Author Topic: Tacko Fall(merged threads)  (Read 43141 times)

Re: Tacko Falls Upside
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2019, 07:34:39 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
this might be one of the funniest summer leagues in a long time .

I want to see Tacko and Time Lord on the court together and see how long both teams go without scoring.

« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2019, 12:55:02 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Good video explaining why Taco's plus minus was great when he was out there and how UCF was garbage when he was on the bench

https://youtu.be/3YY2BRtAVCs

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2019, 01:02:08 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
At this point I'm desperate enough to be fully in on this.

Buying all available real estate on Tacko Falls island.

« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2019, 01:11:42 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I know some of you guys are joking about the pick and roll. But honestly, I never saw Bill Russell do a pick and roll. Not that he didn't once in a while. I wonder if bigs did that sort of thing in those days.

I did see Havlicek do a pick and roll in that famous OT title game with Phoenix  in the 70s that was on NBA channel a few days ago. Seems to me a real big guy would be an excellent picker if he is mobile enough to get away from the paint.

Unfortunately Taco will play in 2019's nba and not in the sixties. You know now pnr is pretty important.

I doubt he has the lateral quickness to stop even Marc Gasol drive

He looks like a nice guy, he works and tries to improve so I hope he makes it but expecting him to be a Def anchor is unrealistic.

« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2019, 02:50:22 AM »

Offline sirnastee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Definitely excited about Tacko "Take a Foul" Falls!  He and Time Lord are monsters on my updated NBA2k team.

Tacko???
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
We got poirier theis williams Williams kanter and yabusele under contract... even if we trade yabusele we seem to need more a pf than a center.. i would prefer to see tacko in summer league and then sign poirier

Re: Tacko???
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If Tacko impresses, he will get the two way contract.

« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2019, 12:46:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
If Tacko impresses, he will get the two way contract.
that about sums up Tacko's future with the celtics. if he is to have any real future with the celtics he needs to develop a free throw, some sort of offense, and practice defense. the g league was made for players such as Tacko.

i hope he makes the team eventually. it would be a great story.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2019, 12:48:46 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 956
Did not realize he has only been playing ball less then 7 years. He began at age 16. They are saying he can dunk without jumping! :) I hope he sticks. They mentioned he grew another inch this past year too.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tacko-fall-is-7-foot-6-and-hes-breaking-basketball/

« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2019, 12:53:18 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I would say Theis and Yabu can probably cross over to play PF along with center, maybe even Robert Williams as well with his quickness and athleticism.  What’s key though is you really don’t want 2 bigs that clog the paint, and in theory Theis, Yabu, and Grant Williams can shoot from the outside so you can mix and match when we aren’t just going small with Tatum or Hayward at PF.

Edit: since this is a Tacko thread I can see him getting 2 way contract.

Re: Tacko Fall (merged threads)
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 956

« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2019, 02:11:32 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I would say Theis and Yabu can probably cross over to play PF

Yabu cannot crossover to anything

« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2019, 02:34:47 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
A 7-7 kid can make up for a lot of offensive deficiences. Bill Russell's jumping ability and timing--and his intelligence-- made up for a lot of his shooting deficiences. KC Jones never shot the ball as the PG; he let Sam Jones do the shooting. That's the thing about roles. You got to know your role, and it must be tailored to your skill.

Aside from Tacko's height and frame (you can't teach that), he is actually a math and science prodigy. I'm sure Ainge noticed. That means he learns fast.

His offense, if he makes it, will consist of what was Russell's offense: Putbacks and foul shots. Easy baskets. Russell shot 56%  FTs lifetime. The kid should be able to get there with practice.

I recall Russell and Shaq doing a SI cover story laughing about foul shooting.  Both those guys blocked enough shots  in their careers to more than exceed foul shots missed. A blocked shot is an easy 2 points saved.  It's really an important part of the defense.

« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2019, 02:56:19 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The Celtics should hire Rick Barry or someone to teach Tacko to shoot free throws underhanded.  Most players are too embarrassed to try, but I bet Tacko would give it a shot.  Rick Barry shot 89% for his career underhanded.  Nothing embarrassing about that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4eJSjwlD5o

« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2019, 03:01:59 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
The Celtics should hire Rick Barry or someone to teach Tacko to shoot free throws underhanded.  Most players are too embarrassed to try, but I bet Tacko would give it a shot.  Rick Barry shot 89% for his career underhanded.  Nothing embarrassing about that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4eJSjwlD5o

Chinanu Onuaku can teach him during SL practice this week