Author Topic: How do we get KG to play this way on the Road?!  (Read 3679 times)

How do we get KG to play this way on the Road?!
« on: May 14, 2008, 11:38:29 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Rondo was great, PP played well, and guys stepped up, but let's not ignore KG's monster game.

26 and 16. 12-19 from the floor. 3 blocked shots. 5 offensive boards. Big baskets there at the end. He was the KG we know he can be. How come he doesn't do this on the road?! What does it take for him to realize it is all in his head and he is not stoppable in Cleveland either?!

Re: How do we get KG to play this way on the Road?!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Defensive intensity.

It wasn't until they turned the screws defensively did the offense come back out.

Turn those defensive screws from the begining. 

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:50:03 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
my theory is that the celtics are bad on the road against teams who wear red and blue (Atlanta/Cleveland/Detroit), as long as we can get by Cleveland and Detroit we should be fine in the Finals because there aren't any red/blue teams.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 11:59:47 PM »

Offline Knox Harrington

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • Video Artist
my theory is that the celtics are bad on the road against teams who wear red and blue (Atlanta/Cleveland/Detroit), as long as we can get by Cleveland and Detroit we should be fine in the Finals because there aren't any red/blue teams.

That's a good theory.

My opinion has always been that KG's just not a clutch player.  He's a great defensive player, he's great for team chemistry, and overall he's a huge plus for the team.  But he's only a decent offensive player, and definitely not someone you want to be counting on at the end of the game.

But maybe you're onto something with this red and blue thing.

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Actually, KG's been the one player who's been fairly consistent, (to a point), but there's nothing we or anyone else can do about him "stepping-up" ... that's a head thing, and only Ticket is in control of that. Despite this game being so close, I think it was a real shot-in-the-arm for these guys, and has given them a new assurance that they have what it takes to win on the road again. That and Doc finally letting Rondo "play" and keep the tempo where it should be, I think is just what we needed to revitalize this team.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 12:39:43 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Tell KG its a game 7.  :)

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:19:39 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
KG is the only player who has performed on the road. The problem with road games is that we spend so much time trying to get Paul and Ray going that we take KG for granted. I dunno the stats, it seems to me that KG gets way more touches in the first half than the second. We need to feed KG the ball until Clevland has an answer for him.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 01:36:13 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Just have Scal give KG a "Reggie Evans" walking out of each timeout...then you'll see some fire

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 01:46:54 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Set up one of those carnival "dunk-the-monkey" games, where every time Garnett scores, Glen Taylor takes a cold swim in his Zegna suit ... or maybe "whack-a-mole" with Taylor's head!  ;D (just having a little fun)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 02:09:41 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Get KG to watch some of the mixes (and interviews) the fans made about him on youtube. There's quite a few good ones that will surely send a chill up his spine and give him a new and more intense spirit. (especially his younger days).
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 03:16:45 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
He hasn't got the touches on offense, in the fourth quarters on the road.Also,Doc set KG and Rondo to long in the fourth qtr in game4...it seems like,they go away from what usually is working in the 1st halves,offensively,trying to get others going.Tonight they stuck to their regular offensive sets in both halves.KG was involved,and played a good amount of the minutes.On the road,they need to manage KG and Rondo minutes better,especially in the fourth.

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 07:47:03 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Seems like people here expect miracles from KG. He's been at least very good every game, and great last night.
I think it's because we expect(not sure why) the center to just be a monster and take over the game in the fourth quarter.
Overall, I think KG is the least of our problems.

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
What happen last night is what I thought was going to be the story  at the start of the series.  The Celtics just went to their two biggest advantages what is Rondo vs Delonte and KG vs Wallace.  Yes Paul Pierce lead the team in scoring and I chalk that up to him going to the free throw-line late in the game to pad his stats.  But the  was put into Rondo's and KGs hand from start to finish. Now I hope this will carry over to Fridays game.