Author Topic: Spurs (29-4) at Celtics (26-7) 1/5  (Read 72485 times)

Re: Spurs (29-4) at Celtics (26-7) 1/5
« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2011, 10:13:27 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
Nice measuring stick win!!!

Love those Celtics!!!!  8)
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I can't believe how this game went.  I had the sinking feeling that the 3 and the end of the 3rd would make a difference as well as still feeling uncomfortable even when they were up big with less than 2 minutes.

great game until the last minute when the refs helped them self-destruct.

« Reply #362 on: January 05, 2011, 10:16:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Every press conference, Doc mentions JO as one of the keys to the game.  I think that's great coaching, building his confidence even in games where his stats are mediocre.

(Also, JO *has* been great lately.  His defense is a difference maker.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #363 on: January 05, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Every press conference, Doc mentions JO as one of the keys to the game.  I think that's great coaching, building his confidence even in games where his stats are mediocre.

Yes I agree on both fronts.  I thought he played very hard tonight on defense and though he was a step slow at times, you can tell he is close.  Once he gets the defensive scheme down and gets in great shape he will be offering some really great help side defense.  Coming off our bench he will be a huge asset.

Also props to Quis for great defense tonight too.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #364 on: January 05, 2011, 10:39:16 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Did not see game due to class, but I am astounded that we beat SA with them being at full strength and us with 2/3 of our frontline out.

To SA's credit though - this was game 2 of a back to back.

In back of my mind, I was hesitant about our chances without KG, but so far our January has been impressive.

« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
How does Ray shoot 13-16 from the floor and then miss 2 free throws that would clinch the game?! That is amazing! He's done that before though, although I don't think he was shooting that well.

« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2011, 10:48:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Did not see game due to class, but I am astounded that we beat SA with them being at full strength and us with 2/3 of our frontline out.

In back of my mind, I was hesitant about our chances without KG, but so far our January has been impressive.

The good news:  We won a back-and-forth game against a great opponent despite some questionable calls from the officiating, and we were missing KG

The bad news:  We shot 61% from the field, and held the Spurs to 45%.  Turnovers were even.  Despite that, we only won by 2 points.  

It was a great win, but we need to improve our rebounding if we're going to beat good teams consistently.  KG's and Perk's returns will be a big part of that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2011, 10:57:23 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

The good news:  We won a back-and-forth game against a great opponent despite some questionable calls from the officiating, and we were missing KG

The bad news:  We shot 61% from the field, and held the Spurs to 45%.  Turnovers were even.  Despite that, we only won by 2 points. 

It was a great win, but we need to improve our rebounding if we're going to beat good teams consistently.  KG's and Perk's returns will be a big part of that.

Again JO plays almost perfect rebounding and D tonight
and will help the other two a LOT

I am thinking a defensive lineup with JO and KG or Perk
and an offensive lineup with shaq and KG or BBD

sick
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2011, 11:01:36 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Every press conference, Doc mentions JO as one of the keys to the game.  I think that's great coaching, building his confidence even in games where his stats are mediocre.

I agree. JO's protection of the rim has completely changed the complexion of the second unit. Where Semih and Baby was just a terrible defensive and rebounding combo, JO is helping a lot at the rim. On the other hand, Shaq is just nonexistent lately. I hope he picks it up soon..

« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2011, 11:05:53 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Right on, Mr. H.  Ditto for positive comments he often makes about players not even playing (thinking of Nate last year when he was getting DNP-CD's):  "he's going to help us win games this year."  And two months later, we had Nate winning a playoff game for us.

This is a big part of what makes Doc one of the best.  TP for noticing.

« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2011, 11:09:53 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Can't believe 'Quis got by Ginobili without fouling him on that last play ... I thought for sure Manu was going to the line, but Daniels turned his body sideways and slipped through!

Great game by all, and an awesome win against the Spurs and the refs ... Rondo was huge, Pierce and Ray on fire, and Big Baby with another super contribution. Also loved what I saw from Jermaine tonite, too ... very encouraging stuff!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2011, 11:17:13 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
The NBA... where points shaving happens...

Anyone care to guess tonight's spread?  BOS -2.5

« Reply #372 on: January 06, 2011, 04:52:55 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Great, great win! The biggest one of the year I would say.

Ray was unstoppable (and on a game the guy can't miss he somehow misses the clutch two freebies he always makes... logic, everyone? ???), Paul was huge in the 2nd half (and great on D), JO was good defensively, Shaq a non factor, and finally Nate and Baby came out of their slumps (although Nate almost cost us the game at the end with his careless passes).

And what can you say about Rondo, he is a genius, I mean, he had 20 assists in 3 quarters only (!!) and then got his triple double at the tail end of the game. 22 assists, 12 points, 10 rebounds and 6 steals, just wow. The great thing is that he didn't force anything, always made the good plays, and took his own shots when he needed to, drilling them in money time. If he can do that every game... we will be unguardable in the playoffs to close out games.

The refs non call on Ginobli grabbing Pierce with his two arms (!!) in the last seconds was horrendous and could have cost us the game.

And we won without KG, really nice!

« Reply #373 on: January 06, 2011, 05:14:24 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
This was one of those games that I swore I wasn't going to look at the score until I got home after work and watched the game but couldn't resist coming in here to peek!

.. and I would just like to say .. Yahoo!!

Ray was unstoppable (and on a game the guy can't miss he somehow misses the clutch two freebies he always makes... logic, everyone? ???),

Well this is clearly a symptom of moving fluid in the inner ear creating an imbalance when stationary for free throws.  Shooting in motion was obviously synchronised with kinetic forces and appropriately managed by Ray when shooting from the floor.  Ray needs to engage in a strict regime of ear-conditioning in order that the fluids return to appropriate stasis more promptly at the stripe.  Either that or the man was tired ... One or the other.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:23:15 AM by jarufu »
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #374 on: January 06, 2011, 08:07:20 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Im not sure there is anything I have enjoyed more than watching Ray Allen play basketball over the last couple years.  Last night was a thing of beauty.  Everything he did was so effortless, I loved every minute of it.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16