Author Topic: The Bash Danny Ainge thread  (Read 19922 times)

Re: The Bash Danny Ainge thread
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 07:25:54 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
It has become so hard to be a fan of this team under Danny Ainge. He hoards his young guys at the expense of Superstars. He signed Hayward over trading for Paul George.

We have no path to contention and Kyrie is leaving. Ainge never built the team around Kyrie and he got frustrated. Stars are like that.

Until Danny is gone, I'm done with basketball.

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 07:28:58 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It has become so hard to be a fan of this team under Danny Ainge. He hoards his young guys at the expense of Superstars. He signed Hayward over trading for Paul George.

We have no path to contention and Kyrie is leaving. Ainge never built the team around Kyrie and he got frustrated. Stars are like that.

Until Danny is gone, I'm done with basketball.

We will be a better team next year than this year. No more Kyrie BS.

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2019, 07:31:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What did he fail at?

The boo hoos are so silly. Are people this upset over AD NOT WANTING to come play in Boston?

He didn't want to be here and I didnt want to sit through a season of listening him pouting because he wants to be in LA.

Bingo. We have a good team and five first round picks.

We have some nice young players and plenty of ways to build a fun, solid, sustainable team.

Do we have a realistic or obvious path to contention?

Yes.

Let Horford and Hayward leave, and then sign a max player who can bring us a championship.

It's not rocket science.

Who?

This becomes a lot harder if you actually look at the max guys set to become available in the next few years.

Nobody knows who will be available. Things change over time.

So in other words "who knows I'm sure they'll figure something out"
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2019, 07:34:31 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
ZERO reason to bash him.  I thought he made great moves at the time that just didn’t work out.  The kyrie trade was worth the gamble, the Tatum and brown picks were good, and I liked the Al and Hayward signings. 

It just didn’t work.  Sometimes that happens even with good moves.

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2019, 07:35:50 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
What did he fail at?

The boo hoos are so silly. Are people this upset over AD NOT WANTING to come play in Boston?

He didn't want to be here and I didnt want to sit through a season of listening him pouting because he wants to be in LA.

Bingo. We have a good team and five first round picks.

We have some nice young players and plenty of ways to build a fun, solid, sustainable team.

Do we have a realistic or obvious path to contention?

Yes.

Let Horford and Hayward leave, and then sign a max player who can bring us a championship.

It's not rocket science.

Who?

This becomes a lot harder if you actually look at the max guys set to become available in the next few years.

Nobody knows who will be available. Things change over time.

So in other words "who knows I'm sure they'll figure something out"

In other words, Ainge should never have signed Hayward to such a big contract. I did not like it at the time, and it looks terrible now.

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2019, 07:36:59 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I don't know if I could.

He brought us Kyrie Irving. It's not his fault Kyrie is so bizarre.

He got us Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum, two exciting young guys to build around.

We still have assets we can use to add to this young nucleus.

I can't be mad at him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2019, 07:37:42 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I’m sick of trying to get superstars.  Let’s go with what we have.  I think hayward is gonna be great this year if kyrie walks.  We still have a nice core and lots of trade options.  I don’t always agree with singes draft moves or non trades but I appreciate he always gives the Celtics another plan.

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2019, 07:38:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I hope Ainge knows something we don't about AD's willingness / unwillingness to be here long term.

Otherwise, this decision is hard to take.

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2019, 07:40:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I hope Ainge knows something we don't about AD's willingness / unwillingness to be here long term.

what dont you know? HE said he wanted to be a Laker. Why are people in denial about this. This is why he got traded for a bag of peanuts.

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2019, 07:40:20 PM »

Offline Seymour scagnetti

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
The nba is about trying to get superstars, that's it.

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Well, what exactly didn’t we know?  The Davis camp was LA or bust. 

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2019, 07:44:52 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
This whole "bashing" and "fire" DA thing is stupid.

DA put the C's in a position to acquire AD, and he got Irving,Hayward(whole still can come back around) Horford,Brown,Tatum and Smart all in the process.

We weren't in the room while these deals are being discussed. We don't know how much more out side of Tatum NOLA wanted, maybe DA got annoyed with a continuous outrages demand and told them to F off, and NOLA went to LA.

MAybe it was clear AD wasn't going to sign with Boston next summer, so DA pulled out. The KG situation was different, he didn't want to leave, but DA made it look good to him. Leonard could be different because he's a different kind of person, kinda like KG were he's not about the lights and fame, but straight up wants to win.

Whats funny is a lot of people wouldn't have put Leonard the the "superstar" category a couple years ago. Now with the playoff run and finals win, he's now being talked about being the best player in the league. He's not flashy like the AD.Irving,Westbrooks of the league, but he's got that it factor when it comes to winning, and thats bigger than how many points and rebounds some one can get.

I think this team can get close with some adjustments. A lot depends on Brown/Tatum making the jump, and Hayward rounding to form, but this team will be far from teams like the Knicks.

Even if you have to wait a couple more years for Brown and Tatum to become stars, it could be worth it. It would have been faster if DA didn't hire Stevens and traded for IT, I mean how dare they make the playoffs every year but one since the PP/KG trade...   

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2019, 07:46:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I dont think anyone yet has bought into the OP's invitation to bash Danny.

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2019, 07:53:43 PM »

Offline Jboston19

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
I have no qualms at all with the way Danny has handled things.  Before the season, they certainly looked to be the team in the east, set up for short and long term success.  He’s made the tough moves, sending a beloved but badly injured IT out for Irving, who seemed to want to be THE guy on his own team.  Heck, I was furious when he passed over Kris Dunn and the rumored Butler deal to take Jaylen Brown, which has worked out quite well.

We’re in far better hands with DA than with someone else.  It’s a setback, but I’m sure Ainge wasn’t caught off guard by any of this.

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2019, 07:55:16 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Sometimes the right moves yield the wrong results.

I might question a move here and there, but there is little reason to bash Ainge, and zero reason to call for his head.