Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 109218 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #855 on: November 21, 2022, 12:11:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I don’t care how we got there. We got to 6 wins. Now, haters tell me how that crow tastes? Is it like chicken or more gamey?

Agree. “6 wins at best” was awesome.

Vikings got pounded and short week. Can’t wait for Thanksgiving!

It wasn’t just the saying 6 wins at best before the season, which I think someone could have said in good faith. It was the doubling and tripling and quadrupling down even as they got to 4 wins. That made it probably the worst most embarrassing argument of the year on the forum. Would be funny if we could have a poll for that lol.

Season not over. They lost 4 of 5 to end the season last year. And the Jets are the only quote unquote “good team” they’ve beat all year?  They haven’t beat 1 good Qb as well. I’ll change my tune when they beat a good team or QB.

To be clear- no one here was stating that the Pats are good. I (and others) were just saying that their coach (and defense) would give them a floor of 7-8 wins. “6 at best” was the lightning rod that got people excited because it wasn’t a well thought out response.

I understand that people are sick of the Pats. I don’t understand how people thought it was all (or mostly) Brady. I feel that those with that view point missed watching 20 years of incredibly exciting football.

Tp. Agree with all of this. I’ll also add, I think it is absolutely pathetic to go onto the patriots thread, spend two months doubling down on trolling the fans of the team with progressively worse takes, and then just absolutely vanish from the thread when you are dead wrong. Behavior like this just kind of makes the forum worse. We all make absolutely brutal predictions on sports, but it is a lot nicer when we can acknowledge when we were wrong and move forward in the discussions feeling they were made in good faith. TP’s to all the real ones on this thread.

« Reply #856 on: November 21, 2022, 01:09:55 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Thursday night will be interesting.  Road game on short week against a p---ed off Vikings squad who just got lit up.

I’m not as worried about the Vikings defense. Tony Pollard made them look silly.

Their offense will be a handful. BB will focus on eliminating Jefferson, which should leave room for guys like Cook to work in the flats/underneath.

I think the Pats have a legit chance of winning, only because their defense can keep them in a game.

Kirk Cousins is also not a mobile QB so if the pass rush (Judon and Wise) can generate pressure, that could also help to disrupt things. Cousins does tend to make big mistakes too and hopefully the defense can force one.

That said I'm still more worried about our own offense (especially O-Line). We've been relying on the defense and special teams too much but at some point our offense actually needs to convert with touchdowns and put up 21+ on their own especially against great teams
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #857 on: November 21, 2022, 01:21:36 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Looks like Andrews might be lost for the season  :-\ Our turnstile offensive line just got a lot worse if so

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1594448168845967360?s=20&t=3eaJnhBsx-gzhQFZHc5CPQ
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 01:37:29 PM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #858 on: November 21, 2022, 04:16:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I made a Facebook post yesterday that I had a hunch that “against all logic, it was going to be a shootout”. 

Someone mentioned bad predictions below… just thought I’d share.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 04:43:57 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #859 on: November 21, 2022, 04:23:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I made a Facebook post yesterday that I had a hunch that “against all logic, it was going to be a shootout”. 

Someone mentioned bad predictions below… mousy thought I’d share.

Certainly not the worst prediction in this thread.   ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #860 on: November 21, 2022, 04:38:48 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Looks like Andrews might be lost for the season  :-\ Our turnstile offensive line just got a lot worse if so

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1594448168845967360?s=20&t=3eaJnhBsx-gzhQFZHc5CPQ

The O-line is the biggest problem, and now it'll likely get worse. QBs—especially young QBs—do better if given more time to make decisions, and Jones just isn't getting enough time.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #861 on: November 21, 2022, 04:44:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Someone mentioned bad predictions below… mousy thought I’d share.

Certainly not the worst prediction in this thread.   ;)

Guess not huh.  Not sure where the "mousy" came from.
Yup

« Reply #862 on: November 21, 2022, 05:45:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Someone mentioned bad predictions below… just thought I’d share.

Haha yeah we have all done those! Sadly at this point it’s really hard for me to picture the pats scoring 30 points.

« Reply #863 on: November 23, 2022, 05:13:50 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Happy the week so far leading up to Thanksgiving has gone by pretty fast, but I have to admit it legit doesn't feel like the Pats have a game tomorrow, yet they do

Like... the Pats are playing a game Thanksgiving night in just 27 hours, and it doesn't feel like it at all. Very short turnaround it seems haha
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #864 on: November 23, 2022, 06:00:05 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Happy the week so far leading up to Thanksgiving has gone by pretty fast, but I have to admit it legit doesn't feel like the Pats have a game tomorrow, yet they do

Like... the Pats are playing a game Thanksgiving night in just 27 hours, and it doesn't feel like it at all. Very short turnaround it seems haha

I bet some players are thinking - are you serious - I have to play again tomorrow?

Pats D had a relatively easy game on Sunday. Had the ball on offense for most of the game (35 to 24).  Defense dominated the Jets offense. 

Minnesota got shellacked by Dallas. Defense  was on the field much of the game (37-22).

« Reply #865 on: November 23, 2022, 07:13:22 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #866 on: November 24, 2022, 09:36:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Was kind of annoyed we didn’t go for it on 4th and 1. That is like the whole thing out offense is good at. Now may be down at half. Really struggling with Jefferson.

« Reply #867 on: November 24, 2022, 09:36:25 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Jefferson is a heck of a receiver.  Cousins is putting it where he can make plays.  Not sure Pats offense can get enough points on the board.   

Mac 2-minute drill upcoming...

« Reply #868 on: November 24, 2022, 09:40:56 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Throw it away Mac

« Reply #869 on: November 24, 2022, 09:44:46 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Happy they got the FG.  But TWO wasted timeouts cost them.