Author Topic: Kanye West is a scumbag  (Read 29444 times)

Kanye West is a scumbag
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:43:12 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://www.eonline.com/news/623519/kanye-west-goes-off-on-beck-s-grammy-win-he-should-have-given-his-award-to-beyonce

Seriously , you are going to diss Beck like that ? Beck has been doing this for over 20 years, and is a great songwriter , and you know , he can actually sign and play instruments .....

If Beyonce looked didn't look like she does, do you think anyone would be paying attention to her ? She has a decent voice, but nothing close to Whitney Houston or anything . She's a big dummy that can shake her behind .

And Kanye ? He uses autotone on every freaking track , he can't sign , it is such a cop out to use auto-tone , what kind of talent is that ?

Try actually learning to sing like this.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBLNYuKLYD0

Kanye is a total scumbag. He is talking about this should be about great art, well lose the auto-tone, the back up dancers, , the smoke and mirrors and tell me what kanye is , is that great art ?

Beck artistically and talent wise blows away almost every musician at those god awful grammy awards away, except Stevie Wonder .
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:56:42 AM by rondohondo »

Re: Kanye West is a scumbag
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 10:52:32 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Imo, Kanye came across as a classless sore loser. I mean, it's not like Beyonce lost out to Justin Beiber or anything, Beck is a legit, 1st class musician. Show some respect yourself Kayne.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Cocaine is a helluva drug.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 11:02:25 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Who looks for art in the music featured at the Grammys?

Beyond the sound engineers, the album artists, and the rest of the magicians that make the various permutations of pop music pop, if you're nominated for a songwriting/Best XYZ Grammy you're almost certainly not creating art, you're creating a commodity meant for mass consumption.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 11:06:53 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Love me some 'Ye
DKC Suns

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 11:15:18 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If Beyonce looked didn't look like she does, do you think anyone would be paying attention to her ? She has a decent voice, but nothing close to Whitney Houston or anything . She's a big dummy that can shake her behind .

That's pretty messed up. Offensive as well. And wrong. Its like a 'get off my lawn' trifecta.

And Kanye ? He uses autotone on every freaking track , he can't sign , it is such a cop out to use auto-tone , what kind of talent is that ?

Again, comment is really completely out of touch with the subject matter.

Kanye is a total scumbag. He is talking about this should be about great art, well lose the auto-tone, the back up dancers, , the smoke and mirrors and tell me what kanye is , is that great art ?

Yes, Kanye is one of the most creative and prolific artists of our time.

Beck artistically and talent wise blows away almost every musician at those god awful grammy awards away, except Stevie Wonder .

Beck's cool. He's not that cool. But he's cool.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 11:15:36 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I don't think he even knows who Beck is

Kanye's a loser baby, so why dont we kill him?
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 11:17:52 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

To quote an anonymous CB'er...

That's pretty messed up. Offensive as well. And wrong. Its like a 'get off my lawn' trifecta.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 11:25:43 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

haha yea seriously, He is the most creative and prolific artist of our time ? This is the worst musical era since the 80's  . By the way I can name a bunch of more talent and prolific artists in the 21st century .

Start off with John Frusciante , I got a whole bunch more for you too, unless hip hop is all you listen to ?

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Yes Kanye is a nut job but to look at College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation and MBDTF and say he's not talented is nonsense
DKC Suns

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 11:31:08 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

How is it offensive ? Does she not have her ass bouncing all over the place in leotards, heels and stockings in almost every performance ? Singing about her jelly ? How she can get another man in a minute . Her whole talent is to sell sex .

How is it out of touch with comparing singers? James Brown could sing and was a great performer, Kanye uses technology because he can't sing .

Feel sorry for you if you think Kanye is a great talent .

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 11:32:26 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
In my experience people who call other people Scumbag aren't exactly the greatest people either. West didn't do anything but state his opinion passionately, your just mad he wasn't politically correct and keep his opinions to himself. I'm not familiar with Beck, but like Indeed alluded to Kanye is kind of good at music. If you can only appreciate the vocal aspects of music you are missing out.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 11:37:02 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Imo, Kanye came across as a classless sore loser. I mean, it's not like Beyonce lost out to Justin Beiber or anything, Beck is a legit, 1st class musician. Show some respect yourself Kayne.

Agreed. If you're going to "fight for creativity" (Kanye's words), then it just seems odd. Beck is one of the most creative artists out there.

And now it turns out people are basically vandalizing Beck's wiki page:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/becks-wikipedia-page-hacked-stole-grammy-beyonce-201592
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 11:37:20 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

haha yea seriously, He is the most creative and prolific artist of our time ? This is the worst musical era since the 80's  . By the way I can name a bunch of more talent and prolific artists in the 21st century .

Start off with John Frusciante , I got a whole bunch more for you too, unless hip hop is all you listen to ?
Oh man, you love the Froosh too!?

Curtains is one of my favorite albums EVER

TP my good man
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 11:40:21 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

You really think that if Beyonce was not as beautiful as she is, she would still be successful?

Because that seems ridiculous to me. How many modern female pop stars are NOT attractive (at least in the eyes of the majority)?