Author Topic: Celtic Pride Movie  (Read 6551 times)

Celtic Pride Movie
« on: April 18, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »

Offline pctechpr

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Isn’t it weird that this movie had the Celts and the Jazz in the final. There is a possibility that it could happen this year. Deron Williams should be on the look out while in Boston ;D

Go Celts !!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:05:30 PM by Redz »

Re: Celtic Pride Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I don't know....I think Carlos Boozer looks more like Damon Wayans.
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 12:58:49 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
I think it's funny that Judd Apatow - the guy wrote or produced 40 yr old virgin, knocked up, anchorman etc - wrote this movie
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 01:48:11 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
I think it's funny that Judd Apatow - the guy wrote or produced 40 yr old virgin, knocked up, anchorman etc - wrote this movie

Everyone makes mistakes and as time passes they should be forgiven.

I am not sure enough time has passed! ;)
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 01:59:23 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
One of the wierdest scenes in the film is the demolition of the old Boston Garden that appears behind the final credits. It shows the old Garden being demolished with explosives ... which never happened. It was torn down without explosives. This one strange scene is probably the only interesting part of the movie. Well, maybe the cameos are interesting. Cousy, Bird, Walton, Jick, and others.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 02:03:57 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
One of the wierdest scenes in the film is the demolition of the old Boston Garden that appears behind the final credits. It shows the old Garden being demolished with explosives ... which never happened. It was torn down without explosives. This one strange scene is probably the only interesting part of the movie. Well, maybe the cameos are interesting. Cousy, Bird, Walton, Jick, and others.

I remember that period where you could drive on 93 and peer right into the gutted Boston Garden.  Spooky scene.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 02:06:03 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I always laughed at the fictional Celtics team put on the court in that movie:  Probably the whitest basketball team seen since 1936.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 03:30:13 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
My theory was always that they used the Jazz because they couldn't license the Lakers, or they were too expensive, so they used the other purple team.

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 05:08:33 PM »

Offline Aaron

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 18
I could be mistaken here, but I've heard Colin Quinn talk about this movie... but I believe he originally wrote a MUCH MUCH MUCH (of course, this is coming from him) better movie revolving around gambling... and the NBA wouldn't allow that, so they basically stripped the main idea of his move (C's fans kidnapping a player) and had Judd Apatow write the garbage we currently have.

And yes, I do own this movie and have seen it over 10 times.

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 06:49:36 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
I confess. I own Celtic Pride, Amazing Grace and Chuck, and The Fish That Saved Pittsburg. I've watched them multiple times. They're all very lousy movies. I love 'em. Celtics in every movie!

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I was at the old garden in the stands one night when they were filming scenes for "Amazing Grace and Chuck" so technically I am in it. You might even say the star.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 07:33:10 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I loved Celtic Pride.  I have it in both VHS and DVD and watch it all the time.  I also loved Amazing Grace and Chuck.  I have that on VHS around here somewhere but haven't thought about it for a long time. 

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 01:02:03 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
I was at the old garden in the stands one night when they were filming scenes for "Amazing Grace and Chuck" so technically I am in it. You might even say the star.

Hey, I was there, too! Was that 1987? It was a preseason game. Alex English was dressed as a Celtic: #31 Smith. He played with the Celtics bench players for most of one quarter. The Celtics starters sat out (as well as Fred Roberts, who was also wearing #31). Before the game, they ran 2 set plays several times in a row for the cameras. I tried to find myself long ago in the video, but I don't remember whether I was successful.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 08:37:45 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Yes Colin Quinn did originally write Celtic Pride and he said they rehashed it to where almost not one original line he wrote remained.

I like it OK its a pretty good tongue and cheek mockery of us fans. We are crazy. Sort of like the way Tenacious D pokes fun of rockers in The Pick of Destiny

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 08:05:46 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I hate this movie's ending. How can you call a movie Celtic Pride and at the end its all Jazz players celebrating after defeating the C's because the main characters are cheering for the other team. 

....  I know this is a comedy but that is crossing some boundaries in my opinion.  Somehow they should have ended it with the C's winning at least..