Author Topic: Celtics (8-2) at Bucks (5-5) 11/15  (Read 29631 times)

Re: Celtics (8-2) at Bucks (5-5) 11/15
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2008, 12:16:52 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Well Ray's put the club up three but how bad was it to play OT in a game they should have closed out.

Back to back on the road for 2nd games

8 games in 12 days. I know people hate using this as an excuse but that is ALOT of games in a short time.

The bucks just came off an overtime game against memphis and without their star, charlie V, and Bogut for most of the 4th and OT
sorry but no excuse is a viable one

I already see how you feel about it but I think it is. Did the Bucks play 8 games in 12 days?

Well, they've played as many games as us,   and have had more back-to-backs

They also don't have a big 3 in their 30s.

wow, enough excuses

Enough whining from you about how the C's are so horrible then. Also stop replying then.

Well, we have been playing pretty bad. What do you want people to talk about, how well we played? We struggled to beat a fringe playoff team without their best player and another starter for the entire game, Bell semi-injured, their center and probably 2nd best player who was killing us was also out during the crunch time (with our both centers already fouled out). No big deal if it was only this game, but our record is clearly better than it should be considering the production on the floor.

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2008, 12:30:38 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
iI just hope they are not starting that trend from last season not being able to hold on to big leads in the third and fourth.Maybe this is a wakeup call.As Doc said they just played 8 games in 12 nights without a real  practice.He said they will get some rest,get a good practice in before the Knicks on Tuesday.Also Doc giving Scal a lot praise tonight.

Scal did change the game a bit when he got the call to substitute for Pierce early in the game when Pierce picked up two fouls.

On the inability to hold 4th qtr leads, all teams give up a 4th qtr lead and get beat because of momentum changes. Sometimes there are missed adjustments, sometimes there are bad calls, sometimes a bench player comes in lights up the joint, and sometimes the lead team gets sloppy due to fatigue. All these factors showed up against the Celtics, tonight toward the end.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2008, 01:20:06 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Well Ray's put the club up three but how bad was it to play OT in a game they should have closed out.

Back to back on the road for 2nd games

8 games in 12 days. I know people hate using this as an excuse but that is ALOT of games in a short time.

The bucks just came off an overtime game against memphis and without their star, charlie V, and Bogut for most of the 4th and OT
sorry but no excuse is a viable one

I already see how you feel about it but I think it is. Did the Bucks play 8 games in 12 days?

Well, they've played as many games as us,   and have had more back-to-backs

They also don't have a big 3 in their 30s.

wow, enough excuses

Enough whining from you about how the C's are so horrible then. Also stop replying then.

Well, we have been playing pretty bad. What do you want people to talk about, how well we played? We struggled to beat a fringe playoff team without their best player and another starter for the entire game, Bell semi-injured, their center and probably 2nd best player who was killing us was also out during the crunch time (with our both centers already fouled out). No big deal if it was only this game, but our record is clearly better than it should be considering the production on the floor.

I don't mind criticism but the posts I have seen from that poster the last few days has been over the top imo. I am over it now  ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:28:06 AM by NoraG1 »

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2008, 01:21:10 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:27:36 AM by NoraG1 »

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2008, 03:28:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Well, the key is that we need to get better to repeat. We had stretches last year were we played worse. If this is the best we have to offer as a team we'll get bounced in the ECF or sooner.

Last year the Celtics were the most dominate in the first third of the regular season. I'm fine with moving that to the last third and a strong playoff run. Concern != panic.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 03:42:57 AM by Fafnir »