Author Topic: You guys are really depressing  (Read 2169 times)

You guys are really depressing
« on: December 17, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
It is pathetic that so many of you on this site think its acceptable to
1. Root for Kobe Bryant's divorce- If Kobe had never played for the Lakers would ya'll express even a quarter of the hate you do towards him? You guys act as if the Lakers came to Boston and raped our women and children one by one. The Laker-Celtic rivalry is a sports rivalry, not cause for hatred. Its flat out rediculous how strong some of these posts are pertaining the Lakers. I don't see how a couple of finals match-ups really reignited this great rivalry anyway.

2. Many care more about spreading doom and gloom than focusing on Jeff Green's heart problem- Come on people, this is just preposterous. I think about basketball a pretty large amount of time, but when I read a player has a life threatening heart problem, that takes a little more of my attention.

This is the problem with Boston fans. They are as passionate as they come, but also as negative and unbearable at times. You all need to get your act together and put stuff in perspective. This is basketball... a sport, not god vs. satan.

Re: You guys are really depressing
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 04:34:42 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
It is pathetic that so many of you on this site think its acceptable to
1. Root for Kobe Bryant's divorce- If Kobe had never played for the Lakers would ya'll express even a quarter of the hate you do towards him? You guys act as if the Lakers came to Boston and raped our women and children one by one. The Laker-Celtic rivalry is a sports rivalry, not cause for hatred. Its flat out rediculous how strong some of these posts are pertaining the Lakers. I don't see how a couple of finals match-ups really reignited this great rivalry anyway.

2. Many care more about spreading doom and gloom than focusing on Jeff Green's heart problem- Come on people, this is just preposterous. I think about basketball a pretty large amount of time, but when I read a player has a life threatening heart problem, that takes a little more of my attention.

This is the problem with Boston fans. They are as passionate as they come, but also as negative and unbearable at times. You all need to get your act together and put stuff in perspective. This is basketball... a sport, not god vs. satan.

As in almost every similar circumstance, it's a mistake to take the voice (though sometimes loud) of the few and ascribe that view to the many.  It is likely that most C's fans are either indifferent or empathetic to anyone, even Kobe, getting a divorce; and I have NO doubt that the vast majority of C's fans are more concerned with Jeff Green's life than they are about Jeff Green's basketball career and his contribution to the 2011-12 Celtics.

Re: You guys are really depressing
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 04:38:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Locked.

Among other things, you've stereotyped the entire board, and have labeled posters in a way that's likely to generate a negative response.

If you want to re-organize your thoughts into something more constructive, please do so.  I think a lot of your thoughts are pretty legitimate, but it's impossible to have a productive conversation when talk about "you guys" and "Boston fans" in general.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes