Author Topic: Delonte West....  (Read 2724 times)

Delonte West....
« on: May 15, 2008, 02:24:21 PM »

Offline green tea

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
I have to admit, I have a soft spot for him.  I feel like he's a pretty tough kid.

Of course I desperately want the C's to make it past this series.  But D.West played with a lot of heart last night.  He was aggressive...both offensively and defensively.  At times in the 4th quarter, was the only one keeping the Cavs in the game.  I liked how he picked off a lazy pass and scored...and later on, was consistently attacking the rim.

A recent topic of discussion was Bibby vs. Delonte.  I wonder if anyone has change their mind in terms of who they believe is the bigger threat in the series.  Before the series started, I thought that Delonte would prove to be the tougher PG to deal with.  I still think that way.  But he HAS had a bit of and up and down series, kind of like Rondo.

Re: Delonte West....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 02:28:59 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
I have to admit, I have a soft spot for him.  I feel like he's a pretty tough kid.

Of course I desperately want the C's to make it past this series.  But D.West played with a lot of heart last night.  He was aggressive...both offensively and defensively.  At times in the 4th quarter, was the only one keeping the Cavs in the game.  I liked how he picked off a lazy pass and scored...and later on, was consistently attacking the rim.

A recent topic of discussion was Bibby vs. Delonte.  I wonder if anyone has change their mind in terms of who they believe is the bigger threat in the series.  Before the series started, I thought that Delonte would prove to be the tougher PG to deal with.  I still think that way.  But he HAS had a bit of and up and down series, kind of like Rondo.

Green Tea,i agree with you here,nothing wrong with giving credit,where its due.D.West played a heck of a ball game last night.Yes,he did give the Cavs a last bit of hope.TP for you ;D

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 02:29:56 PM »

Offline VINandTonic42

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I can see why people root for this kid, but in terms of his bball ability I think he is pretty expendable.  

Guys like Del are a dime-a-dozen.  Maybe he is a nice complimentary piece, but I hate it when people refer to him as "a rotation guy on a championship team".  

How many guys in the league could be refered to in the same light?  100?  maybe more?

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Its not about Delonte's skill..its about Cleveland's bigs scaring the be-cheezits outta Rondo. He's not scared of Delonte's jumper or his man defense, he's scared of Ben, Z's and Lebron's help shotblocking skills. And Anderson Varejao's hair. But who isn't scared of that guy's hair. He might as well have tattooed his face like Tyson and he'd look less crazy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 02:39:43 PM »

Offline VINandTonic42

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
agreed with the play of their big men...Big Z is one of their best shooter-especially when he is wide open at the top of the key

Anyone else getting extremely frustrated watching wally screaming(especially at home)...who is this guy...please someone shut him up tomorrow

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 02:46:35 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The thing with Delonte is he has a lot of very valuable skills in the league, mainly his shooting and his intensity that he plays with (although that's not really a skill). He does not fit the traditional point guard mold, but he is a perfect fit in Cleveland where 99.9% of the plays run, are Lebron vs. 5. I am glad he found a home, and I hope he stays with a team where he will get a fair share of the minutes, if that's Cleveland, I'm happy for him, and I hope they lose every game until Lebron leaves town.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 03:02:33 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I've always loved Delonte because he's an intangibles guy who plays with tremendous heart and intensity. It's odd but as injury prone as he is, I still think he brings tremendous toughness to a team becaue you know that he will not stop coming at you and he will come hard every single time.

That wears on you.

As someon else said, he's good at alot of things but not really a typical, ture point. But that's ok, to me, he's an ideal combo guard off the bench.

I think Pruitt is going to turn into something special. He's a cerebral player who's cat quick on D and has a decent stroke and pretty good vision and passing ability.

However, if he happened not to pan out and DWest were available, I would resign him in a heart beat as my combo guard.

Ditto for Gomes if I felt he could trim down and continue to improve his play at Small forward, which I think he could.