Author Topic: Joshua Primo waived; accused of indecent exposure toward three women  (Read 11339 times)

Re: Joshua Primo waived
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2022, 02:54:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Noah Magaro-George: Not sure anyone mentioned this but Josh Primo officially cleared waivers this morning and has now become an unrestricted free agent.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2022, 03:10:43 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Noah Magaro-George: Not sure anyone mentioned this but Josh Primo officially cleared waivers this morning and has now become an unrestricted free agent.

I doubt that anyone will offer him a regular roster spot.  I would not be opposed to offering him a 2-way contract (cut Kabengele or cut Jackson and put Kabengele on the regular roster).  He can take sensitivity training with Ime.

Kidding aside, and not knowing all the details, he is probably going to get another chance somewhere at some point.  But he likely has some work to do before he gets on the court even in the G-League.  A 2-way deal allows him the space to do the work while also having him in a position where he can be added to the roster at some point.  That seem better for him than to just be kind of cut loose and left to his own.

In the end. it seems unlikely that it will be the Celtics that give him this next chance, right on the heels of the Udoka thing.  But as I said, I would be OK with it in principle.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 05:43:51 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2022, 03:12:11 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Yeah, this is not terribly surprising.  Once the rumors came out, he was done for now.  He’s 19 — I do think he has a path ahead of him for redemption, but it will complicated by the fact that he’s not a US citizen, as any criminal findings will make it much more difficult for him from an immigration perspective.

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2022, 10:30:06 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Maybe he'll end up at the Nets  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2022, 12:10:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Tom Petrini @RealTomPetrini
2 minutes ago

Timeline from [accuser's attorney] Buzbee: Dec 2021: Primo exposes himself to [team psychologist] Dr. Cauthen in one of their first sessions Jan 2022: Cauthen gets a meeting with Spurs GM July: Cauthen told to stay home from Summer League, team has lost trust in her August: Cauthen's contract not renewed

The lawsuit also alleges that Primo has been reported for indecent exposure at least three times, including incidents not involving Dr. Cauthen in Nevada and Minnesota.

It's really interesting that San Antonio allegedly took no action against Primo when the indecent exposure occurred, particularly since the Deshaun Watson stuff had happened in the same state.  They then doubled-down and fired (failed to renew) the whistle blower. 

To make a random guess here, what the Celtics did with Ime is not standard operating procedure in the NBA.  I wonder if San Antonio's reputation as a "classy" organization takes a hit.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 12:16:04 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2022, 12:18:11 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
This statement is a real piece of work.

“Primo is a 19-year-old NBA player who has suffered a lifetime of trauma and challenges. He is now being victimized by his former team appointed sports psychologist, who is playing to ugly stereotypes and racially charged fears for her own financial benefit.”

- Primo’s Attorney

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2022, 12:19:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
This statement is a real piece of work.

“Primo is a 19-year-old NBA player who has suffered a lifetime of trauma and challenges. He is now being victimized by his former team appointed sports psychologist, who is playing to ugly stereotypes and racially charged fears for her own financial benefit.”

- Primo’s Attorney

I love that.  Primo is the victim.  No wonder people hate lawyers (until they need one).

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2022, 12:34:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I wonder if San Antonio's reputation as a "classy" organization takes a hit.

It should, but it won't.

Re: Joshua Primo waived; accused of indecent exposure toward three women
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2022, 02:49:02 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
“According to the lawsuit, Primo exposed himself to Dr. Hillary Cauthen a total of nine times. The first incident allegedly occurred during a psychological session with Primo in December 2021 and was reported to Spurs management in January 2022.”

Surprised she didn’t threaten to take legal action after he allegedly exposed himself the first few times and the team didn’t take action. Why continue to see him.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2022, 02:53:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
“According to the lawsuit, Primo exposed himself to Dr. Hillary Cauthen a total of nine times. The first incident allegedly occurred during a psychological session with Primo in December 2021 and was reported to Spurs management in January 2022.”

Surprised she didn’t threaten to take legal action after he allegedly exposed himself the first few times and the team didn’t take action. Why continue to see him.

Yeah, it's important to remember that allegations aren't facts.  At the same time, the suggestion that there were similar allegations by other women -- which were the impetus for Primo's belief -- is pretty damaging if true.

Primo's lawyers are trying to portray this as a situation where Primo's junk inadvertently became visible because he was wearing shorts to a session.  There's a wild chasm factually between a one time accidental exposure that wasn't mentioned to Primo, versus a 9-time pattern of sexual deviancy that the Spurs knew about.

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2022, 03:46:37 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
When will some men figure out that such actions are illegal? I think some still think it’s funny. Maybe trying him as a sex offender (which he is if this story is true). I can only speak for myself- I wouldn’t want a sex offender status. Maybe some men don’t care.

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2022, 03:47:38 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
A lot of ppl with money & power think they can get away with a lot of stuff now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2022, 03:56:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The “he’s traumatised, so his crappy behaviour is fine and dandy” bothers me
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2022, 05:43:25 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

I doubt that anyone will offer him a regular roster spot.  I would not be opposed to offering him a 2-way contract (cut Kabengele or cut Jackson and put Kabengele on the regular roster).  He can take sensitivity training with Ime.

Kidding aside, and not knowing all the details, he is probably going to get another chance somewhere at some point.  But he likely has some work to do before he gets on the court even in the G-League.  A 2-way deal allows him the space to do the work while also having him in a position where he can be added to the roster at some point.  That seem better for him than to just be kind of cut loose and left to his own.

In the end. it seems unlikely that it will be the Celtics that give him this next chance, right on the heels of the Udoka thing.  But as I said, I would be OK with it in principle.

The plot has really thickened.  Exposing yourself 9 times or whatever.  That is really bizarre.  Maybe a 2-way contract isn't such a good idea.  He has made (or will have made when his contract is fully paid) about $12M.  It is a little scary to think this guy is just out there, with that kind of money, and no real structure around him.

That statement from his Lawyer sounds worse than something Giuliani would put out.  I think some really sleaze attorney wormed his way into Primo's orbit and is looking for a big payday.  This is not going to help Primo though.  Just an example of how vulnerable he is.  This is not a good situation for him or the public at large.

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2022, 05:47:58 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

The plot has really thickened.  Exposing yourself 9 times or whatever.  That is really bizarre.  Maybe a 2-way contract isn't such a good idea.  He has made (or will have made when his contract is fully paid) about $12M.  It is a little scary to think this guy is just out there, with that kind of money, and no real structure around him.

That statement from his Lawyer sounds worse than something Giuliani would put out.  I think some really sleaze attorney wormed his way into Primo's orbit and is looking for a big payday.  This is not going to help Primo though.  Just an example of how vulnerable he is.  This is not a good situation for him or the public at large.

I think he's done.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team