Author Topic: Spurs (29-4) at Celtics (26-7) 1/5  (Read 72437 times)

Re: Spurs (29-4) at Celtics (26-7) 1/5
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 03:34:08 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Also the Heat won again tonight and so they are tied with the Celtics for the top spot in the East. A loss tomorrow will drop the Celtics into 2nd place in the East.  And that would put Spoelstra in the lead for coaching the All Star game. 
Tied based on games behind is not meaningful midseason when the 2 teams are winning 3/4 of the games.

Boston has a .788 winning and Miami has a .757.

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 03:35:19 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP. Go Celtics!

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 04:20:24 AM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I think Duncan may be the key for the Spurs, I would have been a duel between Garnett and Duncan, two best power-forwards of all time and of the decade.
 Duncan and Garnett loves me, this game could be an early NBA final.
 We will miss KG, Garnett is vital.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 08:10:35 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Tim Duncan is a used car salesman!  FLAT.  OUT.  LIAR.

When I first read the starting lineups I thought it was a mistake.  Then I double checked on ESPN's game logs, and discovered he is , indeed, listed at PF while the 6'8" Blair is listed at C.

I realize when Timmy first came in the league he was a true PF, while Robinson was the C.  After Robinson retired the Spurs then had other random guys start at C as well, although Timmy definetly finished games at C, unless were saying Horry was the C (yeah right).

Tim Duncan is no PF, end of story.  I don't care what he wants to call himself.  When you're 7' (listed 6"11', again liar), your style of play is that of a C, and you play next to guys who are 4 inches shorter than you, you are a C.

My only guess would be Timmy wanted to be known as a PF because he wouldn't have made nearly as many All-Star teams as a starter if he was a C, Shaq would have still started and rightfully so.  If Timmy had been considered a C for the majority of his career, he isn't even top 5 all time as far as C's go.  As a PF he is, and it's a load of bull dung.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 08:32:23 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Too bad we aren't healthy, would love to see both these teams in the nba finals (with us winning of course)
tim duncan is one of the greatest BIGMEN of all time, who cares who posistion he's listed at?

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 09:42:23 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Kevin Garnett is no PF, end of story.  I don't care what he wants to call himself.  When you're 7' (listed 6"11', again liar), your style of play is that of a C, and you play next to guys who are 4 inches shorter than you, you are a C.

My only guess would be Kevin wanted to be known as a PF because he wouldn't have made nearly as many All-Star teams as a starter if he was a C, Shaq would have still started and rightfully so.  If Kevin had been considered a C for the majority of his career, he isn't even top 5 all time as far as C's go.  As a PF he is, and it's a load of bull dung.

Here, fixed that for you.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Also the Heat won again tonight and so they are tied with the Celtics for the top spot in the East. A loss tomorrow will drop the Celtics into 2nd place in the East.  And that would put Spoelstra in the lead for coaching the All Star game. 
Tied based on games behind is not meaningful midseason when the 2 teams are winning 3/4 of the games.

Boston has a .788 winning and Miami has a .757.
I agree, the loss column is what you look at when both teams are winning such a high percentage.

Though I fully expect Miami to pass the C's during KG's absence.

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 10:34:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Kevin Garnett is no PF, end of story.  I don't care what he wants to call himself.  When you're 7' (listed 6"11', again liar), your style of play is that of a C, and you play next to guys who are 4 inches shorter than you, you are a C.

My only guess would be Kevin wanted to be known as a PF because he wouldn't have made nearly as many All-Star teams as a starter if he was a C, Shaq would have still started and rightfully so.  If Kevin had been considered a C for the majority of his career, he isn't even top 5 all time as far as C's go.  As a PF he is, and it's a load of bull dung.

Here, fixed that for you.

Cute! I see what you did there, and and will say I got a good laugh. Thanks.

The problem is, you're dead wrong.  Nothing about KG's style of play says C, although I will give you that KG lies about his listed height as well.  Duncan's style of play is EXACTLY that of a C.

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 11:09:02 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I expect the Spurs to bounce back in a big way tonight. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 11:42:49 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Yes. Like i said in a "Greatest PF of all-time" thread, Tim Duncan is a center. Was a center in Wake Forrest, should have been a center in Boston and if drafted anywhere outside San Antonio, Houston, NY, LA or Miami would be a center from day 1. After Admiral retired played majority of minutes at C. But i guess its all-about legacy. He's now regarded as GOAT PF, but would be No6 center at best (Russ,Wilt,Kareem,Hakeem,Shaq). I blame China and all-star voting system (Ming Yao)...Its much easier to be ASG starter as a PF...
And KG? He's similar height but its true PF. When he entered the league he was primary SF, even in hes all-star seasons heplayed alot SF with Christian Laettner and later Tom Gugliotta played PF...
Go Celtics...
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164

So do I.  NY stirred up the hornets nest :(
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

So do I.  NY stirred up the hornets nest :(

yes, that or.... their dream is over and theyre back to mortals.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
This will be a good game. Hopefully the C's get the W.

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 01:26:19 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Yes , they should at least take their Agames to the game
If they cant make it I hope its only because they were shorthanded and not because lack of effort, hustle and desire.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 01:41:17 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I want this win badly.