Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Pacers (0-1) 11/1  (Read 33309 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Pacers (0-1) 11/1
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2008, 01:16:49 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
poke fun at me all you want, crownsy, we're not as good a team this year.  posey's loss was not filled by danny and his loss will be felt in many ways.

i go back (and i know some of you never want to hear about the past) to 1986-1987.  Bill Walton's loss was huge in '87 and it was apparent how big that loss (injury) was.  i see a tremendous parallel to posey's loss this offseason.

what you deem an "overreaction" i see as the beginning of a "trend."
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
poke fun at me all you want, crownsy, we're not as good a team this year.  posey's loss was not filled by danny and his loss will be felt in many ways.

i go back (and i know some of you never want to hear about the past) to 1986-1987.  Bill Walton's loss was huge in '87 and it was apparent how big that loss (injury) was.  i see a tremendous parallel to posey's loss this offseason.

you said this was a continuation of "the trend from the first 2 games" so again, what was the trend. thats what im getting at. i dont understand your claim thier.

the trend was we won the first 2 games, one by blowout.

so what was the trend that got continued in the indy game?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2008, 01:24:10 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
you're right...you win.  you are the nba guru, so i'll just pull out of this one.  i'll disagree with you and let lay - you apparently want to wait another 15 games before you see the trend...i already see it developing.

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2008, 01:25:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
you're right...you win.  you are the nba guru, so i'll just pull out of this one.  i'll disagree with you and let lay - you apparently want to wait another 15 games before you see the trend...i already see it developing.

I don't see why your getting so defensive, you've never explained what the trend is. If you would, i might agree with you. but so far your saying the trend coninued, and i have no idea what your talking about. we went from two quality wins where we looked gangbusters to looking like crud.

I'm not trying to make fun of you, i really have no idea what you mean by this referance to a trend continuing. :-\
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2008, 01:56:46 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
so who's dumber?  the idiot (me) or the guy arguing with the idiot (you)?  ;)

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2008, 02:01:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
so who's dumber?  the idiot (me) or the guy arguing with the idiot (you)?  ;)

ok well, if you just want to be hurtful and argumentitive, then i'm out of here.

Why you took request to explain something so personal is beyond me, but clearly you have some image that I'm making fun of you and now your just going to try to be hurtful to me, and its not productive to either of us to keep posting if thats going to be the case.

again, all i asked was for you to explain what trend is continued by going from winning 2 games decisivly to losing one with a terrable preformance. I don't know what about that you took wrong, but i feel bad you took it that way. But im not going to apologize for asking you a question on a forum.

« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2008, 03:05:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

And yet if McHale doesn't break his foot, the Celtics would have won it that year. I am convinced of that. McHale's injury had by far a bigger effect on the Celtics not winning that year than did Walton's absence.

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2008, 03:49:30 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
We have our 2nd back to back Wednesday. I think we should take a close look at Ray performance. If he continues to play bad in back to backs, out theory may soon be true. :-\

so that counts for Pierce, house, Ta, perk, POB and baby right?

or does this onyl count with peopel who had bad games that you want traded?

If you are 33, showed signs of regressing in last year's playoffs, and are showing those same signs 3 games into the season then yes that counts. And if we continue to see our theory play out,then yes I want Ray Allen traded while he still has value.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2008, 03:50:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
We have our 2nd back to back Wednesday. I think we should take a close look at Ray performance. If he continues to play bad in back to backs, out theory may soon be true. :-\

so that counts for Pierce, house, Ta, perk, POB and baby right?

or does this onyl count with peopel who had bad games that you want traded?

If you are 33, showed signs of regressing in last year's playoffs, and are showing those same signs 3 games into the season then yes that counts. And if we continue to see our theory play out,then yes I want Ray Allen traded while he still has value.

how much regressing did he do in the ECF and the finals when he set a shooting recored?

Pierce looked sub par in 5 games of the clevland series, was that a sign of aging?

He's also shot poorley in 2/3 games now, is that him contining to show that decline?

lets wait more than 3 games before we trade ray for .50C on the dollar and blow up the SG spot for the year.

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2008, 04:20:47 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I'd be more worried about the 'trend' if it wasn't the polar opposite of what we were seeing in the preseason.  Paul, Ray and Eddie were shooting the lights out in the preseason - all three of them were almost automatic from beyond the arc.  In the face of that, its easier to see their struggles as more of a cold streak than any sort of imminent decline. 

The only thing that really bothers me is the poor free throw shooting.  Rondo's always been below average at the line, but Paul hasn't shot well either - and this, unlike the case above, has been going on since Game 1 of the preseason.  The main problem here is that these are the two guys on our team that will spend the most time at the line this year.  Refusing to take free points is a good way to lose games.

« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2008, 04:22:14 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I'd be more worried about the 'trend' if it wasn't the polar opposite of what we were seeing in the preseason.  Paul, Ray and Eddie were shooting the lights out in the preseason - all three of them were almost automatic from beyond the arc.  In the face of that, its easier to see their struggles as more of a cold streak than any sort of imminent decline. 

The only thing that really bothers me is the poor free throw shooting.  Rondo's always been below average at the line, but Paul hasn't shot well either - and this, unlike the case above, has been going on since Game 1 of the preseason.  The main problem here is that these are the two guys on our team that will spend the most time at the line this year.  Refusing to take free points is a good way to lose games.

TP, thats far more disturbing to me. Rondo and paul must shoot better at the line, or we are going to struggle.