Author Topic: Robocop.com featuring the Boston Celtics  (Read 3186 times)

Robocop.com featuring the Boston Celtics
« on: January 31, 2014, 09:09:04 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
i wonder if sbnation wants us to watch the robocop movie?  i really dont want to sound like a complete jerk bc i do appreciate the work the goes into making this site happen, but the ads are getting pretty ridiculous.

i was at a fire alarm seminar today and had a few hours to kill on my work laptap and the main page took an eternity to load.....to the point where I wouldnt even let it finish and just gave up.  it wasn't completely the laptop either, espn loaded just fine and theyre a mess with their ads too
Greg

Re: Robocop.com featuring the Boston Celtics
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I sometimes forget there are ads and pop-ups on the internet.

https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

I use chrome so the link is for the chrome browser, but I'm sure they have one for whatever your using.

There isn't a single ad on my CB page  :P

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
I use chrome myself, at least right now i am, at the seminar it was IE.  Pop ups were probably most likely the problem then but even without them, right now with chrome the flash ads are pretty over the top.

depending on how i drag my mouse across the main headline part of the page, a giant robocop ad (in addition to the ones on the sides of the page and the banner on the top) will completely drape over those 3 or so thumbnail links right there.  if i want to click on one i pretty much have to completely scroll up to the top of the page so the ad won't cover it.....and those are the most recent stories/articles as well, now theyre hidden 75% of the time

TP for the help though!
Greg

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 09:41:39 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
oh wow.  the chrome ad blocker does work!  i thought it was some sort of pop up blocker you were suggesting I use, but this takes everything else away as well.

if i remember after the next hour, I will give you another TP sir.

The future is here!
Greg