Author Topic: Joshua Primo waived; accused of indecent exposure toward three women  (Read 11342 times)

Re: Joshua Primo waived
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2022, 08:14:31 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Interesting with tho other thread on cancellation. I’m down for cancelling truly horrific acts. From the ESPN article that I just read, it seems like this guy can earn forgiveness. If he’s contrite (unlike Kanye or Kyrie), he deserves another chance.

I feel some team will give him a chance, maybe next season. Assuming of course no charges are filed against him.

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2022, 08:20:44 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Any word on whether it was female employees of the Spurs?

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2022, 08:24:01 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Interesting with tho other thread on cancellation. I’m down for cancelling truly horrific acts. From the ESPN article that I just read, it seems like this guy can earn forgiveness. If he’s contrite (unlike Kanye or Kyrie), he deserves another chance.

I feel some team will give him a chance, maybe next season. Assuming of course no charges are filed against him.

Perhaps. Considering Ime, we will not be that team. Too bad. For a bit I got excited this was something non-sexual and perhaps a steal we could seize.

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2022, 08:28:51 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

And that's a slippery slope. What's a truly horrific act and who defines itm? And it can't just be him showing contrition to earn forgiveness. There has to be counseling involved at a bare minimum.

I'm a woman who works in a field that heavily overlaps with sports as a subordinate and as a manager. It's tricky balancing guys who bring in big money and word of mouth advertising when it comes to sexual harassment. Unfortunately, I've seen situations where the company valued the relationships with athletes and agents instead of the safety and comfort of their female employees. It almost always backfires with athletes thinking they can get away with a slap on the wrist combined with female staffers who don't feel supported to report things until the situation is way out of control.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2022, 08:39:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If there are no criminal charges, my guess is he’ll be back in the NBA.  Deshaun Watson skated, and eventually Primo probably will, too.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2022, 08:58:35 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
If there are no criminal charges, my guess is he’ll be back in the NBA.  Deshaun Watson skated, and eventually Primo probably will, too.

And that's the part that's tough to reconcile for me. I understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty. However, as I mentioned earlier, there's situations that are egregious and horrific that don't warrant forgiveness. But because they never make it to the public eye or it's not viewed egregiously enough, it's very much dismissed.

I had an experience in which an employee had been hit on by a well known athlete multiple times. She said no each time and filed reports. She followed company policy by the book. The athlete responded by waiting for her in the parking lot one day after the office closed. Because he didn't cross a physical line and the abuse was only verbal in that instance, does it make it any less horrific?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2022, 09:03:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

And that's the part that's tough to reconcile for me. I understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty. However, as I mentioned earlier, there's situations that are egregious and horrific that don't warrant forgiveness. But because they never make it to the public eye or it's not viewed egregiously enough, it's very much dismissed.

I had an experience in which an employee had been hit on by a well known athlete multiple times. She said no each time and filed reports. She followed company policy by the book. The athlete responded by waiting for her in the parking lot one day after the office closed. Because he didn't cross a physical line and the abuse was only verbal in that instance, does it make it any less horrific?

I’m with you.  With sex crimes, even if only proven to a civil standard, I’d be fine with a lifetime ban.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2022, 09:19:40 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The San Antonio Spurs' release of guard Joshua Primo -- the No. 12 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft -- stemmed from multiple alleged instances of him exposing himself to women, sources told ESPN.

The decision to release Primo on Friday night was sudden and shocking, and it spoke to the severity of the issues surrounding the promising 19-year old player.

Wow, there you go, looks like you guys were right.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2022, 09:53:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Shams Charania: Sources: A former Spurs female employee has alleged that guard Josh Primo exposed himself to her, and she has hired attorney Tony Buzbee. Buzbee represented the women in the sexual misconduct lawsuits against NFL QB Deshaun Watson. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2022, 11:07:53 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
What's up with the NBA lately and particularly Texas sports teams with personnel having sexual misconducts. Crazies running about these days

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2022, 12:06:02 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
What's up with the NBA lately and particularly Texas sports teams with personnel having sexual misconducts. Crazies running about these days

This is all Imes fault.  Everyone that has experienced sexual misconduct is coming with a lawsuit. 

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2022, 03:08:10 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Any word on whether it was female employees of the Spurs?

One of them was.

A former employee of the San Antonio Spurs alleges that Josh Primo, the franchise’s 2021 first-round pick, exposed himself to her, according to Texas attorney Tony Buzbee, who confirmed that he has been hired by the alleged victim.

Primo, 19, was abruptly released by the Spurs on Friday, less than three weeks after the organization picked up his $4.3 million option for the 2023-24 season.

“It is our hope that, in the long run, this decision will serve the best interest of both the organization and Joshua,” Spurs CEO RC Buford said in a statement. “The Spurs organization, including front-office executives, coaching staff and players, will have no additional comments to share at this time.”

ESPN reported Saturday that Primo’s release followed “multiple alleged incidents of exposing himself to women,” while The Athletic first reported that Buzbee, who represented nearly two dozen women who brought sexual misconduct lawsuits against NFL quarterback Deshaun Watson, would represent an unidentified former Spurs employee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/10/29/josh-primo-spurs-exposed-himself-spurs/
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2022, 02:54:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

This is all Imes fault.  Everyone that has experienced sexual misconduct is coming with a lawsuit.
The horror
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2022, 05:25:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He won't be coming here.

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2022, 05:34:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
He won't be coming here.

The only team I can see claiming him off waivers would be OKC.  It’s very doubtful, but they don’t need him this season and have a TPE to put in a claim.  They could immediately suspend him, and eventually waive him if this blows up even worse.