Author Topic: when Jeff Green plays well, we play well...  (Read 5313 times)

Re: when Jeff Green plays well, we play well...
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 02:15:15 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
For the record he said in his postgame interview that he is not yet 100 percent back yet.  I think thats a good sign to expect him down the road to produce this much more often, and that we'll see even better nights from him than last.

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 02:33:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, so far he's been key in us beating CHI(road), MIL(road), UTAH and now OKC - all probable playoff teams, with OKC being our 1st "elite" team win.

I'm happy for him and BOS.

That win last night was a perfect post-Thanksgiving turkey meal. :)

One game at a time, Super 8 - one game at a time.

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 02:52:19 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

JG has allstar potential. THere is a reason he was drafted number 5 and carl landy was undrafted. plus landry is on one of the worst teams in the league- the warriors. green should be better than him i believe

1. I was encouraged by Green's play last night and I have high hopes for him but it's one game. Let's not pile up the expectations.

2. Landry was the first player drafted in the 2nd round in 2007.

3. Landry's had a better statistical year in just four more minutes of play on average than Green.

4. The Warriors are 7-6, which is the same record as the Celtics right now. Don't think that really qualifies for one of the worst teams in the league.

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

JG has allstar potential. THere is a reason he was drafted number 5 and carl landy was undrafted. plus landry is on one of the worst teams in the league- the warriors. green should be better than him i believe

1. I was encouraged by Green's play last night and I have high hopes for him but it's one game. Let's not pile up the expectations.

3. Landry's had a better statistical year in just four more minutes of play on average than Green.

4. The Warriors are 7-6, which is the same record as the Celtics right now. Don't think that really qualifies for one of the worst teams in the league.

Add in the fact that draft positions generally have got little to do with how a player pans out, unless the player we're talking about is a superstar or a total bust.

Not that I'd pick Landry over Green or vice versa, but number 2 and number 4 are just facts. Nothing to argue about.

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 02:58:52 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
its still very early into the season, so I don't think you can say that Green cant turn it around and start to give us performances like that consistently

we just need him to be like he was in OKC...I think he's looked like he's not quite sure what his role should be/lacking confidence

Doc supposedly talked to him before last nights game. Hopefully thats what got him going.

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Well, so far he's been key in us beating CHI(road), MIL(road), UTAH and now OKC - all probable playoff teams, with OKC being our 1st "elite" team win.

I'm happy for him and BOS.

That win last night was a perfect post-Thanksgiving turkey meal. :)

One game at a time, Super 8 - one game at a time.
If and when Green plays well I like our chances against ANYBODY
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
I think last night is a clear indicator that whatever problems Jeff has that they are in his head.   The surgery stuff is a joke, because how did he play last night as well as he did if it were the case.   He needs a therapist more than a physical therapist.   Just play aggressive, Jeff.

I'm of the mindset that Jeff needs to play alot more aggressively too, but the surgery stuff definitely isn't a joke.  Think of how after tearing an ACL the mind usually needs a year to completely trust the knee after its structurally sound.  Imagine how long it takes the mind after heart surgery to trust your entire body, when a couple months ago you were hardly able to walk.  I think people neglect the gravity of heart surgery, and how taxing the recuperative process is with it.

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 03:26:19 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I think last night is a clear indicator that whatever problems Jeff has that they are in his head.   The surgery stuff is a joke, because how did he play last night as well as he did if it were the case.   He needs a therapist more than a physical therapist.   Just play aggressive, Jeff.

I'm of the mindset that Jeff needs to play alot more aggressively too, but the surgery stuff definitely isn't a joke.  Think of how after tearing an ACL the mind usually needs a year to completely trust the knee after its structurally sound.  Imagine how long it takes the mind after heart surgery to trust your entire body, when a couple months ago you were hardly able to walk.  I think people neglect the gravity of heart surgery, and how taxing the recuperative process is with it.

TP

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 03:31:36 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Add in the fact that draft positions generally have got little to do with how a player pans out, unless the player we're talking about is a superstar or a total bust.

Not that I'd pick Landry over Green or vice versa, but number 2 and number 4 are just facts. Nothing to argue about.

Yeah I know, the poster I responded to said Landry was undrafted, which isn't true, and the Warriors were one of the worst teams in the league, whose record indicates otherwise. I wasn't trying to argue who was better or not between Green or Landry just stating a few facts. And number 3 is also a fact because Landry is averaging 15/7 in 26 mins while Green is averaging 9/3 in 22 mins.

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 03:40:34 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
we'll be a scary team if Green can play wit last night's aggression EVERY game. dude can score from all ova da court he has talent (which is why iont get how people on here call him a bum) he just plays too timid a lot hopefully he can build from last nights game

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 03:45:30 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
To all the Jeff Green haters time to eat some crow. 17 points off the bench! Green is looking like an absolute steal right now and the top 1-2 player on the celtics in the future.

1. Not a hater, just do not think he is a great or even very good player.

2. He had one good game and he has played well in 3 out of 13 games this season.

3. I don't think a place is being held for him in the hall of fame/

4. A steal?  ::)

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 03:53:40 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Until Green can play like he did last night consistently, which is something he has not done in his time in Boston, I will be highly skeptical he ever will be able to.

At what point does untapped potential finally just become an inability?  For me, I'd say this is the year.  He just has never proven to be consistently capable.

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 04:04:46 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I think that once he becomes comfortable in his role and what the Celtics want from him, he will play with more consistency.

let's see if he can build on last night tomorrow against the magic.

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 04:07:40 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
To all the Jeff Green haters time to eat some crow. 17 points off the bench! Green is looking like an absolute steal right now and the top 1-2 player on the celtics in the future.

2. He had one good game and he has played well in 3 out of 13 games this season.

Yeah, a steal at 9mil? I don't think so. Rondo's a steal at 11mil. But he's our best player...

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 04:14:54 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Oh C'mon, Vinnie :)

Can you AT LEAST take into account the fact that, as blastoidesroidsnoids stated - the man is STILL healing?

I know that it's STILL taking me time to get back to normal after my achilles surgery, and it's been a yr and a half.

I'm no doctor by any stretch, but I'm guessing heart surgery will take just as long to recuperate?

And, for me - I can't focus on just Jeff Green playing well in a particular game, because just about the entire team has seemingly been in a funk for a bit.

Yes - Jeff Green has been inconsistent. Yes - he IS getting paid a LOT...BUT:

The book isn't finished, yet.

And I bet no one thought James Worthy was going to be in the HOF either at one time. And JW never played out of position for the Magic and Kareem Lakers, either.

The man has overcome a lot.