Author Topic: Our Core  (Read 825 times)

Our Core
« on: October 28, 2022, 10:45:33 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This is my opinion (of course): Tatum, Brown, Smart, Brogdon

Everybody else is on the table. That's some usable contracts and decent talent to deal including Horford, R-Will, G-Will, Gallo, White, Pritchard.

Discuss.

Re: Our Core
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 10:59:15 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Everybody should be on the table for the right price, including even Tatum. Obviously, we'd consider trading Tatum only for an elite player (let's say if Giannis/Jokic/Luka somehow became available), nevertheless nobody should be completely untouchable.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 11:17:13 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Tatum and Brown are core for me that's about it. Id be very willing to deal anyone else for an upgrade.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 11:22:44 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
Everybody should be on the table for the right price, including even Tatum. Obviously, we'd consider trading Tatum only for an elite player (let's say if Giannis/Jokic/Luka somehow became available), nevertheless nobody should be completely untouchable.
Fair enough, but behind this conversation is the question: Do we build on what we have or blow it up? Trading JT is blowing it up, IMO. Not so for trading JB, IMO.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 11:26:03 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
There is a difference between your core and untouchable players. 

There are basically only 5-10 untouchable players in the league at any given time (you know where you basically only trade an untouchable player for a different untouchable player). 

Boston has a pretty clear core of Tatum, Brown, Smart, and Horford.  I believe Brogdon will enter that equation as the season wears on and if Rob could ever stay healthy, he'd be in it.  But Tatum is the only guy on the team that if he isn't one of the handful of untouchable players, he is awfully close to it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 12:52:20 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
There is a difference between your core and untouchable players. 

There are basically only 5-10 untouchable players in the league at any given time (you know where you basically only trade an untouchable player for a different untouchable player). 

Boston has a pretty clear core of Tatum, Brown, Smart, and Horford.  I believe Brogdon will enter that equation as the season wears on and if Rob could ever stay healthy, he'd be in it.  But Tatum is the only guy on the team that if he isn't one of the handful of untouchable players, he is awfully close to it.
Hey, I'm the biggest fan of Al Horford there is. I love his diligence, teamwork, BBIQ, skills on both sides of the ball, etc. BUT, you have to give up something to get something and Al is in the twilight of his career. Before I put up this thread, I thought long and hard about whether to include Horford and decided against it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 01:43:26 PM by Surferdad »