Author Topic: Media speculation about the Celtics wanting Poeltl  (Read 3758 times)

Re: Media speculation about the Celtics wanting Poeltl
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2022, 02:56:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If we traded for Poeltl, would we have his Bird rights?

I don’t think playing time would be much of an issue.  The Celtics will need to manage Williams playing time when he’s back playing.  If you limit him to 25 minutes per game and sit him on back to backs, there will be plenty of time for Poeltl.

Pritchard was only playing in garbage time before Brogdon was hurt.  If we were in the playoffs, I don’t think Pritchard would be playing much at all.

Yes

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2022, 04:02:53 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Poeltl is a nice player but is he a fit? Doesn’t space the floor and is a poor FT shooter.

Just a less athletic Robert Williams imo.

I like what I’m seeing out of the Green Kornet so far, let’s wait til we are at full strength to see what exactly what weaknesses need to be addressed. Because it seems like a healthy Rob Williams should go a long way to fixing our defense.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2022, 04:14:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Poeltl is a nice player but is he a fit? Doesn’t space the floor and is a poor FT shooter.

Just a less athletic Robert Williams imo.

I like what I’m seeing out of the Green Kornet so far, let’s wait til we are at full strength to see what exactly what weaknesses need to be addressed. Because it seems like a healthy Rob Williams should go a long way to fixing our defense.
Since the best bargain for Poeltl would be a trade around the trade deadline, a wait and see approach is most likely going to happen regardless of Timelord's health. If the team sees continued growth and consistency in Kornet's game and everyone is healthy, RWill included, there's probably not a need for a Poeltl trade.

Unless, of course, Brad looks at getting Poeltl Bird rights as a way to bring him on long term as a big man piece, replacing either Al or Grant on next year's team. Let's remember, in Udoka's two big defensive system, Timelord played a roaming PF and Al usually took the down under basket center. Could a RWilliams, Poeltl, Horford rotation in a two big system with Tatum playing some PF next to Poeltl work next year? Who knows.

But, if everyone is healthy, I'm good with staying put.