Author Topic: Celtics (24-7) at Raptors (11-21) 1/2  (Read 39980 times)

Re: Celtics (24-7) at Raptors (11-21) 1/2
« Reply #285 on: January 02, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Any updates on PP?
Yeah if that ankle swells up looks like we now won't have Pierce next game and possibly against the Spurs smh
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #286 on: January 02, 2011, 08:45:02 PM »

Offline Shots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
Yeah they won and yeah they have the best record in the East but right now Miami, Orlando and Chicago are better teams than Boston. Now let the homerism outrage begin!

Yes, of course. Right now.

But two things are of significant importance. First, the Celtics have for the entire year been without one of their starters (Perkins). Rajon Rondo have missed a decent amount of games, and have played injured in others. Finally Kevin Garnett is currently out. Furthermore an important backup is missing in Delonte West.

Right now I don't think anyone would argue that the Celtics would beat the Heat, Magic or any of the Western teams - at least not 'guaranteed'.

But right now doesn't matter. Come April, May and June the Celtics have so far shown to be those teams you mentioned far superior - and that is what matters.

« Reply #287 on: January 02, 2011, 08:46:24 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
It's a hame to see Pierce leave the game in pain after having such a great first half, finishing with 30 points. Rondo looked good out there in his first game since returning from injury, and Shaquille O'Neal & Jermaine O'Neal looked solid again tonight in Kendrick Perkins & Kevin Garnett's absence. I can't wait tosee this team in action once everyone is healthy again.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #288 on: January 02, 2011, 09:16:07 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Miami is for sure the better defensive and offensive team in this equation with Boston. Pin those 2 teams up with a healthy Garnett and Rondo and don't be positive the Celtics walk away with the win. I dislike the Celtics but I respect their game, but the homerism aside and tell me you honestly think if those 2 teams played right now, it would come down to the better defensive team and that's clearly Miami RIGHT NOW.

The good thing about a long season, these early season injuries have time to heel.  And we already saw what this Boston team can do to the Miami team when Boston is almost all healthy and present.

They don't give out rings for being great during the middle of the season.  Just ask Lebron. 

« Reply #289 on: January 02, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
Miami is for sure the better defensive and offensive team in this equation with Boston. Pin those 2 teams up with a healthy Garnett and Rondo and don't be positive the Celtics walk away with the win. I dislike the Celtics but I respect their game, but the homerism aside and tell me you honestly think if those 2 teams played right now, it would come down to the better defensive team and that's clearly Miami RIGHT NOW.

How many points did that heat defense give up the last 2 games?

119 and 107?

Please

« Reply #290 on: January 02, 2011, 10:13:44 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Celtics historically have not been a team that dunks a lot.

back in the 60's i guess russell had his share, but mostly you'd just see layups off the break.

the 70's was even less of a dunking group - i was in high school and used to get teased about how my celtics couldn't get up like the sixers or jabbar, hawkins, etc. i gave it right back of course - the celts didn't care about dunks, just get the 2 points and win - even our center, dave cowens, was more of a layup guy.

the 80's was more of the same though you did have parish and mchale dunking around the basket, but they were so big it was easy for them.

so this current group could take a lesson from past celtics - just get the 2 points and the win - i personally couldn't care less about a big dunk - i just wanna see #18.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #291 on: January 02, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nice to see the Green bounce back, and Glen with the near triple double. Glad to see that he played better!

Great to see Rondo back, too! Paul seems to have extra floors to his elevator, as well :).

« Reply #292 on: January 03, 2011, 12:00:57 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Everbody happy now?

Not really. Pierce now hurt and rondo still can't make free throws. Rebounding also horrendous. Happy with the win though and happy Davis stopped playing hero ball. Looks like pierce went to locker room
Eh without KG we are not going to be a good rebounding team. Glad to see we won, I'm just starting up the game on league pass.

« Reply #293 on: January 03, 2011, 07:04:02 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Paul seems to have extra floors to his elevator, as well :).

^nicely done

great to get the W.  hope we dont lose pp for long.
Celtics fan for life.