Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 109528 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #840 on: November 20, 2022, 07:38:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I don’t care how we got there. We got to 6 wins. Now, haters tell me how that crow tastes? Is it like chicken or more gamey?

« Reply #841 on: November 20, 2022, 08:25:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Disappointed in the offense especially after a bye.

Patricia was terrible as the DC with the bend but don't break defense that was never aggressive. Now as the play caller we get the move the ball and maybe get 3 offense. Can't wait to move on from him.

Solid defense and great return to finish the game.

I will be happy to see 9 wins this year.

« Reply #842 on: November 20, 2022, 09:43:02 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
I don’t care how we got there. We got to 6 wins. Now, haters tell me how that crow tastes? Is it like chicken or more gamey?

Agree. “6 wins at best” was awesome.

Vikings got pounded and short week. Can’t wait for Thanksgiving!

« Reply #843 on: November 20, 2022, 10:15:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

It wasn’t just the saying 6 wins at best before the season, which I think someone could have said in good faith. It was the doubling and tripling and quadrupling down even as they got to 4 wins. That made it probably the worst most embarrassing argument of the year on the forum. Would be funny if we could have a poll for that lol.

« Reply #844 on: November 20, 2022, 10:46:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Scott Souza @Scott_Souza
about 6 hours ago
#Celtics, #Bruins, #Patriots have now combined to win 18 straight games.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #845 on: November 21, 2022, 06:39:38 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Patricia was terrible as the DC with the bend but don't break defense that was never aggressive. Now as the play caller we get the move the ball and maybe get 3 offense. Can't wait to move on from him.

Patricia's specialty is preventing teams from scoring  in the red zone. Who would have guessed that it also applied to the offensive side of the ball
I'm bitter.

« Reply #846 on: November 21, 2022, 08:14:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Patricia's specialty is preventing teams from scoring  in the red zone. Who would have guessed that it also applied to the offensive side of the ball

Lol
They ought to start kicking field goals on first down the moment they get in the red zone.  They’re just making the FG harder with the negative yardage once they get to 4th down.

Listen, that was a hard fought win against a team who was really motivated to win (and had beaten some decent teams). 

And it was one of the more memorable endings I’ve seen. 
Yup

« Reply #847 on: November 21, 2022, 08:45:08 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I am not too worried how we got here either.  I predicted that they would be in the playoff hunt and that making the playoffs was a realistic stretch goal.  So far so good.  I have plenty of concern with the OL-Pass Protection now with David Andrews out.  I like Mac Jones and all but he does not move well in the pocket.  He doesn't read the pressure well and find ways to step up or otherwise buy a second or two to avoid a sac.  To be clear, many if not most of the sacks are not his fault, but I feel he should be able to avoid some of them.  It is a bad combination for us right now.  Bad OL and a QB who does not avoid the rush well.

Setting the Bills games aside for now, the two tough games (based on current record) are MIN and MIA.  Both teams leading their divisions.  Can we win either of these games?  Which is the more likely to win?  I think we may need to win one of these to make the playoffs.  And then of course take care of business against ARI, LAS, CIN (which feels realistic).  Even though the Bills have been shaky lately, I think winning one of those games is the least likely.  They will be up for us.  They know how to game plan against us.  And they are good.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:20:05 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #848 on: November 21, 2022, 09:44:22 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston

It wasn’t just the saying 6 wins at best before the season, which I think someone could have said in good faith. It was the doubling and tripling and quadrupling down even as they got to 4 wins. That made it probably the worst most embarrassing argument of the year on the forum. Would be funny if we could have a poll for that lol.

Season not over. They lost 4 of 5 to end the season last year. And the Jets are the only quote unquote “good team” they’ve beat all year?  They haven’t beat 1 good Qb as well. I’ll change my tune when they beat a good team or QB.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #849 on: November 21, 2022, 09:50:39 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Scott Souza @Scott_Souza
about 6 hours ago
#Celtics, #Bruins, #Patriots have now combined to win 18 straight games.

Will the Red Sox be the next team to lose a game?  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #850 on: November 21, 2022, 09:50:54 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Well the next 2 games will tell us how good this team really is - Vikings away, Bills at home. Then we have Cardinals away and Raiders away.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #851 on: November 21, 2022, 09:56:52 AM »

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Season not over. They lost 4 of 5 to end the season last year. And the Jets are the only quote unquote “good team” they’ve beat all year?  They haven’t beat 1 good Qb as well. I’ll change my tune when they beat a good team or QB.

To be clear- no one here was stating that the Pats are good. I (and others) were just saying that their coach (and defense) would give them a floor of 7-8 wins. “6 at best” was the lightning rod that got people excited because it wasn’t a well thought out response.

I understand that people are sick of the Pats. I don’t understand how people thought it was all (or mostly) Brady. I feel that those with that view point missed watching 20 years of incredibly exciting football.

« Reply #852 on: November 21, 2022, 10:43:20 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
The next 6 games are DET, @CLE, CHI, @NYJ, IND, NYJ

Hopefully Mac returns soon but that's a stretch the Pats really need to take advantage of. Going 4-2 would be fine but I think 5-1 has to be the goal. If they do go 5-1 in the next 6, that puts them at 6-4 and probably in the playoff hunt. It's been a weird start around the league so nothing is set in stone really

I agree with @Vermont Green, yes it's not great to be 1-3 but they've played some tough teams (BAL, Green Bay) and one of them with their 3rd-string QB. But NE has definitely showed they can hang with them. I also see noticeable improvement/progress each week.

Posted this after the Packers game when we fell to 1-3

Go figure!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #853 on: November 21, 2022, 10:53:28 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Thursday night will be interesting.  Road game on short week against a p---ed off Vikings squad who just got lit up. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #854 on: November 21, 2022, 11:03:16 AM »

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Thursday night will be interesting.  Road game on short week against a p---ed off Vikings squad who just got lit up.

I’m not as worried about the Vikings defense. Tony Pollard made them look silly.

Their offense will be a handful. BB will focus on eliminating Jefferson, which should leave room for guys like Cook to work in the flats/underneath.

I think the Pats have a legit chance of winning, only because their defense can keep them in a game.