Author Topic: Ainge offered PP to Nets for Joe Johnson?  (Read 4780 times)

Re: Ainge offered PP to Nets for Joe Johnson?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 10:25:32 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
If it was for Deron, it would be extremely sad to say no, but it is a deal that you can't turn down.

You then work on a deal centered around Rondo and Howard and you have a pretty awesome cornerstone for the next generation...

The Celtics already have an injured franchise PG, they don't need two. Especially not for one that's overpaid over the next four years.

Brooklyn would never trade him for Pierce anyways.

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 10:29:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
One of the comments:

"why wouldn't the nets do that? Much better contract for Pierce than JJ, and arguably better player."

Pierce is viewed as a better player than JJ? At this stage of his career, really?

I think so... JJ had an atrocious start to the year. Havent kept up on how his season is going since.

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 12:01:55 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
If I were in Ainge's position, the Pierce trade I would offer if I had to offer one (and I don't want to trade Pierce) is Pierce for Gerald Wallace, Teletovic, Brooks, and two firsts.
gerald wallace is a joke, and i never even heard of teletovic i bet hes horrible

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 12:02:43 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Please no...

Joe Johnson is one of the most overrated (and overpaid) players in the NBA, and he's not THAT much younger than Pierce so he's hardly a centerpiece to build around either.

This will be very depressing if true.

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 12:27:54 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Joe Johnson is one of the most overrated (and overpaid) players in the NBA, and he's not THAT much younger than Pierce so he's hardly a centerpiece to build around either.

Not being a centerpiece that you can build around is not a good reason since trading Pierce should mean that you've given up on contending anytime soon.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 12:34:38 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Then surely that means he offered him to Atlanta for Smith and got rebuffed. I wonder why?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14