Poll

Would you accept the deal?

Yes
62 (91.2%)
No
6 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Kelly for Pistons #8 pick  (Read 10304 times)

Kelly for Pistons #8 pick
« on: May 28, 2015, 10:25:31 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Plenty of rumours online that Danny is accepting offers for Kelly + #16.
Some go as far as Sac (#6) but this would require plenty of extras.

Detroit appears willing to make a deal (maybe adding Young or a future pick).
Key reason being that they see Olynyk as a good fit with Drummond that would accelerate their rebuild.

PS: For the poll purposes, vote as if the offer were Kelly + our pick for their pick.
Keeping it simple will help examine the plus and minus of a possible deal more clearly.

Re: Kelly for Pistons #8 pick
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 10:26:54 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Is this speculation or do you have a link?

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 10:32:39 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Yeah, need to see some hard sources here. If DET is willing, I have to think Ainge jumps at this.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 10:33:18 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
//While the Pistons have a talented core, one piece isn't going to push them over the hump. Maybe the Celtics can come in and offer a package involving Kelly Olynyk and the #16 pick to move up to #8. The Celtics could probably afford to overpay a little bit and include the #28 or #33 pick, or even a future pick instead, though that might not be necessary.//
http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/5/28/8634713/the-boston-celtics-have-more-than-enough-assets-to-move-into-the-blatter-fiba-2015-nba-draft-lottery

Also here around 1:30
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2447222-should-the-boston-celtics-consider-trading-jared-sullinger-or-kelly-olynyk
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:39:35 PM by greece666 »

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 10:35:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Yes, of course. No hesitation.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 10:35:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I like the idea of this and I think KO complements Drummond well, but I also think its going to be difficult to convinve Detroit to move their pick when Stanley Johnson and potentially Hezonja are on the board as those guys would be BPA, fill a need, and be great value at 8.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 10:36:19 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
//While the Pistons have a talented core, one piece isn't going to push them over the hump. Maybe the Celtics can come in and offer a package involving Kelly Olynyk and the #16 pick to move up to #8. The Celtics could probably afford to overpay a little bit and include the #28 or #33 pick, or even a future pick instead, though that might not be necessary.//
http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/5/28/8634713/the-boston-celtics-have-more-than-enough-assets-to-move-into-the-blatter-fiba-2015-nba-draft-lottery

I love Kevin's work, but this is him spitballing. Just a "what if" scenario.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 10:40:11 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I dont think this idea has been reported as actual trade talks. However, I believe there was an indication that Detroit was looking to move their pick to expedite the rebuild, KO fits nicely next to Drummond, and the C's are probably looking to move up here.

You add the pieces together and you get a trade that seems fairly plausible.

The question is would you accept it as the C's GM? What about Detroit?

For me Detroit needs more.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 10:40:43 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
be glad to do it, just don't waste the pick on WCS

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 10:41:17 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

Yep, you are right that it is a what if scenario.
What I think is the more credible part of the rumour, is that if it boils down to Kelly or Sully, it will most probably be Kelly who gets traded.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 10:42:01 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Heck no.  Way too much in my opinion. 

I actually thought the original question was Kelly on his own for the number eight pick.  That one I would do, but not Kelly and our sixteen.

No way. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 10:42:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
KO has nothing resembling this type of trade value. He might have enough to move up 3 spots maybe. If he did this would have happened a long time ago

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 10:43:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

I dont think this idea has been reported as actual trade talks. However, I believe there was an indication that Detroit was looking to move their pick to expedite the rebuild, KO fits nicely next to Drummond, and the C's are probably looking to move up here.

I think DET definitely needs more.

I've also read an idea of DET signing and trading Monroe to New Orleans for Ryan Anderson and filler. That deal would net the Pistons a much more proven stretch-4 option than Olynyk, and still allow them to keep the #8 to draft their wing of the future.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 10:44:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Heck no.  Way too much in my opinion. 

I actually thought the original question was Kelly on his own for the number eight pick.  That one I would do, but not Kelly and our sixteen.

No way.

I would do the Clippers pick, and a 2nd rounder+ KO for the 8th. But you're going to have overpay if you want lottery talent.

I think DET definitely needs more.

I've also read an idea of DET signing and trading Monroe to New Orleans for Ryan Anderson and filler. That deal would net the Pistons a much more proven stretch-4 option than Olynyk, and still allow them to keep the #8 to draft their wing of the future.

That is how I saw it too. Apparently the Pelicans are interested in putting Monroe as their Center to rebound, pass in the post, and score easy buckets while AD defends down low/perimeter. I think that could work just as well. The only problem is needing consistent shooters, and giving up Anderson who was a key clog in their playoffs/regular season would be a mistake.

Either way DET is going to want our pick, Clippers, and maybe the Mavs if they wanted to give up their pick.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 10:50:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would trade him for the number 8.   Other teams would not touch this deal and most likely hang up the phone laughing.  We would be lucky to trade him for a top 20 pick.