Author Topic: Nuggets (4-3) at Celtics (8-1) 11/14  (Read 35831 times)

Re: Nuggets (4-3) at Celtics (8-1) 11/14
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2008, 10:32:07 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Anyone else getting emails from the Celtics lately to buy luxury box seats? The fat cats must be eating dog food, or Ramen noodles.

Good game for the C's. We need to lose our arrogance. This is not the team that won the championship last year. This is a much-needed wake-up call. We'll see if they respond.

no see, this is that team, people need to get used to being in dog fights every night.

Last year, until the end we were that thrown together team. we'd routinely surprise teams and get out in front and lock them down before they could recover.

Now, every team puts a giant circle around us and were a measuring stick.

no one is going to sleep on us this year and not give thier best effort, those days from last year are over.

Lakers are playing that role this season but hopefully the similarity ends when the C's meet them in the finals.

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2008, 10:32:12 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Awful game all round really. Horrible defense when it mattered and worse offense.

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2008, 10:33:15 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Wow...how many shots did the Nuggets miss in the 4th tonight? they made shot after shot after freaking shot.

Anyone else concerned with KG taking so many shots from just inside the 3pt line? The ESPN crew also called this out (how no double team on KG is warranted).

Another trend I'm noticing is Big Baby taking that outside shot...I cringe everytime I see that. Perkins tried one tonight, too.

Rondo's shot has regressed from last year.

Kenyon Martin is playing like Antoine Walker is covering him. Flashbacks of 2002 playoffs all over again :(

thats his shot, its always been his shot. the 18footer.

same shot he took all last year.

and I can't tell if rondo's shot has regressed because he never takes one  :'(

his willingness to try a jumper has certainly regressed, thats for sure.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Frustrating loss. We need to stop getting down 15.
I agree the no call on the mugging of Perkins by Nene was the last straw. How that's not a foul is beyond me. (I still say some refs are on the take).

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2008, 10:34:05 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Boy, the announcers are really annoying me.

I could have sworn earlier in the game they said that Pierce-KG-Allen had started the season strong, not resting on their laurels etc...  Of course now that the Cs lose they show that Pierce puts up zero in the 4th quarter and say something along the lines of how Pierce can't rest on his laurels, needs to be more consistent...

Ugh.  I am just ****ed the Cs lost.

Oh, and please give me a 6th man for the Cs.  Danny -- we need TA to improve dramatically, or we need you to pull some sort of trade off.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2008, 10:34:25 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
ugh, what should i do witht he rest of my night?

1. watch anime

2. Gears of war 2

3. avenge us in NBA2k9
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2008, 10:34:35 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Why the hell did Big Baby just shoot a three? It's stupid little things like that that keep him off my binky list.

Screw it, tough break. I'm hoping we demolish Milwaukee tomorrow. And hey, at least it wasn't double-digits.

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
I still don't see the same effort this year though. We'll see tomorrow at Milwaukee if we can get it together. Cheers

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2008, 10:37:26 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Screw it, tough break. I'm hoping we demolish Milwaukee tomorrow. And hey, at least it wasn't double-digits.

Well, the announcers called it a "blow out" with 0.2 seconds left, so, since they know what they are talking about, it must have been a blow out, double-digits or no.

[dripping sarcasm]
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2008, 10:38:13 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Well, the announcers called it a "blow out" with 0.2 seconds left, so, since they know what they are talking about, it must have been a blow out, double-digits or no.

[dripping sarcasm]

i hate national announcers. it was a tie game with 2 minutes to go...morons.

also, seriously, someone pick, i can't decide.

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2008, 10:38:26 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I still don't see the same effort this year though. We'll see tomorrow at Milwaukee if we can get it together. Cheers

I'm not too down about the effort because this is early days and in the playoffs I expect to see efforts doubled and tripled. These guys know what to do and when it matters (Detroit, Cleveland are two examples this season) they get it done.

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2008, 10:40:21 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
The Celtics gave this one away. They started well, but didn't maintain the effort through out the game. When they were down big they picked the intensity up on defense and offense. After they made up the 15pt deficit the intensity dropped off again. This team's definitely on cruise control. I just hope they don't forget how to bring it for a full 48.

« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2008, 10:40:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Even though we are 7-2 now its been a heartattack ride the past three games in a row. You just can't keep playing that way

Rondo has been disappointing this year. His shooting is even worst than last year and back to the level of shooting from his rookie year. Rondo's option for next year is picked up but he should not be confident to get a long term deal at this rate.

Billups has made a world of difference for the undisciplined nuggets.They looked almost like detroit tonight the way they played.

Celtics need to start playing better , especially the starters and lastly i think its a matter of time to waive or put scal on the injured list and bring guys like walker and obryant in to see what they can do. We need their services and now is as good as time early in the year to experiment with their capabilities. The way rivers is using them, it feels like there is only a week left in the season and thats not the case.

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »

Offline lofloceltic

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
We definitely need a big(tall) guy off of the bench.  It also seems that the c's are a bit fat and happy.  Sorry to say but the Lakers are showing the hunger that we showed last year.  Hopefully we'll get it together but we will need to get some help.  Anyone know if McDeyss is available?(I think I spelled his name wrong) :-\

« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Rondo has been disappointing this year. His shooting is even worst than last year and back to the level of shooting from his rookie year. Rondo's option for next year is picked up but he should not be confident to get a long term deal at this rate.

see, again tri, i don't even have enough info to make that call because he won't shoot the basketball.

I don't know what happened to his confidence, or if he's just been told "hey, don't shoot that jumper" but he just refuses to shoot.

I can't tell if his jumper is better or worse because he's taken like 5 total through 10 games.