Author Topic: Trade Idea: Timelord Insurance  (Read 1649 times)

Trade Idea: Timelord Insurance
« on: November 08, 2022, 04:37:14 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Boston Celtics: Bamba

Orlando Magic: Gallinari, Kornet, Vonleh, 2023 - Round 2 (Rockets), 2023 - Round 2 (Trail Blazers), 2023 - Round 2 (Magic)

* Trade to be completed after December 15

—————————

Boston Celtics

Depth Chart

PG Smart, Prichard, Davison (TW)

SG Brown, Brogdon, White

SF Tatum, Hauser, Jackson

PF Horford, Williams, Griffin

C  Williams III, Bamba, Kabengele (TW)
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Trade Idea: Timelord Insurance
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 04:54:53 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd pull out Vonleh and give them PP. Also only give up one second rounder. PP is the odd man out at PG right now. Magic need to tank and seem not to want to play Bamba so it may be cheap to get him or Carter this year.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 05:02:23 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'ld rather Wendell Carter, Jr., if we could.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 05:16:02 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
I'ld rather Wendell Carter, Jr., if we could.

Myself included.

Carter Jr has a 4 year contract and is only 23 years old, thus it would take a massive overpay to pry him from Orlando.

Bamba has dropped down their pecking order and the Magic have a surplus of centre’s. He had the physical gifts to play the timelord role on defence and can space the floor on offence.

5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 06:26:20 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
We definitely need another rotational defensive big. We are getting killed in the paint. something that isn't going to happen when timelord is back.

But it would be nice to limit him in the regular season to keep him healthy

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 07:42:23 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I posted this in another thread.

Spurs: Gallo, Pritchard, 1st round pick

Celtics: Poeltl

To be completed after Dec 15

Why for the Spurs: Poeltl is a free agent after the season.  They are rebuilding.

Why for the Celtics:  We need rebounding and rim defense.  We can’t count on Robert Williams.  Although Poeltl will be a free agent, we should go for it as we have a chance to win a championship.  Maybe we can re-sign him after the season.

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 08:26:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
When taking into account salary, draft compensation, etc., wouldn't we be better off signing Favors?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 08:40:16 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
When taking into account salary, draft compensation, etc., wouldn't we be better off signing Favors?

I would not give up a lot for Bamba.  I am just not sure he is actually good.  So if it was giving up assets for Bamba or just signing Favors, I probably take Favors.

But why has no one signed Favors?  I don't see Favors as all that good but he must have offers.  A decent bench big, something you would think a lot of teams would want.  In that Favors has not signed anywhere, it seems like he isn't ready to sign with anyone right now.  The Celtics can offer a min contract, just like most everyone else.  It must be Favors who is waiting.

In the end, I don't see Favors or Bamba making all that much difference.  Poeltl maybe a little bit more impact but you have to give up more for him.

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 08:46:09 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
It’s fine to take a flyer on Favors, see if he works out, but I wouldn’t expect him to give us what we need. He’s someone you can look at and think, maybe he’s an upgrade over Vonleh, but that’s a low bar. It would be a major surprise if he gave us as much as someone still in his prime paid around the non-tax midlevel who might be gettable - like Noel or Poeltl - and those guys would also be, potentially, manor contributors the next couple years as Al declines. (I know Poeltl’s on an expiring, but Al’s deal is also ending and we are sending $9M out, so if he fits in I don’t see a reason we can’t match any offer he gets.)

I’d rather see them try to maximize this year and next - get as strong as they can.

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 09:59:17 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
What about Dwight Howard? He was good on the Lakers the bubble year. Now he's playing in Taiwan

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 10:04:36 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Still think Moses Brown would have made great pal and understudy for Rob.  Strong , young and no prior injuries.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2022, 11:25:00 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I don't know which insurance option is the best, but the Celtics need some sort of insurance that's an upgrade for Kornet/Vonleh/Griffin. I have no faith that Rob, after his eventual return, will maintain good health the rest of the season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis