Author Topic: forums new look  (Read 26414 times)

Re: forums new look
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 09:21:16 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
see attached picture, the quote button is there for everyone
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 09:24:23 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So much easier on the eyes.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 09:26:25 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Interestingly enough,
Also, still not sure why I have no "quote" button.

It's. Not. There.

Did you forget to log in?

It's showing up a bit too wide on my screen, and I'd agree that so much vertical space between the actual comments, and with the signatures, cuts down on the readability. A little funky from my phone, too.

But the front page issues have been improved since that was launched, so I expect a few tweaks to help here too.

If I wasn't logged in I wouldn't be able to post.

I just logged in on my phone (BlackBerry Z10) and the quote and modify post buttons are there. Still not there on my computer (Windows 8-IE).

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 09:28:02 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
sounds like a caching problem - try to clean up your cookies and reboot and all the usual things

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
At the risk of being nitpicky, and maybe it's just because I'm used to it -

The big SBNation Celticsblog logo takes you to the forums homes. Would seem to make sense if that redirected to the Celticsblog site.

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 09:42:39 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
At the risk of being nitpicky, and maybe it's just because I'm used to it -

The big SBNation Celticsblog logo takes you to the forums homes. Would seem to make sense if that redirected to the Celticsblog site.

I agree actually, this is a change I'm going to request

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 09:59:20 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
sounds like a caching problem - try to clean up your cookies and reboot and all the usual things

I'll give this a shot later and report back.

In school most of the day, so I won't be able to get back to my computer until later today.

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 10:01:48 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Ahh, I haven't been able to figure out who got me sick.  Why do you have to post so close to me Roy?!?

I give you guys a thumbs up on the changes, much less of a kick in the pants than the front page was.  I don't see why either needed to be fixed (I know the roster/schedule buttons have been broken for years but stuff like that can be fixed on their own no?) but a conscious decision to accept something you have no control over is a huge first step towards liking it (as opposed to pining which I did extensively with the front page).

I've only seen visual changes so far, I'd be interested in hearing about these functionality improvements.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 10:03:49 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
Two things that I have been patiently waiting for repair on.

1) the post time has not worked for me since the last upgrade and I know you can play with it in settings but I tried over and over and it never fixed. Very happy to see the correct time now. 2) The "go up" and "go down" buttons are back. I use them a lot, especially on my phone.

I agree with Who and others that there seems to be too much light color and if that could be changed I would see it as a big plus.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION

1) the post time has not worked for me since the last upgrade and I know you can play with it in settings but I tried over and over and it never fixed. Very happy to see the correct time now. 2) The "go up" and "go down" buttons are back. I use them a lot, especially on my phone.

I agree with Who and others that there seems to be too much light color and if that could be changed I would see it as a big plus.

And as someone who frequents the fantasy subjects often...happy to see they have there own section now.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 10:16:05 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Interestingly enough,
Also, still not sure why I have no "quote" button.

It's. Not. There.

Did you forget to log in?

It's showing up a bit too wide on my screen, and I'd agree that so much vertical space between the actual comments, and with the signatures, cuts down on the readability. A little funky from my phone, too.

But the front page issues have been improved since that was launched, so I expect a few tweaks to help here too.

If I wasn't logged in I wouldn't be able to post.

I just logged in on my phone (BlackBerry Z10) and the quote and modify post buttons are there. Still not there on my computer (Windows 8-IE).

Ha, jeez, yeah--sorry about that.

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 10:17:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I've been eagerly waiting for it for a while!

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 10:21:34 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter

thanks, I appreciate the specific feedback

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Will take a couple of days to get used to, But I like it. Front page matches the forums. Nice flow, more modern. I dig it! Good Job CB staff!

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
STARS!!! we got stars back!!!!  :D adios Legos!

thanks jeff!

and i agree that a little less white on the page would improve things.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva