Author Topic: Jaylen and his Anti-Semitic Friends (split)  (Read 12789 times)

Re: Jaylen and his Anti-Semitic Friends (split)
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2022, 01:02:17 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Brown also said that he comes from a community “torn by system representations and images of violence,” which is why he reacted so strongly to the video.

“When I saw that video, it struck a chord just for different reasons,” Brown said, via CLNS Media. “I saw a large group of people from our community showing support for (Irving) and his return. Me being proud of that support, proud of our community for doing that does not mean I endorse or celebrate some of the things that were being done or being said in my community.”

My instincts when I saw that was I didn’t notice which group it was,” Brown said. “I just noticed the support, and that’s what I commented on and I reemphasized. I don’t think that everything that’s being said or being done is something that I endorse or represent.”

Brown didn’t delete his original “energy” tweet, which was posted at 5:33 p.m. His clarifying tweet sent afterwards came at 9:15 p.m., and Brown said he doesn’t intend to delete his first tweet.

“Removing the tweet would be removing my support for him and his return,” Brown said. “That was what my agenda was when I tweeted it. I think anybody trying to discontort or misconstrue what my support was has a separate agenda at hand. That’s now what I was trying to do at all.”

This guy *is* Kyrie.  The pseudo-intellectual nonsense, the vegan diet and fasting, the support of anti-Semitics, the hiding behind his role in the NBAPA, the hanging with Kanye, the egoism and not feeling appreciated enough.  Next we'll hear that Tatum is "sonning" him before he refuses to speak to his teammates in the playoffs.

100% chance he leaves Boston when his contract expires.  I'll root for him while he still wears the laundry, but that's not going to be for that much longer.  That's the truth: don't discontort it.
I'm not ready to say Brown is Kyrie because I think what Brown said here does make sense. I don't agree with it but it is a coherent thought.

But I agree with you in that the statement does feel very much like some of Kyrie's incoherent mess. I had to rewind the video and listen to Brown again to get an idea of what he was talking about because he's more interested in using big language than actually communicating. Kyrie is the peak (nadir?) of this, stringing together phrases and words he thinks sound smart without having any point at all or communicating anything.

I don't think Brown is there because I at least understand his point but he's definitely working harder to make himself sound smart (to the point of inventing words like "discontort") than to engage in the conversation.

I certainly don't get the sense he's listening and that's dangerous.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2022, 01:08:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Brown also said that he comes from a community “torn by system representations and images of violence,” which is why he reacted so strongly to the video.

“When I saw that video, it struck a chord just for different reasons,” Brown said, via CLNS Media. “I saw a large group of people from our community showing support for (Irving) and his return. Me being proud of that support, proud of our community for doing that does not mean I endorse or celebrate some of the things that were being done or being said in my community.”

My instincts when I saw that was I didn’t notice which group it was,” Brown said. “I just noticed the support, and that’s what I commented on and I reemphasized. I don’t think that everything that’s being said or being done is something that I endorse or represent.”

Brown didn’t delete his original “energy” tweet, which was posted at 5:33 p.m. His clarifying tweet sent afterwards came at 9:15 p.m., and Brown said he doesn’t intend to delete his first tweet.

“Removing the tweet would be removing my support for him and his return,” Brown said. “That was what my agenda was when I tweeted it. I think anybody trying to discontort or misconstrue what my support was has a separate agenda at hand. That’s now what I was trying to do at all.”

This guy *is* Kyrie.  The pseudo-intellectual nonsense, the vegan diet and fasting, the support of anti-Semitics, the hiding behind his role in the NBAPA, the hanging with Kanye, the egoism and not feeling appreciated enough.  Next we'll hear that Tatum is "sonning" him before he refuses to speak to his teammates in the playoffs.

100% chance he leaves Boston when his contract expires.  I'll root for him while he still wears the laundry, but that's not going to be for that much longer.  That's the truth: don't discontort it.
I'm not ready to say Brown is Kyrie because I think what Brown said here does make sense. I don't agree with it but it is a coherent thought.

But I agree with you in that the statement does feel very much like some of Kyrie's incoherent mess. I had to rewind the video and listen to Brown again to get an idea of what he was talking about because he's more interested in using big language than actually communicating. Kyrie is the peak (nadir?) of this, stringing together phrases and words he thinks sound smart without having any point at all or communicating anything.

I don't think Brown is there because I at least understand his point but he's definitely working harder to make himself sound smart (to the point of inventing words like "discontort") than to engage in the conversation.

I certainly don't get the sense he's listening and that's dangerous.

I am just beyond irritated at him.  I've supported him since before draft night.  He's a hard worker and incredible player.  But, it's as if he joined a cult, and that cult's goal is to turn him into a complete blithering idiot (who is hate-speech adjacent, at best).  Has anybody asked Jaylen if the Earth is flat?

Brad can't make the same mistake that Danny did with Kyrie.  The writing is on the wall.  JTJB (after we win a title this season).

EDIT:  We all thought this was a joke at the time, I assume.

While second-year guard Jaylen Brown isn't quite ready to fully commit to Irving's flat Earth theory, he's got an open mind and plenty of questions for his new teammate.

"I'm not yet ready to make my comment or statement on that, but as of what my eyes have told me, the world may appear to be flat," Brown told ESPN. "Kyrie may very well have a point. So we'll see."

They're the same guy. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2022, 01:24:20 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

At this risk of getting all CE in an NCE forum: what on earth does being vegan have to do with anything? Being vegan is a good thing.

Anyway, to get all the mileage out of my 'Oxford [English] Dictionary', the last comments are a great example of casuistry.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2022, 01:30:28 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  Everyone is anti semite now. I grew up in the Catholic Church absolutely promoting anti-semitism. They also were pretty clear about the punishment for homosexuality and other things. They promoted hatred for years. All the while doing disgusting things and protecting people doing disgusting things. If that’s not a hate group I don’t know. I just don’t think this is that different. It’s more insanity from a smaller group.
   Organized religion is always behind this nonsense.

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2022, 01:32:12 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
 Also, why does anybody care about other people’s diet??? Lol

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2022, 01:38:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

At this risk of getting all CE in an NCE forum: what on earth does being vegan have to do with anything? Being vegan is a good thing.

Anyway, to get all the mileage out of my 'Oxford [English] Dictionary', the last comments are a great example of casuistry.

It's just one example of many regarding how Kyrie and JB are essentially the same person.  Beliefs, diets, fasting, business partners, discrimination masked as thoughtfulness, etc., etc.   

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2022, 02:17:15 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I have lost some respect for Jaylen, but I still don’t think he’s close to being on the same level as Kyrie. Irving’s behavior comes off as narcissistic, possibly sociopathic. I don’t feel that way about Jaylen. To me, JB is coming off as a 25 year old who thinks he’s smarter than he actually is. Hopefully he learns from all of this and doesn’t make the same mistakes in the future. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 02:37:24 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2022, 02:25:55 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

It's just one example of many regarding how Kyrie and JB are essentially the same person.  Beliefs, diets, fasting, business partners, discrimination masked as thoughtfulness, etc., etc.   

Same person. Riiiight.

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2022, 02:39:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think more athletes should switch to a vegan diet. It's healthier and better for the body and someone who relies on their body to perform at high levels should probably be eating that way. Rather than making it seem like a negative, I think it shows intelligence and dedication to have such a healthy diet when you're a professional athlete.

Know who else is vegan? Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, JaVale McGee, DeAndre Jordan, Cade Cunningham and others.

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2022, 02:44:23 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

Same person. Riiiight.

Jaylen has a LONG way to go before he becomes Kyrie.

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2022, 02:54:26 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
I think more athletes should switch to a vegan diet. It's healthier and better for the body and someone who relies on their body to perform at high levels should probably be eating that way. Rather than making it seem like a negative, I think it shows intelligence and dedication to have such a healthy diet when you're a professional athlete.

Know who else is vegan? Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, JaVale McGee, DeAndre Jordan, Cade Cunningham and others.

Semantics but as far as I’m aware none of these guys are proper vegans (no animal products) since that would preclude, well, leather shoes. That’s why they all say “plant-based”.

But, yeah, the inference that being vegan is related to “wacky pseudo intellectualism” is unnecessary.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2022, 02:57:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Jaylen supported a friend that posted/promoted an anti-semetic  book/ movie. That doesn't make him anti-semetic.

Personal history, I was out with my best friend one night at a bar years ago and he got into with this black kid who was giving him crap for no apparent reason and the "n" weird came out of his mouth. The black kids friends got all enraged calling my buddy a racist so-and-so and things almost went very badly south.

I stuck up my buddy, told the kids he wasn't racist just his anger got the best of him and I bought them a round to chill things out. My friend is in no way racist, I know that deep in my heart. He's married to a beautifully brown Brazilian lady. But he made a mistake and I had his back because he is my friend, heck, my brother.

Are any of you who are labeling Brown for supporting Kyrie the person, which is what he is doing, saying you wouldn't support a good friend after him making such a dumb gaff? If so, I'm glad I'm not your friend.

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2022, 03:08:19 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
Jaylen supported a friend that posted/promoted an anti-semetic  book/ movie. That doesn't make him anti-semetic.

Personal history, I was out with my best friend one night at a bar years ago and he got into with this black kid who was giving him crap for no apparent reason and the "n" weird came out of his mouth. The black kids friends got all enraged calling my buddy a racist so-and-so and things almost went very badly south.

I stuck up my buddy, told the kids he wasn't racist just his anger got the best of him and I bought them a round to chill things out. My friend is in no way racist, I know that deep in my heart. He's married to a beautifully brown Brazilian lady. But he made a mistake and I had his back because he is my friend, heck, my brother.

Are any of you who are labeling Brown for supporting Kyrie the person, which is what he is doing, saying you wouldn't support a good friend after him making such a dumb gaff? If so, I'm glad I'm not your friend.

That's an excellent point.  Except that Brown has had a tendency to support some of Kyrie's beliefs.  And he didn't give a full-throated rejection of that organization outside of Barclays.  He half-assed it saying basically "I'm happy when people with brown skin support each other, even if they espouse racist views."

So while I like your story, and have supported friends similarly when they've acted impulsivley, I don't think it's an accurate analogy in this case.

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2022, 03:11:36 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen

So here’s the thing, there’s a very simple and straightforward way for Jaylen to do categorically express that he’s not antisemitic. He’s repeatedly hedged and dodged doing it.

It’s the dictionary definition of having cake and eating it too to speak in vagaries and then turn around and say that people who are addressing what you might mean have an ulterior motive.

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2022, 03:17:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

So here’s the thing, there’s a very simple and straightforward way for Jaylen to do categorically express that he’s not antisemitic. He’s repeatedly hedged and dodged doing it.

It’s the dictionary definition of having cake and eating it too to speak in vagaries and then turn around and say that people who are addressing what you might mean have an ulterior motive.
Jaylen has repeatedly said he is not racist, not anti-semetic and doesn't support things that are. Why this gets ignored, is beyond me. Does he really have to come out every time he tweets something saying he isn't racist or anti-semetic before it sinks in to his detractors and people being hyper critical for him showing support of a friend?