Author Topic: Celtics (15-12) at Grizzlies (18-11) Game #28 12/20/16  (Read 58579 times)

Re: Celtics (15-12) at Grizzlies (18-11) Game #28 12/20/16
« Reply #705 on: December 20, 2016, 11:30:48 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Pros:
-Celtics took initiative to go rebound even against a good rebounding team

-Celtics played consistently well defensively and were able to get stops when we needed to

Cons:
-We relied way to heavily on IT. If IT has a cold shooting night we lose by 20+

-Came out lackadaisical and didn't really get energy until the 2nd half.

-Again relied too heavily on the 3 to bring us back

Overall:

If we can put out that same rebounding effort as we did today than I think we become a dangerous team. By no means am I saying that we rebounded the ball all the great, but we put out an effort to grab the boards and get loose balls which is what this team hasn't had.

Meh, if Horford does better than 1-8, we... probably win by three.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #706 on: December 20, 2016, 11:32:08 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
C's were getting Punked and Pushed around---til they finally got sick of it--and the Refs FINALLY began calling fouls on Memphis. Nice job by Bradley on Conley in the last part of the game.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #707 on: December 20, 2016, 11:36:33 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
Can't wait for December to be over.  The Celtics literally do not play consecutive games at home the entire month.  They've only had consecutive home games twice on the season.

In January, they have two weeklong stretches in which they don't need to board a plane.  Should be able to get an actual practice in -- I doubt they've had anything more than some light walkthroughs since that fateful practice where Zeller knocked out Al in early November.  Any experimenting Brad wants to do with lineups has to come in game situations.

Yeah, I thought our schedule had been brutal. I remember them saying last game that we've had the most away games so far and are tied for the least amount of home games so far, or something like that.

Not finishing on home games doesn't help. But I hope this is a start of a long winning streak.

« Reply #708 on: December 21, 2016, 12:08:17 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
C's were getting Punked and Pushed around---til they finally got sick of it--and the Refs FINALLY began calling fouls on Memphis. Nice job by Bradley on Conley in the last part of the game.
This was a great substitution by Brad as IT got burned by Conley a few times. Even when IT came back in, he kept AB on Conley.

« Reply #709 on: December 21, 2016, 12:15:14 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Can't wait for December to be over.  The Celtics literally do not play consecutive games at home the entire month.  They've only had consecutive home games twice on the season.

In January, they have two weeklong stretches in which they don't need to board a plane.  Should be able to get an actual practice in -- I doubt they've had anything more than some light walkthroughs since that fateful practice where Zeller knocked out Al in early November.  Any experimenting Brad wants to do with lineups has to come in game situations.

Yeah, I thought our schedule had been brutal. I remember them saying last game that we've had the most away games so far and are tied for the least amount of home games so far, or something like that.

Not finishing on home games doesn't help. But I hope this is a start of a long winning streak.

Yeah, that's another thing I hate. It always seems like we start a back-to-back at home and end on the road. I can't remember the last time that we've had back-to-back games at home.

« Reply #710 on: December 21, 2016, 12:16:43 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

It's definitely been brutal.  It's not just the amount of road games, but also the amount of travel between them.  We've only had one game since we went to Philly in which the team didn't have to fly more than 800 miles from the prior game -- and even that trip was still 400 miles.  Spending hours in a plane every other day takes its toll both physically and mentally.

Beginning in January, the schedule is so much nicer.  There's one nasty trip in beginning of March in which we could lose four of five, but if we can hold onto the third seed through the end of this month, the rest of the season should look really good.  I see a lot of 7-3 stretches ahead.

« Reply #711 on: December 21, 2016, 02:09:17 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Just wanted to make sure people hear the highlights call from the crazy nba.com dude.

LOL at the Horford end-of-regulation play comments..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T-3S8qvRSQ
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.