Author Topic: Trade Idea: GSW Shake-Up  (Read 1088 times)

Trade Idea: GSW Shake-Up
« on: November 17, 2022, 04:52:20 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Lakers: Thompson

Nets: Westbrook (cut), Poole, Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody, Lakers 2027 - Round 1 pick

Warriors: Durant, Simmons

—————————

Golden State Warriors

Curry
Simmons
Wiggins
Durant
Green
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Trade Idea: GSW Shake-Up
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 05:25:42 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I don't see that deal happening at all (the Lakers aren't going to give up a first for Klay, for starters, and that tax bill for the Warriors would be insane), but I do want to give you credit for a deal that works via the cap rules despite Jordan Poole's poison pill contract with the extension rules.  Those are very difficult to construct.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 07:19:31 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
I prefer veteran teams to get deeper, not thinner.

GSW’s starting lineup is still among the best in the NBA despite Klay not returning to full form. The bench and other mixed lineups has been among the worst in the league. That trade would leave them susceptible to a repeat of 2019.

Wiseman, Kuminga, and Moody aren’t ready to contribute off the bench for a Championship contender, are expensive, and might not be up to speed in time for Curry’s timeline.

I’d trade 2 of the 3 and a 1st for wings like OG Anunoby or Dort or a combination of veteran wings like the Clippers. A trade for one of the above would make the Warriors very formidable for the remainder of Curry’s prime.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 07:24:38 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Do people not realize klay is not coming back or getting better? He has no lateral quickness and it’s not going to get better at his age