cap space: This is a mutual thing. Baynes wanted to stay in Boston, if the Celtics were also going to be contenders. As some things have changed, Baynes and Boston are looking for trades.</p>&mdash; Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA)

Being that Baynes is a cheap and decent backup too bad they can't make the team take Yabu as well. 

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2019, 01:14:19 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I think Rozier's return, or lack thereof, will be predicated on which relationships he burned to the ground after he went scorched Earth on the talk show circuit following the season and not on his basketball abilities or value to the team. Did Rozier completely break his work place relationships with Ainge, Stevens, the assistant coaches, Hayward, Brown, Tatum and Smart? If he did, he is not returning. If he didn't, I would expect Ainge to bring him back at around $9-10 million per

would be one of ainge's worst moves as a GM

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2019, 01:15:33 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
They need to dump Yabu also. He is not a legit NBA player and is just taking up a roster spot and money

agreed
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2019, 01:20:48 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

The difference is that Rubio is a willing defender and facilitator while Rozier is useless when his shot isn't falling

I'm taking Rubio here anyday

Agree.  Rubio does everything else better.  It’s not like Rozier has a ton of upside left from what he has shown as a starter.  With Horford gone we need another good facilitator on offense to go along with Hayward.

In crunch time if you want another scorer put king of the 4th IT in there after we sign him too. Ha

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2019, 01:28:29 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
They need to dump Yabu also. He is not a legit NBA player and is just taking up a roster spot and money

agreed

Ainge isnt very good at the draft and stash. 
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2019, 01:42:15 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82

I would have to think a trade for Beal would see Brown plus a pick going to the Wiz (along with possibly a re-signed Rozier or Morris to make the money work).

Smart
Beal
Hayward
Tatum
Capela (through a sign-and-trade with Houston)

That could be an interesting starting lineup.

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2019, 01:55:35 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Why are people still debating keeping Rozier.

He had 13 decent games over a 4 year career.

Because he has value and the Celtics still have some contol over that.

The Celtics cannot recoup any value from the other players leaving.

The celtics have not looked to recoup value from Al Horford or Kyrie Irving.

Yeah, I am sure getting value for Terry stinking Rozier is high on the too do list,

Terry is not even worth the 10 million caphold he has.
The Celts have no control over Al or Kyrie, if they choose to leave the Celts can’t do anything. Rozier is restricted, that gives them a way to perhaps recoup some value.

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2019, 02:07:46 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Man, getting Bradley Beal would be AWESOME. Talk about a legit shooter/scorer.

I still hope Danny lets Rozier walk, either way.

I'd hate to see Baynes go, but I'd understand.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2019, 02:20:17 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Not sure if this has been said, but if Baynes is on the block, does this mean that BS and DA believe the Time-Lord is ready? 

Personally, I don't think so, and hope it's a move to get money to sign Vuc, but Williams was a four star top 50 recruit and if he came out after his Freshman year, he's probably a lottery pick.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Not sure if this has been said, but if Baynes is on the block, does this mean that BS and DA believe the Time-Lord is ready? 

Personally, I don't think so, and hope it's a move to get money to sign Vuc, but Williams was a four star top 50 recruit and if he came out after his Freshman year, he's probably a lottery pick.
Williams is still as raw as fresh roadrash.  this is a move to open up more cap space to get a good free agent.  If they use it all on a mediocre player like Vuc I'll be royally p---ed.   using it in a move to acquire Steve Adams and a first rounder from OKC, that makes more sense.