Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 290561 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #780 on: November 23, 2022, 01:22:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
Russell Westbrook is expected to sign with Miami Heat if Lakers buy him out. Dang
Link to this? Why would Lakers buy him out

https://heatnation.com/rumors/report-buzz-around-nba-has-russell-westbrook-signing-with-miami-heat-if-hes-bought-out/

It’s hard to see the Lakers doing this specially since they’ve been playing well as of late. The Lakers’ chemistry has actually been much better with Bron out.

Yeah Lebron is really going to have to adjust his game when he gets back a bit. Have the offense going to go through the AD, stop with the pull up threes from the logo and actually make something approaching an inch of effort on the defensive end.

« Reply #781 on: November 23, 2022, 04:26:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Anthony Davis reverting back to his New Orleans level of play without Bron is quite interesting
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #782 on: November 23, 2022, 10:29:30 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
After beating us, Chicago doing us a favor and beating Milwaukee, too.

« Reply #783 on: November 23, 2022, 10:50:01 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
 I feel like the fact that Kawhi has played only 5 games this year (just over 100 minutes) isn't getting enough attention. Saw he was out again tonight. Was this expected coming into the year?

« Reply #784 on: November 23, 2022, 11:46:38 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983
I feel like the fact that Kawhi has played only 5 games this year (just over 100 minutes) isn't getting enough attention. Saw he was out again tonight. Was this expected coming into the year?

Maybe not by the media but there’s a reason the Clips have Morris, Batum, and Covington all on their roster.

« Reply #785 on: November 24, 2022, 12:20:50 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Russell Westbrook is expected to sign with Miami Heat if Lakers buy him out. Dang
Link to this? Why would Lakers buy him out

https://heatnation.com/rumors/report-buzz-around-nba-has-russell-westbrook-signing-with-miami-heat-if-hes-bought-out/

It’s hard to see the Lakers doing this specially since they’ve been playing well as of late. The Lakers’ chemistry has actually been much better with Bron out.

Yeah Lebron is really going to have to adjust his game when he gets back a bit. Have the offense going to go through the AD, stop with the pull up threes from the logo and actually make something approaching an inch of effort on the defensive end.

Problem is Lebron's not really an off-ball player. His best use is being the focal point. I guess we all know this and why the Lakers are considered badly constructed.

« Reply #786 on: November 24, 2022, 10:54:36 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
The Western Conference is pretty insane. Only 3 games separate the 1 seed and the 11 seed currently lol

The East I think is sort of starting to separate itself. I think Cleveland is legit (not a fluke) so the Top 3 in some order is probably MIL, CLE, BOS. After that it's a bit hard to tell but I consider the rest of them 2nd and 3rd tier. Idk if any or all of BKN, MIA, PHI figure it out but I kind of put them in that group too. But PHI may have the best chance to rebound once they get Harden back and so far they've been playing better lately too with Embiid looking like a monster 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #787 on: November 24, 2022, 02:09:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rumors are that Boogie will be signing in Taiwan soon.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #788 on: November 24, 2022, 02:24:16 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

It’s hard to feel sorry for DeMarcus Cousins, given that he’s the master of his own downfall.

Cousins fell in the draft to the Sacramento Kings because of bad temper & inconsistent motor. He’s never worked on his defensive game and although he’s never been ‘overweight’, it’s obvious he’s never been in elite shape, which I’m sure contributed to his ruptured achilles.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 02:31:34 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #789 on: November 24, 2022, 02:32:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It’s hard to feel sorry for DeMarcus Cousins, given that he’s the master of his own downfall.

Cousins fell in the draft to the Sacramento Kings because of bad temper & inconsistent motor. He’s never worked on his defensive game and although he’s never been ‘overweight’, it’s obvious he’s never been in elite shape, which I’m sure contributed to his ACL tear.

He was actually good on defense before injury.  He led the league in charges at least twice, his blocks and steals were impressive, and his on vs off numbers were excellent.

He’s also been a hard worker.

His faults traditionally were related to his temper, and occasional effort in games his teammates sucked.

But, once injured, he lost so much athleticism.  His defense on a good night is limited to average.  His offense is still good, and is very versatile. 

I think he could help various contenders, but he’s obviously no longer an All-NBA player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #790 on: November 24, 2022, 02:47:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Cousins fell in the draft to the Sacramento Kings because of bad temper & inconsistent motor. He’s never worked on his defensive game and although he’s never been ‘overweight’, it’s obvious he’s never been in elite shape, which I’m sure contributed to his ACL tear.

He was actually good on defense before injury.  He led the league in charges at least twice, his blocks and steals were impressive, and his on vs off numbers were excellent.

He’s also been a hard worker.

His faults traditionally were related to his temper, and occasional effort in games his teammates sucked.

But, once injured, he lost so much athleticism.  His defense on a good night is limited to average.  His offense is still good, and is very versatile. 

I think he could help various contenders, but he’s obviously no longer an All-NBA player.
It should be noted Roy sees Boogie in the same light I see Jaylen Brown and his evaluation here is probably not one held by many people, especially NBA executives.

« Reply #791 on: November 25, 2022, 11:05:21 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Shams Charania: Sources: Charlotte’s Gordon Hayward will be sidelined indefinitely due to a fracture in his left shoulder. Hornets expect Hayward to miss time and he is undergoing further evaluations.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #792 on: November 25, 2022, 11:09:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Shams Charania: Sources: Charlotte’s Gordon Hayward will be sidelined indefinitely due to a fracture in his left shoulder. Hornets expect Hayward to miss time and he is undergoing further evaluations.

It’s interesting how some guys have fragile bodies while others can take constant abuse.

« Reply #793 on: November 25, 2022, 11:26:27 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370

It’s interesting how some guys have fragile bodies while others can take constant abuse.

His  first 7 years with Utah he missed 48 games or an average of 6.9 games a season….after joining Boston and breaking his ankle he has missed 263 games in 6 years or an average of 43 games a season :o

It’s like he got cursed when he signed with Boston to play with IT and ended up with Cryrie and Cryrie said to him “gonna be crazy G”…crazy doesn’t even start to describe what happened to him  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #794 on: November 25, 2022, 11:33:44 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Fans of bygone eras might appreciate the "pure point guard" performance by Haliburton tonight - 15 assists to zero turnovers against the Nets.