Author Topic: Woj: 76ers interested in Avery Bradley. What would you need to do deal?  (Read 17257 times)

Re: Woj: 76ers interested in Avery Bradley. What would you need to do deal?
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
The idea that the Brooklyn 2018 is of similar value is not really a realistic take. Both teams project to be terrible. You could argue, and I think most would, that WCS and Hield and Skal are some ok players that could be legit starting NBA players. The Nets have Brook Lopez who has a decent chance of being trade, Lin and RHJ. So at best it is a wash. So then you say is it better to have a pick with one year to improve themselves, like the Nets (one offseason to sign free agents and get a rookie that would make an impact). Or two seasons (two offseasons, plus two drafts, plus a full extra season of development for lottery picks). Then you add in the fact that Brooklyn has like the 26 pick and the Kings have two top 10 picks. At this point the values are not even close. You understand that right?

« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2017, 03:56:27 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Dario Saric straight up.

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2017, 03:57:59 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I have grown to love Avery's game but if we land Hayward I'd be very ok with swapping AB  (and our 2018 pick) for Saric and either the Sac or LA pick.

IT, Fultz
Hayward, smart
Crowder, Brown
Saric, Vet , yabs
Horford, Zizic

It's not quite a title contender (yet)
But this roster Is young and very talented.
With no changes I could see this group being 2-3 years from serious contention.

Edit: stooopid autocorrect

Replace Crowder with Paul George and does that team beat the Cavs next year?

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2017, 04:14:49 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Jahlil Okafor is perfect for this team.

Jahlil Okafor
2019 Kings 1st unprotected
Marcus Smart
Avery Bradley

I would do Rozier for Okafor but probably not Smart or Avery.  I know there are questions with Okafor but the potential reward is high.  Reliable back up combo guards are relatively easy to find, a big like Okafor still might be, much harder.

Now Avery for a future unprotected, that I don't know.  We already have 2 first rounders in 2018 so maybe an extra one in 2019 from a perennially bad team, is a good deal.  I don't know.  There is a lot of real estate between now and 2019 and trading Bradley would hurt us next season and Okafor may or may not help us much.  I don't love it but maybe I do this:

Rozier + Bradley

for

Okafor + Sac 2019 1st unprotected

« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2017, 05:45:49 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Jahlil Okafor is perfect for this team.

Jahlil Okafor
2019 Kings 1st unprotected
Marcus Smart
Avery Bradley

I would do Rozier for Okafor but probably not Smart or Avery.  I know there are questions with Okafor but the potential reward is high.  Reliable back up combo guards are relatively easy to find, a big like Okafor still might be, much harder.

Now Avery for a future unprotected, that I don't know.  We already have 2 first rounders in 2018 so maybe an extra one in 2019 from a perennially bad team, is a good deal.  I don't know.  There is a lot of real estate between now and 2019 and trading Bradley would hurt us next season and Okafor may or may not help us much.  I don't love it but maybe I do this:

Rozier + Bradley

for

Okafor + Sac 2019 1st unprotected
The Clippers pick and Memphis picks in 18/19 are protected first rounders. The SAC pick is extremely more valuable than those

I would do that trade. However IMO Smart may not be resigned with the team next summer. I just don't see Ainge committing longterm to Smart when we have Jaylen and Fultz

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2017, 02:32:10 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If the 76ers want a defensive guard, I'd gladly trade Marcus Smart for 36 and 39, assuming that they would be down for that, of course.  Even if it's just for 36 I'd do it.  Edit: Philadelphia has 46 and 50, too?  Deng, sign me up for all for of those picks, lol ;D, but I can't see them doing that deal, personally.

As for Bradley, if we're going to move him, can we at least make sure that he'll be on a playoff team?  Surely we owe him that, at least, and he'd be a great fit next to Westbrook, imo.  Just move Oladipo to the bench as the third guard and they're ready to go.  All I'd want is the 21st pick for AB.