Author Topic: Report: Joe Tsai Urged To Reconsider Hiring Udoka  (Read 3561 times)

Re: Report: Joe Tsai Urged To Reconsider Hiring Udoka
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2022, 12:29:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I doubt it was the Celtics that told them to reconsider.   It looks like they just want to wash their hands of the situation.   

No, this is NBA officials and possibly those related to advertising.

Yes, I would think that some of the team sponsors would weigh in.  I don't think any owner wants his franchise labeled anti-Semitic, and they surely don't want to double-down with anti-Semitic and misogynistic.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2022, 12:34:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
This is funny:

Nets Daily: Nets are seeking a trademark for “The Brooklyn Way,” according to records at the US Patent and Trademark Office. – via Twitter NetsDaily

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2022, 02:33:54 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 210
This is funny:

Nets Daily: Nets are seeking a trademark for “The Brooklyn Way,” according to records at the US Patent and Trademark Office. – via Twitter NetsDaily
"Dumpster Fire" must have already been trademarked.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2022, 03:24:34 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
In the interim: League sources say that Udoka’s season-long suspension from the Celtics, imposed because of a relationship with a female co-worker that Boston officials deemed a violation of team rules, called for him to forfeit half of his estimated $4 million salary. The Celtics declined comment when asked by The Stein Line to confirm those specific stipulations of the suspension. – via Marc Stein @

I had not seen any reporting on Ime's contract or what the Celtics are paying.  The Celtics declined to confirm this but Stein put it out anyway.  If he signs with the Nets, I wonder if he then waives the $2M owed or some prorated portion of that.  That is decent incentive to let him go to the Nets.  Plus there are the additional years on the contract that the Celtics probably get out of.

Sure seems like this is still likely to happen.

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2022, 12:16:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
They did indeed reconsider.  It's Jacque Vaughn.

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2022, 12:21:45 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Not surprising.   Unfortunate for the Celtics who just needs this to end.

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2022, 12:23:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Actually this is good result for Celtics. He doesn’t go to rival and it reaffirms decision to suspend him.

Wouldn’t be surprised if soon there will be a mutual termination.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2022, 12:41:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Kyrie is a huge nutcase don't get me wrong but I'm starting to also think this Nets FO is very dysfunctional too. Either that, or they really let KD/Kyrie essentially control everything they do. Maybe that's why Harden wanted out too. Tsai and some of their FO members say what people want to hear but it's kinda rare they actually follow-through on stuff. In this case, there was already so much going on that they didn't have a choice it seems
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2022, 12:43:55 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Actually this is good result for Celtics. He doesn’t go to rival and it reaffirms decision to suspend him.

I am still of the opinion that unless more details come out, there will be a set of people that believer the Celtics overreacted and they are using their power to keep him from working elsewhere.

If he leaves for another team, a bulk of the questions now shift to him and the new team.   

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2022, 01:21:28 PM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I am still of the opinion that unless more details come out, there will be a set of people that believer the Celtics overreacted and they are using their power to keep him from working elsewhere.

If he leaves for another team, a bulk of the questions now shift to him and the new team.

Shams just tweeted that the Nets reconsidered "after a series of factors that were the result of the due diligence process"

Im thinking they didn't overreact. People keep forgetting there are other parties that are the victims in this and their lives will be turned upside down more than it is now if or when if comes out. It seems right now they are willing to take the heat to protect who Ime was involved with, cause I think it's more than we know.

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2022, 02:11:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This is funny:

"Dumpster Fire" must have already been trademarked.

Very Funny TP

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2022, 03:20:27 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

Shams just tweeted that the Nets reconsidered "after a series of factors that were the result of the due diligence process"

Im thinking they didn't overreact. People keep forgetting there are other parties that are the victims in this and their lives will be turned upside down more than it is now if or when if comes out. It seems right now they are willing to take the heat to protect who Ime was involved with, cause I think it's more than we know.

Wow, reconsidered.  I wonder if it was Udoka that reconsidered.  Anyway, probably good this is put to bed, for now.  Better to not have any additional distractions.

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2022, 03:21:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Kyrie really is ruining that entire franchise (directly and indirectly) lol with his actions

I love it  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2022, 04:00:47 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

You know seeing that the Nets passed on him I am now leaning the opposite of this mindset. I am now of the believe for the first time in this that he must have done something terrible and the Celtics punishment was warranted.

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2022, 07:42:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I would not hire Ime for trash collection,  until I knew exactly what he did …..the whole story. And see that he seeks some counseling.

He apparently he doesn’t care about hurting other people with his actions.   Be it , his wife , others spouses , family , friends , teammates ,  fellow workers ,  company , employees or the owners …..and fans of the Celtics around the world . 

Who would trust him ?