Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Magic (0-2) Game #3 10/22/22  (Read 15523 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Magic (0-2) Game #3 10/22/22
« Reply #495 on: October 23, 2022, 08:43:08 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Interesting that the Orlando crowd was much more into the game than the Miami crowd was last night
Part of the reason is that about 30% of them appeared to be Celtics fans.   8)

« Reply #496 on: October 23, 2022, 09:34:32 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Interesting that the Orlando crowd was much more into the game than the Miami crowd was last night

Orlando crowds tend to show up even when the team is bad. Miami though never seems to sell out. Since their "white hot" movement in the playoffs with Lebron-Wade-Bosh in the early 2010s, it feels like that arena is always either empty in the regular season, or still partially empty during the playoffs. Hell, in last year's postseason it felt like 20% of the stadium was empty when we played them during the games @MIA and the crowd noise wasn't as electric (except for Game 7... which I mean it's Game 7 so obviously it'd be) 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #497 on: October 23, 2022, 09:50:38 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

People crap on Orlando, but they generally show up for their team. Back when they had Dwight, the place was insane. They still had a good draw with the Vuc, Gordon, Fournier late playoff teams, but there was always a ceiling with that group. People are genuinely and rightfully excited about this new era - hoping it works out for them. That Vuc for Carter, Wagner, and a 1st was such a great trade for them.

I remember getting behind Doc’s overachieving team too. 
Yup

« Reply #498 on: October 23, 2022, 10:10:52 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Honestly it may sound like a redundant statement but if the Celtics have the best record in the league (or conference) by seasons end, Tatum will be the MVP.

His scoring efficiency, defensive intensity and ball movement all add up to MVP level status.

I agree Tatum is a candidate for MVP. He's perhaps the most allround player in the league.
That said, fans hype up their own players and seem to ignore all the other great players.

How about two-time MVP's Jokic and Antetokounmpo? What if Doncic gets even better?
Your statement is too firm in my opinion.

Same thing as Scal who said that Tatum and Brown are clearly the best duo in the NBA.

I think Jokic with a healthy Murray, Antetokounmpo + Middleton, James + Davis, Embiid + Harden, Leonard back on track with George and even Durant + Irving have an argument with that.
Except Murray isn't healthy and Middleton isn't healthy and Davis isn't healthy and Harden and Embiid are clowns and Kawhi isn't healthy and Irving is a clown.

In other words, they, right now, are not on the Jays level. With the except of Brown's bad shooting last night, the Jays have been healthy and brilliant and working together tremendously.

« Reply #499 on: October 23, 2022, 11:19:50 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Orlando is ok to cheer for .

Miami just reminds me TOO much of the Lakers in some respects .  Heat and Lakers fans have a love affair for each other.

Just sick.

« Reply #500 on: October 23, 2022, 01:12:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Orlando is ok to cheer for .

Miami just reminds me TOO much of the Lakers in some respects .  Heat and Lakers fans have a love affair for each other.

Just sick.

Pat Riley and LeBron James after all lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)