Author Topic: Celtics (43-17) at 76ers (39-19) Game #61 2/25/23  (Read 13949 times)

Re: Celtics (43-17) at 76ers (39-19) Game #61 2/25/23
« Reply #510 on: February 26, 2023, 01:21:45 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I am starting to think White has more of a case of starting than Smart, or at least playing more minutes. Smart is probably our best defender BUT he is limited on offense, whereas White can play solid defense AND be a huge impact on offense. Not just with scoring, but the overall decision-making where at times Smart has been dreadful since coming back

I will keep saying it until it happens — the starting lineup should be Smart-White-Brown-Tatum and whomever is feeling spryer of Rob and Al.

I’d also love to see a Smart-White-Brogdon-Brown-Tatum closing lineup at some point.  I think that could resemble the Warriors lineup of death from a few years ago.  We’ve only had 3 minutes of it this season, but it’s had a +25 net rating, so it deserves another appearance.

I agree 100%. Especially with our roster construction it's a shame to have both White and Brogdon coming from the bench. Especially White has been playing like a borderline All Star, is a two-way player, who makes others better and can play more minutes.

« Reply #511 on: February 26, 2023, 02:08:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
Sixer fans saying they are not worried about Boston after tonight. Boston played about a B- or C game and still won.

Philly fans in all sports are just idiots.

That city is home to the worst fans in sports, period

Jaylen said postgame that when they were entering the arena, PHI fans were saying they hoped he "tore his ACL"  during the game. It's all over social media and the news too.

Also, I'm reading some of Liberty Ballers and Sixers Reddit, and LOL I can't. These people actually think the refs helped the C's in the 4th and that they didn't get enough calls. I just can't  :laugh: :laugh:

A 35-12 FT difference, and Embiid basically being gifted FTs down the stretch (as usual)  ::)

Eh, I don’t know about Reddit, but I didn’t see much ref blaming on LB, as there’s just no reasonable justification for that.

What I did see is a bunch of them feeling encouraged after the loss, which I found astounding. Neither of the Jays made their average points, with JT having one of his worst nights ever. We played mediocre to poor overall, and for the most part Philly played really well and had a major advantage in officiating, while being at home.

Not exactly sure how you can come away confident from that. Yes, Embiid looks dominant enough to get his, but I think Joe’s gameplan was smart in that respect to let him get his and try to limit everyone else. They just don’t have enough around him to make it work against us.

All that said, I think I still definitely prefer a Cavs, Nets, or NYK second round opponent than the Sixers. I think the top three teams are locked in now, with only who is going to be 1 up for stake. It will be imperative to keep that seeding moving forward to make it as easy as possible for ourselves.

Actually, I've noticed on LB, it seems they removed some comments? There's less comments than when I checked before but also, I was going to post an example I saw on LB but I don't see it anymore and I don't see that poster's comments on the thread either. Idk if something happened.

Yeah I agree. It's also painfully obvious that Sixers team without Embiid is toast, even with Harden out there. I also notice Harden doesn't seem to be in the best shape. Like even on some of those breakaways (like the Jaylen dunk to make it 91-83), I don't even think Jaylen sprinted that hard but Harden was slow to it and had a bad angle, so it was an easy open dunk for JB. Harden also doesn't look as shifty in his drives to the basket anymore which is a lethal skill he had in the prime Houston days.

The best path IMO is getting the 1 seed and playing ATL first round (in all likelihood), then CLE/BKN, then MIL with HCA. Whereas with 2 seed, it'd likely be NYK or MIA, then PHI, then MIL without HCA. Pretty big difference if you ask me
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #512 on: February 26, 2023, 02:08:50 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
Sixer fans saying they are not worried about Boston after tonight. Boston played about a B- or C game and still won.

Jaylen said postgame that when they were entering the arena, PHI fans were saying they hoped he "tore his ACL"  during the game. It's all over social media and the news too.

Also, I'm reading some of Liberty Ballers and Sixers Reddit, and LOL I can't. These people actually think the refs helped the C's in the 4th and that they didn't get enough calls. I just can't  :laugh: :laugh:

A 35-12 FT difference, and Embiid basically being gifted FTs down the stretch (as usual)  ::)

Eh, I don’t know about Reddit, but I didn’t see much ref blaming on LB, as there’s just no reasonable justification for that.

What I did see is a bunch of them feeling encouraged after the loss, which I found astounding. Neither of the Jays made their average points, with JT having one of his worst nights ever. We played mediocre to poor overall, and for the most part Philly played really well and had a major advantage in officiating, while being at home.

Not exactly sure how you can come away confident from that. Yes, Embiid looks dominant enough to get his, but I think Joe’s gameplan was smart in that respect to let him get his and try to limit everyone else. They just don’t have enough around him to make it work against us.

All that said, I think I still definitely prefer a Cavs, Nets, or NYK second round opponent than the Sixers. I think the top three teams are locked in now, with only who is going to be 1 up for stake. It will be imperative to keep that seeding moving forward to make it as easy as possible for ourselves.

from what i read, i think their optimism is based on a misguided sense that the J’s didn’t have off games, but instead, the sixers have figured out how to defend the J’s and force the “supporting cast” to beat them, which won’t occur consistently enough over a seven game series.

lunacy but they are sixers fans.  :laugh:

« Reply #513 on: February 26, 2023, 02:26:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Celtics own Philly. What a great play Mazz drew up at the end. Give credit where credit is due.

Exactly. And that is exactly why you take the timeout in that situation, which he has tended to not do this season. Even you have to admit that.  ;)
death, taxes, and ......... jpotter disliking joe's use of timeouts.   ;D

Hey, hey, hey - get it right. This is me saying I DID like his use of the timeout there 😂
ha ha ha...indeed you did. so a tp for you.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #514 on: February 26, 2023, 02:58:47 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Loved that Al Horford 3 with a minute to go. Silencing his former team at their turf. They must hate him that badly now  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #515 on: February 26, 2023, 03:57:46 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Nice win on the road considering that they struggled for so much of this game. I only have two comments. One is that contrary to what has been speculated here - rumors of Rob's decline have been greatly exaggerated. The guy we saw last night is the one who'll be needed vs these guys and Milwaukee.

The 2nd is that one nice thing about Joe being your coach - you never have to worry about not having enough time outs left to use at the end of the game.  Doc probably would have liked an extra one.

« Reply #516 on: February 26, 2023, 04:04:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Derrick White was huge off the bench. He’s been so good Lately.
Derrick White in 2022: 10/3/3, shooting 45/38/86.

Derrick White in 2023: 15/5/4 on 47/41/86 shooting.

Then we have Brogdon, calmly averaging 15/4/4 on league-best 3PT shooting. These two are such a good combo! Another huge aspect is their durability, with White having played our most games and Brogdon our 5th most.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #517 on: February 26, 2023, 10:02:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Tatum stole Philly’s soul .

« Reply #518 on: February 27, 2023, 08:37:52 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Well these are the people that booed Santa Claus and threw snowballs at him. Here's how they treated Vikings fans who went to cheer for their team against the Eagles in 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl22Hh7z7og

I hope those lemons still taste especially bitter 2 days after the loss  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #519 on: February 27, 2023, 11:29:17 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
While I'd still prefer to play a team like CLE/BKN/NYK 2nd round, I'm not really scared of PHI either. I think we can take them rather easily in 5 games actually. I think PHI played one of their best games against us and they still lost at home with JT being meh
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #520 on: February 27, 2023, 11:52:49 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
While I'd still prefer to play a team like CLE/BKN/NYK 2nd round, I'm not really scared of PHI either. I think we can take them rather easily in 5 games actually. I think PHI played one of their best games against us and they still lost at home with JT being meh

I'm not too scared of Philly either, I just find the games so boring to watch.  Embiid is constantly at the free throw line.

« Reply #521 on: February 27, 2023, 11:53:25 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
More worried about CLE than PHI.

Not worried at all about BKN or NYK. They are one and done level teams. We'd be lucky to get them in the 2nd round. Easy series. Sweeps.

« Reply #522 on: February 27, 2023, 01:21:01 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

I'm not too scared of Philly either, I just find the games so boring to watch.  Embiid is constantly at the free throw line.

As I've thought about it, I'm not scared of Philly in that I think the Celtics would beat them in a series.  What would concern me though is that any series with them would be a physical one and that could affect the Celtics later (even if it's only a five game series).