Star Wars prequel
1 (1.2%)
Lord of the Rings
24 (29.3%)
Matrix
2 (2.4%)
The Fockers
0 (0%)
Indiana Jones - does the 4th disqualify it?
4 (4.9%)
Back to the Future
2 (2.4%)
Ace Ventura
0 (0%)
The Addams Family
0 (0%)
Austin Powers
1 (1.2%)
The Bourne Films
1 (1.2%)
Crocodile Dundee
0 (0%)
High School Musical
2 (2.4%)
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
1 (1.2%)
Look Who's Talking
0 (0%)
Mad Max
2 (2.4%)
The Mighty Ducks
2 (2.4%)
Kevin Costner's 3 Baseball movies
0 (0%)
The Mummy
0 (0%)
The Naked Gun
0 (0%)
Oh God
0 (0%)
Predator
1 (1.2%)
RoboCop
0 (0%)
Rush Hour
1 (1.2%)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
1 (1.2%)
Toy Story
5 (6.1%)
Beverly Hills Cop
1 (1.2%)
Big Momma
0 (0%)
Jurassic Park
2 (2.4%)
Terminator
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author Topic: What's the best trilogy ever?  (Read 26010 times)

Re: What's the best trilogy ever?
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2011, 09:17:26 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I went with the Gofather trilogy despite never seeing the third one. Although I own the entire trilogy, I never put on the third for fear of ruining my memories of just how great the first two were.

Second would be the OG Star Wars. Never saw the prequels though.

While I thought the Matrix was an excellent film, the second one was the only movie I ever walked out of the theaters on. I hated it and of course won't watch the last one.

Plan on finally watching the LOTR this summer.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2011, 09:19:14 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
Whoever was the one vote for the star wars prequel should be taken behind the woodshed and beaten.

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2011, 09:45:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Great topic here. I'm gonna go with The Matrix(I know. Big shock from my avatar, right?). Loved that while it totally followed the Star Wars platform it was still an original idea rather than a written adaptation like LOTR for example. I found LOTR while good was kinda kidsy. Whereas The Matrix was a unique imagining of "the jesus-esque boy-to-man who changes the world" story. Loved the martial arts(I'm a martial arts junkie). And obviously the special effects much like Star Wars at its time completely changed the game.

What I also loved about this trilogy is how they were able to weave in different character perspectives and view through the same time told throu animated DVDs, extras maybe the best video game tie-in I've seen. The Matrix game allowed you to relive the same timeline through Niobe or Ghost and even if you never experienced these offshoots you would never have known they existed but if you have it only added to allure of the story.
Woah woah woah......if we're getting into the extended universe stuff there is no way on Earth Matrix can stand up to Star Wars or even Star Trek for that matter.

Especially Star Trek. And that new one from last year?

Simply Epic, IMO.
Probably the best franchise reboot of all time.

I just finished watching it for about the 10th time, now....Spock, James, Bones, Checkov, Scotty, Uhura....simply outstanding.

Great storyline, too. Even the villains were masterful.
Another thing I liked about the whole thing was when I left the theater saying "Oh my God. There are still talented young actors? Where were they? Where did they hide them?"

Right!

I think the producers didn't want to soil the franchise, so they pulled out all the stops with this one.

And they succeeded.

I wouldn't mind a sequel of some sort - just with that group of actors.

And if they do - PLEASE bring back Bones, lol...that actor hit him off to the T....when JT Kirk got on that shuttle and Bones sat next to him and started going off, I just smiled.
If I remember correctly though there was one or two that was awful though. I think Chekov and maybe Scottie

You didn't think Chekov and Scottie were good? Wow I thought they nailed it, IMO.

Can't argue with Kirk, either...for him to get in a fight with the four security guards at the beginning was so true to the old Kirk.

His initial meeting with the Old Spock was epic, too.
If I remember correctly Scottie was too skinny and kinda wimpy. And Checkov needed more hair.

Also I've done enough sword fighting that I hated the sword fight with Sulu and the Klingon.  I could teach a 12 year old how to kill that Klingon. The guy brought an axe to a sword fight if I remember correctly.

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2011, 09:54:08 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Lord of the Rings over the Godfather by a hair.

All three Lord of the Rings movies were at least good.

The first Godfather was great, and the second Godfather was possibly one of the best movies ever, but the third was just so bad in my opinion.

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2011, 09:55:12 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Whoever was the one vote for the star wars prequel should be taken behind the woodshed and beaten.
I'd put two of the prequels up against two of the originals.  I'd probably go with AOTC and ROTS over ROTJ and New Hope

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2011, 09:56:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I still think Godfather 3 is a fine film. It's like a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10.  It's just that it sits there in direct contrast to two films that are 37s. 

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The Two Towers can be summed up this way........fighting....fighting....fighting...more fighting....fighting...fighting...talking to a tree.....fighting....fighting....Frodo's lost.....fighting....fighting.....fighting...talking....fighting....fighting...yelling at a few trees.....fighting....Sam gets jealous....wow we're not dead yet.

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2011, 11:27:27 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Great topic here. I'm gonna go with The Matrix(I know. Big shock from my avatar, right?). Loved that while it totally followed the Star Wars platform it was still an original idea rather than a written adaptation like LOTR for example. I found LOTR while good was kinda kidsy. Whereas The Matrix was a unique imagining of "the jesus-esque boy-to-man who changes the world" story. Loved the martial arts(I'm a martial arts junkie). And obviously the special effects much like Star Wars at its time completely changed the game.

What I also loved about this trilogy is how they were able to weave in different character perspectives and view through the same time told throu animated DVDs, extras maybe the best video game tie-in I've seen. The Matrix game allowed you to relive the same timeline through Niobe or Ghost and even if you never experienced these offshoots you would never have known they existed but if you have it only added to allure of the story.
Woah woah woah......if we're getting into the extended universe stuff there is no way on Earth Matrix can stand up to Star Wars or even Star Trek for that matter.

Especially Star Trek. And that new one from last year?

Simply Epic, IMO.
Probably the best franchise reboot of all time.

I just finished watching it for about the 10th time, now....Spock, James, Bones, Checkov, Scotty, Uhura....simply outstanding.

Great storyline, too. Even the villains were masterful.
Another thing I liked about the whole thing was when I left the theater saying "Oh my God. There are still talented young actors? Where were they? Where did they hide them?"

Right!

I think the producers didn't want to soil the franchise, so they pulled out all the stops with this one.

And they succeeded.

I wouldn't mind a sequel of some sort - just with that group of actors.

And if they do - PLEASE bring back Bones, lol...that actor hit him off to the T....when JT Kirk got on that shuttle and Bones sat next to him and started going off, I just smiled.
If I remember correctly though there was one or two that was awful though. I think Chekov and maybe Scottie

You didn't think Chekov and Scottie were good? Wow I thought they nailed it, IMO.

Can't argue with Kirk, either...for him to get in a fight with the four security guards at the beginning was so true to the old Kirk.

His initial meeting with the Old Spock was epic, too.
If I remember correctly Scottie was too skinny and kinda wimpy. And Checkov needed more hair.

Also I've done enough sword fighting that I hated the sword fight with Sulu and the Klingon.  I could teach a 12 year old how to kill that Klingon. The guy brought an axe to a sword fight if I remember correctly.

Sulu was awesome, though..at least he was the only one to volunteer to go on that mission.

Captain Pike asked for volunteers who had combat training...and Sulu being the honest soul he is - raised his hand ;D

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2011, 12:12:53 AM »

Kiorrik

This topic has made me want to watch LotR & Star Wars again.

Old one of course.

SW Preqilogy sucks.

« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2011, 12:14:06 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

HAhahaha

« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2011, 12:15:21 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
1. Star Wars
2. Indiana Jones
3. Back to the Future
4. Toy Story

Haven't seen LOTR or the Godfather. Don't judge me

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2011, 12:21:01 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Old one of course.

SW Preqilogy sucks.

I like the villains from the prequels, though..Darth Maul, Count Dooku and Grevous were outstanding.

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2011, 02:19:25 AM »

Kiorrik

Old one of course.

SW Preqilogy sucks.

I like the villains from the prequels, though..Darth Maul, Count Dooku and Grevous were outstanding.
Look, I like Angelina Jolie, but that don't make Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow anywhere NEAR watchable.

Just sayin'!

;)

(And yeah, graphics and baddies were well represented in those three!)

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2011, 07:44:33 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Old one of course.

SW Preqilogy sucks.

I like the ships clones, lightsaber fights, OTHER JEDI, Jedi Temple, planets, clone wars, Jango Fett, Jedi younglings, hundreds of jedi swinging lightsabers at the same time, mystery, betrayal, seeing C3PO built by Vader, R2 meeting C3PO, pod racing, video game tie ins, comic tie ins, cartoon tie ins, wookies, etc of the prequels.

But freaking Jar Jar really really was awful

« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2011, 07:49:30 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Godfather starting to make a push.