Author Topic: Jrue Holiday  (Read 3619 times)

Jrue Holiday
« on: September 27, 2023, 07:50:48 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Would he replace Smart's offense and provide the true PG we have needed to get over the hump? Could we turn Brogdon and picks into Jrue (maybe in a 3-team trade)? Should we want him / would it be impossible salary cap wise?

Re: Jrue Holiday
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 07:52:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
Jrue isn't really a true PG / floor general type. He is a combo guard who can play PG well enough. Much like Smart was. Or D White. Or Brogdon.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 08:12:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He's 33 and getting up there.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 08:17:30 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1253
If we can get him for Brogdon and change then why not? Specially if Brogdon is really p---ed at the Celtics. I wouldn’t Al ot TL in a deal though.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 08:24:23 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2558
If we can get him for Brogdon and change then why not? Specially if Brogdon is really p---ed at the Celtics. I wouldn’t Al ot TL in a deal though.

Jrue would be great to have here but I see no need for Brogdon in Portland. Would have to be a good 3rd team who thinks Brogdon can help them win a championship - and they’d need to have young assets to send to Portland. Btw, I really doubt MB is angry or will be a malcontent here.  I’m great with Brogdon, a bit better with Jrue. And I agree - no Rob or Al. 

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 08:46:38 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Can not do a deal without Rob or Al involved.

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 08:54:42 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
https://x.com/adamhimmelsbach/status/1707194768361443831?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

Not a big surprise, but I’ve been told the Celtics are expected to explore the possibility of trading for Jrue Holiday.

Interesting. Himmelsbach is pretty plugged into the C’s. Still don’t see it getting done given what we’d have to give up, unless we also got a big back.

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 08:59:44 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
https://x.com/adamhimmelsbach/status/1707194768361443831?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

Not a big surprise, but I’ve been told the Celtics are expected to explore the possibility of trading for Jrue Holiday.

Interesting. Himmelsbach is pretty plugged into the C’s. Still don’t see it getting done given what we’d have to give up, unless we also got a big back.

I didn't know we could only get him if we gave up Al or RW... now knowing that, I hope we do not do it. Even though Al may be cooked he is a big part of the chemistry and could have big games here and there like G1 of the Finals against the Warriors.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 09:15:17 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

I think Brogdon, Pritchard, and Kornet should work salary-wise, but I’m not 100% sure.  I haven’t had the chance this summer to catch up on when the rule phases in that you’re not allowed to make a trade to go over the second apron — my initial understanding is that was next season, but I could be wrong.

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 09:23:38 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443

I think Brogdon, Pritchard, and Kornet should work salary-wise, but I’m not 100% sure.  I haven’t had the chance this summer to catch up on when the rule phases in that you’re not allowed to make a trade to go over the second apron — my initial understanding is that was next season, but I could be wrong.

We’d still be $8 million short in salary with those 3. I don’t think it’s possible without moving Rob or Al. We’d need to get a third team involved and hopefully get a vet big back if we went that route.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 09:46:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Salaries need to be within 110% for us, I believe.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2023, 10:31:06 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 546
Whether it's now in a deal for Holiday or later, I don't think Rob finishes the season in a Celtic uniform. It wouldn't bother me if Brad pulls the trigger now if he can put a deal together. Al is too valuable to lose.

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2023, 12:01:59 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

Thanks.  Guess we’d have to convince Blake Griffin to do us a solid and go to Portland in a sign-and-trade and send out Walsh.  So:

Brogdon
Pritchard
Kornet
Walsh
Griffin S&T at $3.6 million
2024 1st
Cash for Griffin (I think the no cash trading starts next year for second apron, because it’s if you finish the prior year above it.  I think).

For Jrue?

Thins us out a little at the PG position, but not a ton overall unless you think Walsh was going to be a major player this year.

Like, I know the deal isn’t happening, but it’s technically possible.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2023, 07:20:34 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Thanks.  Guess we’d have to convince Blake Griffin to do us a solid and go to Portland in a sign-and-trade and send out Walsh.  So:

Brogdon
Pritchard
Kornet
Walsh
Griffin S&T at $3.6 million
2024 1st
Cash for Griffin (I think the no cash trading starts next year for second apron, because it’s if you finish the prior year above it.  I think).

For Jrue?

Thins us out a little at the PG position, but not a ton overall unless you think Walsh was going to be a major player this year.

Like, I know the deal isn’t happening, but it’s technically possible.
Please don't even think about trading Walsh. He is going to surprise a lot of people. Reminds me a bit of Tony Allen: He will get minutes based on his defense.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2023, 07:32:11 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Boston get Jru Holiday
Portland get Brogdon, Pritchard & Horford OR TimeLord

Portland would do l this in a second..Pritchard is loved in Oregon, get 2 great bench pieces in Brogdon & one of those 2 but they may buy out Horford

For Boston it would really kill our bench depth plus can Porzingus play a full season..be a hard NO on this deal
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin