Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 291662 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #795 on: November 26, 2022, 02:50:17 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Shams Charania: Sources: Charlotte’s Gordon Hayward will be sidelined indefinitely due to a fracture in his left shoulder. Hornets expect Hayward to miss time and he is undergoing further evaluations.

It’s interesting how some guys have fragile bodies while others can take constant abuse.

His  first 7 years with Utah he missed 48 games or an average of 6.9 games a season….after joining Boston and breaking his ankle he has missed 263 games in 6 years or an average of 43 games a season :o

It’s like he got cursed when he signed with Boston to play with IT and ended up with Cryrie and Cryrie said to him “gonna be crazy G”…crazy doesn’t even start to describe what happened to him  :-\

Same with Kemba. Kemba was considered one of the NBA's iron man before he got to Boston.

« Reply #796 on: November 26, 2022, 05:57:02 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Shams Charania: Sources: Charlotte’s Gordon Hayward will be sidelined indefinitely due to a fracture in his left shoulder. Hornets expect Hayward to miss time and he is undergoing further evaluations.
Feel sorry for him..since he broke his leg, he never been the same
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #797 on: November 26, 2022, 09:00:55 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

It’s interesting how some guys have fragile bodies while others can take constant abuse.

His  first 7 years with Utah he missed 48 games or an average of 6.9 games a season….after joining Boston and breaking his ankle he has missed 263 games in 6 years or an average of 43 games a season :o

It’s like he got cursed when he signed with Boston to play with IT and ended up with Cryrie and Cryrie said to him “gonna be crazy G”…crazy doesn’t even start to describe what happened to him  :-\

Are you sure about that? I'm getting 218 (regular season) games played in the past 5 seasons, which with 390 total games played (keeping in mind the two 72 game seasons) puts him at 34.4 missed per season (172 total). I get to 243/472 missed (40.5 per season) if you assume he misses the rest of this year, but it doesn't seem like that's the case (at least not yet). Also you have him 20 missed games that were didn't actually happen due to shortened seasons.

Of course, he also missed fewer games for the Jazz than you indicated because of the 2011-12 lockout shortened season... so talk about a ridiculous turnaround. It's like breaking his leg just completely broke the rest of his body too
I'm bitter.

« Reply #798 on: November 26, 2022, 10:02:29 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Feel sorry for him..since he broke his leg, he never been the same

For sure. He was an amazing player in Utah. I still hope the Celtics can reunite with him one day, but at this point that would have to be after his current contract.

« Reply #799 on: November 26, 2022, 12:14:48 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
The story gets even more interesting:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-wife-blasts-phoenix-suns-amid-gordon-haywards-mysterious-injury

Gordo turns 33 in March so I think its safe to say that his days as a top level player are over. His ceiling is probabably landing in the right situation as a rotation guy on a decent team.

« Reply #800 on: November 26, 2022, 12:42:04 PM »

Offline President Red

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 40
The story gets even more interesting:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-wife-blasts-phoenix-suns-amid-gordon-haywards-mysterious-injury

I was expecting that article to be about the injury being caused by a Phoenix Suns player.  Maybe Crowder is still bitter about all the applause for Gordon in the Garden when Utah was in town.

« Reply #801 on: November 26, 2022, 01:13:59 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
I will never forget watching the game when Gordo got hurt 5 minutes into his Celtic career.  Crowder and James intentionally gooned him up on an alley oop pass from Cryrie.  Gordo has never been the same.  Boo!

« Reply #802 on: November 27, 2022, 10:39:30 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
T.J. Warren set to return this week. I targeted him as a potential Celtics pick up last off-season, I was disappointed to see him go to the nets. I’m interested what he can do coming off what seems to be a pretty major injury.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #803 on: November 27, 2022, 10:54:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
 Ivica Zubac: 31 pts / 29 rebs / 3 blocks; 14/17 FG.  Fouled out before he could grab the 30th board.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #804 on: November 27, 2022, 10:56:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I've always like Zubac.  Glad to see him doing well, but man are the Clippers in trouble if he goes down.  He is their only big guy. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #805 on: November 28, 2022, 12:11:26 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Ivica Zubac: 31 pts / 29 rebs / 3 blocks; 14/17 FG.  Fouled out before he could grab the 30th board.

Insane line. Wow
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #806 on: November 28, 2022, 03:35:32 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Are you sure about that? I'm getting 218 (regular season) games played in the past 5 seasons, which with 390 total games played (keeping in mind the two 72 game seasons) puts him at 34.4 missed per season (172 total). I get to 243/472 missed (40.5 per season) if you assume he misses the rest of this year, but it doesn't seem like that's the case (at least not yet). Also you have him 20 missed games that were didn't actually happen due to shortened seasons.

Of course, he also missed fewer games for the Jazz than you indicated because of the 2011-12 lockout shortened season... so talk about a ridiculous turnaround. It's like breaking his leg just completely broke the rest of his body too

Yes, I overlooked the 72 game seasons, and the fact that he's out indefinitely but whether he missed the whole year is unknown. So not quite as bad as I thought but still bad  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #807 on: November 28, 2022, 09:16:28 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Speaking of injured former Celtics...

The Dallas Mavericks are in advanced talks to sign Kemba Walker and could complete the signing of the former All-Star guard as early as this week pending physical examinations, league sources tell The Stein Line. – via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

Shams Charania: The Dallas Mavericks plan to sign Kemba Walker and waive Facundo Campazzo, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium . – via Twitter ShamsCharania
 Top Rumors, Free Agency, Facundo Campazzo,

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #808 on: November 28, 2022, 09:20:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Speaking of injured former Celtics...

The Dallas Mavericks are in advanced talks to sign Kemba Walker and could complete the signing of the former All-Star guard as early as this week pending physical examinations, league sources tell The Stein Line. – via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

Shams Charania: The Dallas Mavericks plan to sign Kemba Walker and waive Facundo Campazzo, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium . – via Twitter ShamsCharania
 Top Rumors, Free Agency, Facundo Campazzo,
Assuming he is only going to be a 10 mpg type player, I like the move.  I feel like the Mavs could use an adult in the lockerroom and he'd help immensely in that department.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #809 on: November 28, 2022, 10:24:08 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Hopefully Kemba will help Luka, he needs it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark