Author Topic: NFL 2020 Season  (Read 68709 times)

Re: NFL 2020 Season
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2020, 12:30:43 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Wow, the Eagles SUCK. Why did I pick them? LOL

Eagles scored two TDs in the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter to win 22-21. Wow NFC Least.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2020, 01:23:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Eagles scored two TDs in the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter to win 22-21. Wow NFC Least.
It was a competition of who could play the worse football, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2020, 02:59:28 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

Giants just needed one more first down to kill the game too  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2020, 08:46:52 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

If Evan Engram catches that perfectly placed pass by Jones they win the game. Instead, he t-rex arms it and the ball falls right off his fingertips. It just wouldn't be a Giants/Eagles game without the Giants blowing a lead and certain victory. Never seen a team more snake bit against an opponent than the Giants are vs the Eagles.

That said, the Giants were the real winners last night. Sure, in the heat of the moment I was really hoping they'd finally beat the Eagles, but I don't actually want to win this crap division. Fools gold is all that is.

« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2020, 10:52:05 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

If Evan Engram catches that perfectly placed pass by Jones they win the game. Instead, he t-rex arms it and the ball falls right off his fingertips. It just wouldn't be a Giants/Eagles game without the Giants blowing a lead and certain victory. Never seen a team more snake bit against an opponent than the Giants are vs the Eagles.

That said, the Giants were the real winners last night. Sure, in the heat of the moment I was really hoping they'd finally beat the Eagles, but I don't actually want to win this crap division. Fools gold is all that is.

What are the chances that a team ends up winning the division with less than 7 wins? 2010 Seattle making the playoffs at 7-9 was bad enough, but could we see a 6-9-1 (or worse) team sneak in this year?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2020, 09:30:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

What are the chances that a team ends up winning the division with less than 7 wins? 2010 Seattle making the playoffs at 7-9 was bad enough, but could we see a 6-9-1 (or worse) team sneak in this year?

Imagine a 6-9-1 team sneaking into the playoffs, start upsetting teams and winning the Superbowl...IDK if that would be a total disaster for the league or not.

« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2020, 09:49:52 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White

« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2020, 09:52:19 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
Looks like Brady won out over Arians.

Tom Brady is about to reunite with another member of his Patriots receiving corps, one with whom he only shared one game and one touchdown.

Antonio Brown, his eight-game suspension to begin the 2020 season close to ending, is signing a one-year contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to ESPN. The Houston Chronicle had the initial report of what was expected to be a Saturday visit between the sides.

“Nobody’s perfect,” Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, who invited Brown to work out with him this summer, told reporters on Thursday. “From the conversations I’ve had with him, he’s really been remorseful and he’s been humbled along the way. Like I said, I pray that he can continue to grow, just like anybody.”

Seattle had been the initial favorite to sign Brown due in large part to that connection, as well as warm words from Pete Carroll about the wideout. Brady, however, beat them out.

He visited with Brown in Miami during Super Bowl week, and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported in March that, days from signing with Tampa Bay, Brady was eager to bring Brown to his new team. The 42-year-old is gelling well with his new pass catchers, completing 64.1 percent of his passes through his first six games with the Bucs, with 1,541 yards and 14 touchdowns against four interceptions.

Eight different Buccaneers have a touchdown reception through six games, with Mike Evans the runaway leader with six. Old friend Rob Gronkowski had his best game of the season in Sunday’s upset of Green Bay, with his first touchdown and 78 yards from five catches.

Brady’s coach, Bruce Arians, had said in March on CBS Sports Radio “it’s not gonna happen” when asked about the possibility of Brown joining the Buccaneers.

“There’s no room, you know? Probably not enough money. It’s just not gonna happen. It’s just not a fit here,” Arians said, in part. “I just know him, and it’s not a fit in our locker room.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/23/sports/report-antonio-brown-joining-tom-brady-buccaneers-one-year-deal/

Tom is determined to make sure he has all the tools to beat out Belichick to the Super Bowl this season  :angel:

« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2020, 10:12:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Tom wields his power...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1319777260409393153

They really are the Miami Heat of football. Player signing with the club to form a superteam.

« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2020, 10:28:25 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Looks like Brady won out over Arians.

Tom Brady is about to reunite with another member of his Patriots receiving corps, one with whom he only shared one game and one touchdown.

Antonio Brown, his eight-game suspension to begin the 2020 season close to ending, is signing a one-year contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to ESPN. The Houston Chronicle had the initial report of what was expected to be a Saturday visit between the sides.

“Nobody’s perfect,” Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, who invited Brown to work out with him this summer, told reporters on Thursday. “From the conversations I’ve had with him, he’s really been remorseful and he’s been humbled along the way. Like I said, I pray that he can continue to grow, just like anybody.”

Seattle had been the initial favorite to sign Brown due in large part to that connection, as well as warm words from Pete Carroll about the wideout. Brady, however, beat them out.

He visited with Brown in Miami during Super Bowl week, and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported in March that, days from signing with Tampa Bay, Brady was eager to bring Brown to his new team. The 42-year-old is gelling well with his new pass catchers, completing 64.1 percent of his passes through his first six games with the Bucs, with 1,541 yards and 14 touchdowns against four interceptions.

Eight different Buccaneers have a touchdown reception through six games, with Mike Evans the runaway leader with six. Old friend Rob Gronkowski had his best game of the season in Sunday’s upset of Green Bay, with his first touchdown and 78 yards from five catches.

Brady’s coach, Bruce Arians, had said in March on CBS Sports Radio “it’s not gonna happen” when asked about the possibility of Brown joining the Buccaneers.

“There’s no room, you know? Probably not enough money. It’s just not gonna happen. It’s just not a fit here,” Arians said, in part. “I just know him, and it’s not a fit in our locker room.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/23/sports/report-antonio-brown-joining-tom-brady-buccaneers-one-year-deal/

Tom is determined to make sure he has all the tools to beat out Belichick to the Super Bowl this season  :angel:

I don't think Tom needs to worry. Pats probably won't even make the playoffs. Even if they do, they ain't going far with their crappy offense.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2020, 10:49:56 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Tom wields his power...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1319777260409393153

They really are the Miami Heat of football. Player signing with the club to form a superteam.

It's too early to say that they're the Miami Heat.

They could end up being the Miami Marlins instead.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2020, 09:01:45 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
Fresh off a 45-20 trouncing of the Las Vegas Raiders, Brady is excited to have another weapon in his toolkit in the form of Antonio Brown. Also, Arians denied Brady had anything to do with AB's signing.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians was adamant in his postgame that Tom Brady had nothing to do with his team’s decision to sign Antonio Brown. But Brady was glad to have a chance to throw to the once prolific receiver again.

“He’s a tremendous football player. I played with him for a brief period of time," Brady said in the Buccaners' postgame media video conference. "I’m looking forward to working with him again. He’s a very hard-working guy.”

Arians said in the offseason that he didn’t believe the former Pittsburgh Steeler, Oakland Raider and New England Patriot would be a fit in his team’s culture.

“It’s not gonna happen,” Arian said on March 26. “There’s no room, you know? Probably not enough money. It’s just not gonna happen. It’s just not a fit here.”

Arians didn’t say what changed to make it a fit, but it wasn’t any encouraging or pushing from his quarterback despite the rampant rumors that Brady was the driving force.

“Tom had nothing to do with this,” Arians said. “This is something Jason (Licht, general manager) and I have been talking about for some time.”

Brady continued to stay in touch with Brown and regularly liked his social media posts even after the receiver publicly attacked the Patriots and Robert Kraft on social media.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2020/10/tom-brady-excited-buccaneers-signed-antonio-brown-hes-a-tremendous-football-player.html

« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2020, 09:03:23 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
According to Ian Rapoport, Brady had 2 players that he wanted Tampa Bay to get when he signed with them - Gronk and AB. He now has both of them.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1320353707284942853

« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2020, 09:45:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Fresh off a 45-20 trouncing of the Las Vegas Raiders, Brady is excited to have another weapon in his toolkit in the form of Antonio Brown. Also, Arians denied Brady had anything to do with AB's signing.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians was adamant in his postgame that Tom Brady had nothing to do with his team’s decision to sign Antonio Brown. But Brady was glad to have a chance to throw to the once prolific receiver again.

“He’s a tremendous football player. I played with him for a brief period of time," Brady said in the Buccaners' postgame media video conference. "I’m looking forward to working with him again. He’s a very hard-working guy.”

Arians said in the offseason that he didn’t believe the former Pittsburgh Steeler, Oakland Raider and New England Patriot would be a fit in his team’s culture.

“It’s not gonna happen,” Arian said on March 26. “There’s no room, you know? Probably not enough money. It’s just not gonna happen. It’s just not a fit here.”

Arians didn’t say what changed to make it a fit, but it wasn’t any encouraging or pushing from his quarterback despite the rampant rumors that Brady was the driving force.

“Tom had nothing to do with this,” Arians said. “This is something Jason (Licht, general manager) and I have been talking about for some time.”

Brady continued to stay in touch with Brown and regularly liked his social media posts even after the receiver publicly attacked the Patriots and Robert Kraft on social media.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2020/10/tom-brady-excited-buccaneers-signed-antonio-brown-hes-a-tremendous-football-player.html

Bruce Arians should just sit down cuz this is Tom Brady's team lol

« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2020, 09:50:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
According to Ian Rapoport, Brady had 2 players that he wanted Tampa Bay to get when he signed with them - Gronk and AB. He now has both of them.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1320353707284942853
Should anyone question Tom''s desires when he just may have earned his 2nd NFC/NFL Offensive Player of the Week award at 43 years old? Dude has 1900 yards, 18 TDs, 4 INTs with 2 rushing TDs and sacked only 8 times in 7 games.

At this point, if you're Tampa, you give Tom what he wants.