Author Topic: Boston Celtics vs Milwaukee Bucks Seeding Game #1 7/31/20  (Read 26915 times)

Re: Boston Celtics vs Milwaukee Bucks Seeding Game #1 7/31/20
« Reply #525 on: August 01, 2020, 09:02:55 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
If you watch the game, the team played quite well.

Tatum had a bad night and that can happen to any player, he started to pass out of his looks and got a couple of assists. Giannis makes everyone look bad on defense.

Hayward was ok, the team would have been better if he had hit harder. His stats were fine, but watch the game.

Team needed Kemba in the last 7 minutes....obviously.

Brown played really really well.

Theis was good as always....

Wanamaker had a good game.

Smart was outstanding. He had two shots that tied the game amd one shot that put the Celtics in front. He is such a wild card, you simply can't guess what he's going to do next.

Grant,Semi & Kanter were ok, but played very little. Grant committed an awful foul on a three pointer.

Celtics bench Minutes - 88  points- 39
Bucks bench minutes - 90  points- 32

Smart really lead the team.

In the 4th, the Bucks were doubling Tatum deep from time to time which was funny as he was so cold.

I don’t understand what you mean here?

I think he meant Hayward should have been more aggressive on offense, which I agree with.
Hmmm...
I watched the game, Thought he was aggressive when he had his opportunities but didn’t shoot particularly well. However had a similar amount of shots as the other starters (excluding Kemba on restrictions). Memory of box score says 16 for Hayward, 15 for Brown, 13 for Theis(!) and 18 for Tatum. Can’t remember how many Smart took.

So that seems like a function of the offense rather than Hayward. There are 4 All-Star quality players sharing the ball, 5 if u count Smart and 6 if you add in wide open Theis.  It looks to me like they are constantly “taking turns”. He led everyone in assists and was second in rebounding. Not sure what he should be doing instead, given the roster construction. I think this team is designed to share, Hayward does that well.

If he or Brown shoots A little better or Tatum makes more than 1 basket, likely we win. And no one is complaining about Hayward lack of aggressiveness.

Biggest takeaway from me for the game...all our PGs has very good games. That may be our biggest strength against the Bucks.

« Reply #526 on: August 01, 2020, 10:09:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Marcus Smart fined $15k for comments about officials and Giannis.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #527 on: August 01, 2020, 10:30:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Wonder if JB gets fined too.

« Reply #528 on: August 01, 2020, 11:28:40 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

If I made as much as Marcus does, I'd be complaining about the refs a lot.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #529 on: August 02, 2020, 02:33:08 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730

The team would be better off if Brad Stevens were getting these fines for going off on the officials. Stevens is way too compliant and accepting of their bad calls and even worse explanations. Somebody has to say something and it always seems to be Marcus.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #530 on: August 02, 2020, 02:36:43 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Brandon Clarke highlight(21 pts, offensive rebounds etc) last night... would have looked good in a Celts uniform

https://youtu.be/-H4FTI_0uKQ

100% agree. I called for us to pick him before the draft. I love Grant Williams and think he will be a consistent contributor - he knows how to play and does the dirty work. What the hell we saw in Langford is beyond me. Danny and his perimeter fetish, I suppose.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #531 on: August 02, 2020, 02:42:25 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

The team would be better off if Brad Stevens were getting these fines for going off on the officials. Stevens is way too compliant and accepting of their bad calls and even worse explanations. Somebody has to say something and it always seems to be Marcus.
I'm doing plenty of complaining 8)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #532 on: August 02, 2020, 10:06:25 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
The Bucks game was a weird one.  Kemba on limited minutes and Tatum essentially disappearing were mitigating and likely generally won't happen but Smart might not always play that well either.  And yes, GA should have fouled out at least once and that would have helped.

To me the issue was size.  We still have an issue.  We aren't able to occupy their bigs (they can float and clog the middle) and we lack the defensive presence to stop them getting some easy baskets in the paint.

Games can (or often) come down to a handful of buckets.  When you give up a few too many easy baskets to their bigs, you then put more pressure on your team to make more of the big tough shots.  With the Tatum disappearance and Kemba on minutes limits, we had to make too many big shots and just couldn't do it.

There will be nights where we will hit enough big shots to overcome easy baskets that their bigs get but it just puts more pressure on us, especially against a team like the Bucks.  We are what we are though, at least for now.

« Reply #533 on: August 02, 2020, 11:27:38 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Not all that discouraging to me. This team is a little rusty, but they showed they still have that fight that allows them to keep games close when they're not playing well or climb back from deficits. The other stuff will come. If Tatum has an even slightly sub-average game, the Celtics would have won and that would have been fool's gold. So this loss might not be the worst thing.