Author Topic: Lebron laughing at us  (Read 16712 times)

Lebron laughing at us
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:36:26 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

Re: Lebron laughing at us
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 01:38:04 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
he earned it.  I have no issue with it.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 01:42:26 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
he earned it.  I have no issue with it.

How does someone 'earn' the right to taunt anyone? And KG of all people who played just as well as anybody on the Heat. KG will remember and likely play even better in game 2. It only proves what everone know Lebron has a huge ego. He is lucky he had the refs help make this game not close enough for him to CHOKE it away.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:51:30 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
You earn the right to behave however you want as long as you win. LeBron fuels a fire he's not scared of being burned by. Bold move, me thinks a poor one.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:01 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
You earn the right to behave however you want as long as you win. LeBron fuels a fire he's not scared of being burned by. Bold move, me thinks a poor one.

I don't agree that because you 'win' or are on the verge of winning a game you can do whatever you want (a tech was at least in order for this. Of course the officials let him do whatever he wants though, just like through the whole game. I wonder what he would have to do to get a tech. Whip out a gun?) But I do agree it was a stupid move esp. in the playoffs and esp. against KG who will only use that as fuel for the next game.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:16 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
If KG and the C's don't like it, feel free to beat them in Game 2 and beyond. Until then, LeBron can laugh all he wants.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 02:00:40 AM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
He can laugh for all I care and can laugh if he beats the C's, but he won't be laughing when the Spurs or Thunder take his chance at a championship away again.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 02:01:49 AM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
If KG and the C's don't like it, feel free to beat them in Game 2 and beyond. Until then, LeBron can laugh all he wants.
That's all they have to do and hopefully that was fuel to the fire.

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 02:05:01 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
if you can, watch the sequence of events before that little celebration occurs.

KG comes out to guard Lebron, this is when the games approaching garbage time, mind you.

Lebron gives a behind the back pass to Chalmers, KG takes exception and gives Lebron a small push, Lebron smacks away KGs hand.

Lebron gets the ball back and goes to the hoop and you can tell that KG gives him an extra hard but legal foul. 

Lebron gets the foul and maybe the shot too I cant remember, and celebrates.

KG looked like he was so close to punching Lebron when he was mouthing off....and I believe thats why Doc took KG out during the free throw.
Greg

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 02:13:47 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
^good call

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 03:29:42 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
That's ok.

The games still have to be played.

They got us last night. They drew first blood.

Let's see how THEY respond once BOS gets some blows in.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 03:51:59 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Gotta give props to Lebron. That is the best response I've seen yet to KG's trash talking. I have no problem with KG trying to push players' buttons and I have no problem with players trying to push his.

I do find it a bit bizarre that fans would take this personally. We know the kinds of stuff KG says all game to opponents. Pierce does the same. They are among the league's top trash talkers. It is part of sports.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 03:59:28 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Gotta give props to Lebron. That is the best response I've seen yet to KG's trash talking. I have no problem with KG trying to push players' buttons and I have no problem with players trying to push his.

I do find it a bit bizarre that fans would take this personally. We know the kinds of stuff KG says all game to opponents. Pierce does the same. They are among the league's top trash talkers. It is part of sports.
That's what I was basically thinking.  Saw it live and I was like... "Touché, Bron... Touché".   I'm sure he's had his fair share of grief from KG in those Cavs/Celtics series when we were Big Bad Boston and he was by himself.  Now KG is essentially by himself (he's the only one getting it done) and Bron is having a laugh.  I have no problem with it.  He earned the right to talk smack.  I'd say this is just going to motivate KG even more, but I don't think it matters.  KG already is playing better than he's ever played in Boston... he's the most consistent player on our team and the MVP by a WIDE margin.  KG is the least of our worries.  Kinda wish Bron had been laughing at Ray or Paul... they are the ones who need some extra juice to get through those injuries.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 04:09:59 AM »

Offline pork3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Kinda wish Bron had been laughing at Ray or Paul... they are the ones who need some extra juice to get through those injuries.

Ray is, for the most part, done. His 65% free throw percentage is indicative that his ankle ailment has adversely affected his game. Sure, he'll make a few shots in a game, but his playoff numbers have been dire to say the least, and no amount of motivation is likely to remediate that.

As for Paul, he looked old out there today, though the refs failed to call some obvious fouls when he drove inside.

-Jamman

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 05:21:38 AM »

Offline Renee2

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
agree