Author Topic: Nets, Tsai upset about Cryrie's promotion of antisemitic book, film  (Read 22770 times)

Re: Nets, Tsai upset about Cryrie's promotion of antisemitic book, film
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2022, 10:40:49 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Well, at least the NBA doesn’t care.

I wonder, if Gordon Hayward linked to a story advocating hatred toward Muslims, would the league do nothing?

If Gordon even got caught wearing a Fox News tshirt he’d have to hold a press conference and apologize to the team and fans, like the Oklahoma State coach did.  The hypocrisy when it comes to this stuff insane

Agreed.
Mike Gundy @ Okl. State actually apologized for wearing a "Newsmax" t-shirt at workouts one day.
These mindless apologies are part of the problem that allows this insane double standard to continue.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2022, 10:45:53 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Kyrie is, and always has been the following:

1.  a guy that believes he is the smartest person in every room he enters
2.  an odd intellectual
3.  a pretty classic narcissist
4.  an a**hole

The more people have let him pontificate and get away with his narcissistic **** tendencies, the more those qualities have come out.  He has basically just kept falling upward. 

I'm glad the Nets finally did something about it.  Hopefully it sticks some.

He is not an intellectual of any type at all.
He is mentally ill along with your other descriptions.
Imagine we were gonna build our team around this loon.
Lumping Kyrie in with the mentally ill is insulting to the mentally ill. He's not mentally ill, he's just bat sh!t crazy!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I don't think he is at all.  I think it is the combination of the 4 factors that yields the result that is Kyrie. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2022, 10:51:44 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

2.  an odd intellectual
4.  an a**hole

The more people have let him pontificate and get away with his narcissistic **** tendencies, the more those qualities have come out.  He has basically just kept falling upward. 

I think you have to add one more thing there:

5. He's an extremely genuine, transparent individual.

Number 5 is the reason his peers love him, in spite of number 1-4.

Genuine and transparent like…telling Boston fans that he wanted to re-sign with the C’s and then leaving for the Nets? Glad he did, but the dude is a fraud.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2022, 10:52:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

2.  an odd intellectual
4.  an a**hole

Lumping Kyrie in with the mentally ill is insulting to the mentally ill. He's not mentally ill, he's just bat sh!t crazy!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I don't think he is at all.  I think it is the combination of the 4 factors that yields the result that is Kyrie.
Crazy or mentally ill?

Because narcissistic personality disorder is a mental illness and he definitely has it.

« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2022, 10:58:17 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

2.  an odd intellectual
4.  an a**hole

Crazy or mentally ill?

Because narcissistic personality disorder is a mental illness and he definitely has it.

Are all narcissists mentally ill or are some just bad people?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2022, 11:04:39 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

2.  an odd intellectual
4.  an a**hole

Crazy or mentally ill?

I don't think he is crazy, just an odd narcissist intellectual **** that thinks he is smarter than he is.  And while narcissism is a mental illness, I don't really associate people that have it as being mentally ill, though I probably should be more cognizant of that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2022, 11:12:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I gotta say it really seems like Kyrie has become unhinged. He is quite detached from reality.

It's reminding me of Antonio Brown, and we know where he's at now (yikes)

Curious if anyone wants to argue he is acting rationally? Probably in danger of getting banned from the board if you do so tho.....

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2022, 11:27:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

2.  an odd intellectual
4.  an a**hole

Crazy or mentally ill?

Are all narcissists mentally ill or are some just bad people?
Not mutually exclusive. You can be a mentally ill narcissist and a bad person. Or just a mentally ill person. Or just a bad person. Or none of the above.

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2022, 11:29:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

2.  an odd intellectual
4.  an a**hole

Crazy or mentally ill?

I don't think he is crazy, just an odd narcissist intellectual **** that thinks he is smarter than he is.  And while narcissism is a mental illness, I don't really associate people that have it as being mentally ill, though I probably should be more cognizant of that.
Not sure is is intellectual. He's probably the book definition of a faux-intellectual.

« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2022, 11:35:10 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

2.  an odd intellectual
4.  an a**hole

Crazy or mentally ill?

Not sure is is intellectual. He's probably the book definition of a faux-intellectual.

Just hop on Twitter and you’ll see that he’s a martyr for a segment of the population, though.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2022, 11:41:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

2.  an odd intellectual
4.  an a**hole

Crazy or mentally ill?

Just hop on Twitter and you’ll see that he’s a martyr for a segment of the population, though.
Do I have to hop on Twitter, or can I just take your word for it and jab myself in my eyes with a pencil instead? It would be a lot less painful just stabbing my eyes out.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 12:03:16 AM by nickagneta »

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2022, 03:14:29 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Kyrie apologies on his IG about 3 hours ago:

The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2022, 03:31:49 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
It took a team to drop the hammer and ban him 5 games for him to finally step in and "apologize". He really is clueless.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2022, 06:05:17 AM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar
Blank square for me, does anyone have the text?

“Kyrie Irving made a reckless decision to post a link to a film containing deeply antisemitic material,” Silver said in a statement released by the league. “While we appreciate the fact that he agreed to work with the Brooklyn Nets and the Anti-Defamation League to combat antisemitism and other forms of discrimination, I am disappointed that he has not offered an unqualified apology and more specifically denounced the vile and harmful content contained in the film he chose to publicize. I will be meeting with Kyrie in person next week to discuss the situation.”

Thank you. Anyone else see these from twitter embeds?:
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2022, 07:10:27 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Blank square for me, does anyone have the text?

“Kyrie Irving made a reckless decision to post a link to a film containing deeply antisemitic material,” Silver said in a statement released by the league. “While we appreciate the fact that he agreed to work with the Brooklyn Nets and the Anti-Defamation League to combat antisemitism and other forms of discrimination, I am disappointed that he has not offered an unqualified apology and more specifically denounced the vile and harmful content contained in the film he chose to publicize. I will be meeting with Kyrie in person next week to discuss the situation.”

Thank you. Anyone else see these from twitter embeds?:

Twitter embeds haven't been working for me for a while...what I do is just make a screenshot of the tweet or whatever it is, post it up on an image sharing service and use it as a link via the url command.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D